Wrestling Forum banner

Why does Brock get a pass for being a part time champ but Rock was hated?

8K views 114 replies 77 participants last post by  Irish Dude 
#1 ·
All of you hated Rock when he won the WWE title and if I remember correctly it was because he was "PART TIME WWE CHAMPION" not anything else.

Now it's the same thing for Brock yet everybody is praising him and have no problem with it.

P.S. I'm not against Brock being champ at all, I like both brock and rock.

#9 ·
People weren't so much angry that he beat Punk, but angry that "dedicated baby-face, The Rock" was barely on TV while holding the title. It didn't fit with his gimmick at all and made him look massively contradictory. Brock on the other makes part-time work by virtue of his gimmick.

#14 ·
I think the only difference as mentioned was the execution of the storyline. People were open to Rock winning the belt, it popped huge when he first announced it in the smarky raw post wm crowd. But he won it against the worst person to win against, and lost it to the worst person to lose it to. Punk was the over guy out of those 3, and whatever happened before or since he should've left mania 29 as the champ closing the show

#15 ·
I dont think anyone would of bitched even if Brock took it of punk well except punk marks i like the rock and Brock but Brock backs it up in the ring lets face it The rock is not the same wrestler he was meanwhile Brock is a freak and no one would have the balls to say it wasnt believable i wish Brock would of Destroyed punk so that baby would take his panties and split sooner and bitch and moan to his marks and him being part time also goes with his character also hard to hate Brock really except if you a cena fan ofcourse

#17 ·
Maybe it's something to do with the fact Rock always says things like he's going to be appearing on this Raw and that Raw etc... then it changes where as Brock never does anything like that so they know where they stand with Brock.

Also Rock talks about how he loves the business (which I believe he does) but then says the money has to be right later down the line for him to be back, which may or may not be the case with Brock but he doesn't say anything about it.

Personally, I have no problem with either of them being there or not to be honest, they're there as much as they can be, specially Rock because he has such a high demanding schedule outside of the WWE also ... but fair play to Rock because when he does do a WWE run, he puts his movie career on hold for a while to dedicate to this so I think he should be cut some slack if I'm honest.

But maybe this is what it's a case of, I dunno.

#22 ·
Maybe it's something to do with the fact Rock always says things like he's going to be appearing on this Raw and that Raw etc... then it changes where as Brock never does anything like that so they know where they stand with Brock.
So? It's not his fault, Rock showed up on every RAW from Elimination Chamber to WM28 for his match with Cena and I'd bet he would've done the same on the road to WM29 but the release of his GI Joe movie got delayed from summer 12 to early 13 so he had to miss a bunch of RAWs because he was under contract.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/23/entertainment/la-et-ct-paramount-gi-joe-20120523

Also Rock talks about how he loves the business (which I believe he does) but then says the money has to be right later down the line for him to be back, which may or may not be the case with Brock but he doesn't say anything about it.
So? Austin and Goldberg say the same thing. He just wants his worth, if he was going to risk chances of him getting injured and wasting a certain movie role where he'd get millions of dollars, he wants to get the same pay from WWE.

#18 ·
Because Brock Lesnar beat John Cena in contrast to The Rock beating (then) IWC favourite CM Punk.

#19 ·
I'm not too sure tbh, it doesn't really make any sense to me. Brock doesn't care for the business in anyway shape or form. He had nothing going on at the time WWE offered him 5m a year to come back so wasn't going out his way. The Rock's movie career had FINAAAALLY taken off and yet he still decided that he WANTED to come back after all his time away.

It's not like people still resented him for leaving because the pops he was getting at the start were spine tingling.

Most of the hate, as far as i see it, stems from WM29 when Cena beat him. People were slating the match, questioning the legitimacy of his injuries and what exactly happened.

I do like Brock and don't have any issues with him, infact we're lucky we have him around just now with all the big name talent that has either left or been injured recently but The Rock will always be the GOAT in my eyes.

#20 ·
I don´t give Brock a pass. I didn´t like the Rock as champ via satellite, and i sure don´t like Brock being champ by proxy.
Not because they´re part timers, but because any buildup gets boring and predictable when you know there´s not gonna be any physicality. It´s all the same. A cuts a promo one week, by satellite or manager, and B responds "next week".
If I had to choose, I would perhaps say that the Rock via satellite is better than Brock via manager. The Rock could be fun, and it was HIM. While Heyman could be talking about just about any wrestler

#21 ·
I think because The Rock made it very predictable. At least with Lesnar there's a good chance he'll defend the belt multiple times a year, The Rock could only hold it for a matter of weeks.

#23 ·
You could also ask:

Why does the IWC hate John Cena?

Why does the IWC hate squash matches & burials & Money Being Stolen with a Squash match as a Main Event yet have no problem with John Cena being buried in a squash match at Summerslam?

Why does the IWC want heels to overcome babyfaces?

Because most of the IWC loves to do two things, bandwagon & attempt to look cool with the internet(which is pathetic, should have a mind of their own), and complain.

Rock at least appear on Raw when he was champion.

#24 ·
what's wrong with you man?

the rock haters are still here.. and the lesnar fans are still here too. Some love the rock, some hate him. Some love lesnar, some hate him. Not 'everybody' is praising lesnar lol. you just choose to pay attention to those fans. How about uou start paying attention to those that don't like him and then you'll be able to retract your comment

#31 ·
Since Brock's return he's worked more than The Rock, put on better matches than the Rock, shown up in better shape than The Rock, worked with more diverse guys than The Rock.

Rock showed up and worked one feud with Cena, with everything else (including the Punk title match) being all about getting to those matches. And both of those matches sucked out loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.