Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Dude.

I'm not a fan of Ziggler in 2019. I think he's an uber geek but an American flag on his trunks isn't something I'd criticize him about. So what? I won't get very political here but I don't see how his political beliefs, whatever they are, have to do with the American flag being a "problem" because it's on his trunks. Sounds like irrelevant, petty shit.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,797 Posts
He's heavy into politics and loves MERCIA ! Who cares honestly though, the tights are cool too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dude.

I'm not a fan of Ziggler in 2019. I think he's an uber geek but an American flag on his trunks isn't something I'd criticize him about. So what? I won't get very political here but I don't see how his political beliefs, whatever they are, have to do with the American flag being a "problem" because it's on his trunks. Sounds like irrelevant, petty shit.
I never mentioned anything about politics in the OP lol. Neither am I criticising him for it, I’m just questioning the logic. A heel without a patriotic gimmick wearing the American flag in an American based promotion is a bit random to me. Just reeks of when I was kid and used to add random insignia and logos on my create-a-wrestler in a video game.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I noticed this recently, why does he have the USA flag on his attire, he’s a heel and doesn’t have a patriotic gimmick.

Admittedly I stop watching WWE for a few years, so I might have missed out on something. Is there any specific reason behind his choice of having to he USA flag on the back of tights?
Isn't wear the flag is stitched on his pants considered a "diss" ? I mean couldn't it be placed on the thigh or elsewhere on the pants. I think it's akin to putting it on toilet paper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Isn't wear the flag is stitched on his pants considered a "diss" ? I mean couldn't it be placed on the thigh or elsewhere on the pants. I think it's akin to putting it on toilet paper.
from: https://www.military.com/flag-day/us-flag-code.html
No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,076 Posts
More of an aesthetics thing. Sometimes in entertainment, aesthetic choices are made to simply evoke themes or feelings or history without being overt or integral elements of characterization.

Dolph is a lean, cool guy with long blonde locks and an all American surfer jock vibe. The flag visual is meant to evoke that aesthetic and put that vibe on him without it being too important

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,262 Posts
I targeted the statement that conservatives "tend to" be more "patriotic" than liberals, since there's absolutely no way to measure patriotism in a quantifiable fashion, let alone across the ideological spectrum occupied by 320 million people. If you can provide facts and evidence to support that argument, I'll listen, but I avoid such gross, unsupportable generalizations.
I think he meant to say conservatives tend to be more jingoistic.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Dude.

I think it's more about it having nothing to do with his character. I mean, wrestlers from other countries wearing their national flags is understandable because they are way fewer and being from X country is often an integral part of their character/gimmick. When talking about somebody from the USA, it's weird that someone who doesn't have being overly patriotic or anything like that wears the flag.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I noticed this recently, why does he have the USA flag on his attire, he’s a heel and doesn’t have a patriotic gimmick.

Admittedly I stop watching WWE for a few years, so I might have missed out on something. Is there any specific reason behind his choice of having to he USA flag on the back of tights?
HOW IS THIS IMPORTANT?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Ziggler has had some weird attires that i can't quit figure out, like those ones he wore just once that had Evil written on the back, that made no sense.

But he's always repped the US flag over the years on his gear and it never confused me

I mean not everyone has to have a patriotic character to have the flag on their gear, Oney Lorcan has it on his gear, Forgotten Sons on NXT use it. Also Ziggler was an amateur wrestler who represented the USA and guys with that background in pro wrestling usually rep the US flag on their gear in some form just to keep a part of that background with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

So for him to be a patriotic American it has to be a gimmick?? Maybe he's PROUD of his country and the rights that he has as one. Why does it seem so odd to you for someone to be a fucking Patriot??! You a Democrat by any chance?

·
Springboard diving into Bianca's bed.
914 Posts
Why would he not ? He's american and a former amateur wrestler , its an aesthetic choice related to his background but it does'nt have to be what is whole character is about nor that much of a big deal

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,509 Posts
So for him to be a patriotic American it has to be a gimmick?? Maybe he's PROUD of his country and the rights that he has as one. Why does it seem so odd to you for someone to be a fucking Patriot??! You a Democrat by any chance?
Yay for gross generalizations/assumptions/questions based on a whole lot of nothing! I swear, some of you people...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts