Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand he's a legend and can make appearances any time he wants, but honestly it can be a bit sad seeing the shape he's been in. I know he can't wrestle anymore because of his stroke years ago, but he also can't seem to cut a decent promo anymore, and he barely gets any reaction unless WWE's in Canada. Guys like Foley/HBK/Booker T can still cut promos and wrestle and sometimes can make a feud better.

It was great seeing Bret return in 2010, shake hands with Shawn Michaels, but honestly who would've though he would've stayed after his match with Vince at Wrestlemania 26? Bret's a legend, there's no doubt about it, but honestly I think he should make limited appearances.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Bret Hart just loves the WWE, hell he even said that he regrets leaving the company for WCW. His niece being there probably another reason he appears a lot and also he is under a Legends Contract.

·
Doing it for the Rock
530 Posts
I understand he's a legend and can make appearances any time he wants, but honestly it can be a bit sad seeing the shape he's been in. I know he can't wrestle anymore because of his stroke years ago, but he also can't seem to cut a decent promo anymore, and he barely gets any reaction unless WWE's in Canada. Guys like Foley/HBK/Booker T can still cut promos and wrestle and sometimes can make a feud better.

It was great seeing Bret return in 2010, shake hands with Shawn Michaels, but honestly who would've though he would've stayed after his match with Vince at Wrestlemania 26? Bret's a legend, there's no doubt about it, but honestly I think he should make limited appearances.
Who says Hart could ever really cut a promo? He's always been this bland. Take away the only semi-entertaining part about him, his wrestling skills, and he's well and truly screwed.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
How is this even a question?

Not everything in the WWE is, or should be about "pops". He's had a storied career, was their top ambassador and him and his family did a lot for the WWE. He deserves to be there even if the crowd can't or won't remember / acknowledge him. Some things are done in order to simply say "Hey, we appreciate you for all you did for us. Thank you."

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
You answered the question yourself, he's carved such a highly successful career and done a lot for the business, he has the right to return or be a part of things as much as he wants to do.

And about the pops, did you not watch The Survivor Series? ... He got the BIGGEST pop there, between him, Foley, Booker etc.. on the panel ... also trended on Twitter straight away over any of them.

Not that that even matters, but still ... he did, so he does get big pops, not sure where you're getting it from that he doesn't.

Honestly, I don't think you, or anyone has the right to say Bret should only make limited appearances.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,505 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,608 Posts
A contract will do that every time. :)

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Why shouldn't he. Hes one of the best in ring workers in the history of WWE and arguably the best champion also why shouldn't he come back. I'd rather them use Bret and Shawn than have them pull out Slaughter, Duggan and Patterson like they were a few years back.

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,738 Posts
'CAUSE HE CAN DO THAT.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Silly question, Bret Hart can pretty much return when he wants, the guy has a massive fan base and is pretty much regarded as a hero in Canada. As for his mic skills, he's not Roddy Piper on the mic, but the guy could definitely work the crowd when he wanted to. I don't think some of the new fans really realize how huge this guy was in his prime.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts