Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed this recently, why does he have the USA flag on his attire, he’s a heel and doesn’t have a patriotic gimmick.

Admittedly I stop watching WWE for a few years, so I might have missed out on something. Is there any specific reason behind his choice of having to he USA flag on the back of tights?

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I don't enjoy the product these days, and I don't even nitpick every single tiny thing about it.

I can't imagine how much of a torture the weekly shows must be for the people that do!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Because he's American? I think he's conservative too, who tend to be more patriotic than liberals.

Rusev has the Bulgaria flag on his shorts and I don't see no threads.
But Rusev’s gimmick is a “Bulgarian Brute”, what’s Zigglers gimmick, “The Show-Off”, it doesn’t make sense... Unless he’s saying that Americans are show-offs, lol.

I don't enjoy the product these days, and I don't even nitpick every single tiny thing about it.

I can't imagine how much of a torture the weekly shows must be for the people that do!!
So are the majority of the locker room. It’s just random because it’s not a defining point of his gimmick.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
He got sick of people pointing out he just had ripped off HBK attire so he thought he would wear something HBK never did.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
But Rusev’s gimmick is a “Bulgarian Brute”, what’s Zigglers gimmick, “The Show-Off”, it doesn’t make sense... Unless he’s saying that Americans are show-offs, lol.

So are the majority of the locker room. It’s just random because it’s not a defining point of his gimmick.
Isn't his gimmick more of a bitter veteran than a show-off now?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Isn't his gimmick more of a bitter veteran than a show-off now?
True... but his theme song and titantron are still “the show off”... man, I don’t even know anymore... was he US champ lately? Maybe these tights were made for him to wear during his championship reign?

·
Registered
307 Posts
He's quite a patriotic guy and does a lot of work for wounded veterans . It surprises me that's he's conversative, he comes across as much more liberal in his views

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
True... but his theme song and titantron are still “the show off”... man, I don’t even know anymore... was he US champ lately? Maybe these tights were made for him to wear during his championship reign?
I wouldn't put too much stock in this. On her first night on Smackdown this year, Bayley came out and said that she's not a hugger anymore. Her video still says "I'm a hugger".

Consistency is not a strong suit in WWE these days

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,897 Posts
Because he's American? I think he's conservative too, who tend to be more patriotic than liberals.
A gross generalization that can't be supported by facts, reason, or logic. My friend died defending this country and he was a liberal and as gay as the day is long. Disqualified.

Back to reality: nothing wrong with love of country.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
It was when he has the "amateur wrestler" gimmick. He competed in some college amateur wrestling competitions so he kinda wannabe Kurt Angle at some point in his career. It wasn't that long ago but all of his gimmicks are forgettable.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
A gross generalization that can't be supported by facts, reason, or logic. My friend died defending this country and he was a liberal and as gay as the day is long. Disqualified.

Back to reality: nothing wrong with love of country.
Where did I say liberals were never patriotic? There are plenty of very patriotic liberals.

Didn't mention sexuality either. There are plenty of gay conservatives. I'm sorry your friend lost his life.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,897 Posts
Where did I say liberals were never patriotic? There are plenty of very patriotic liberals.
I targeted the statement that conservatives "tend to" be more "patriotic" than liberals, since there's absolutely no way to measure patriotism in a quantifiable fashion, let alone across the ideological spectrum occupied by 320 million people. If you can provide facts and evidence to support that argument, I'll listen, but I avoid such gross, unsupportable generalizations.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
I noticed this recently, why does he have the USA flag on his attire, he’s a heel and doesn’t have a patriotic gimmick.

Admittedly I stop watching WWE for a few years, so I might have missed out on something. Is there any specific reason behind his choice of having to he USA flag on the back of tights?
As to the flag on the tights(exactly how you saw it). He wore that at Super Showdown PPV in Saudi Arabia. That's when I noticed it. It stood out. Probably worn it before though, but I don't remember. He's has been off WWE TV for awhile.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts