Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that is stupid that aries has to drop the x division title in order to fight for the world title, that stip doesnt make sense. they could of just had aries vs roode-x division vs world champ special attraction match. aries could of been been in the bfg series as well(btw, fuckin joke that robbie e is in there)

so 1 of 2 things will happen.

1. either zema ion, kid kash, or mark haskins will be x division champ now. yea think about that for a second.

2. or tna get rid of the title which would piss a lot of people off.

unless they overhaul the x division and bring in 5-8 guys by ppv time, there are only 3 guys that i mentioned that could win the title now that sabin seems to be hurt again too.

i want aries in the main event as much as most people, but theres no reason for him to just drop the x division title. they could of brought in an el generico or joey ryan and built them up for the title.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Its simple really. He's dominated the division and the reaction he's getting and matches he's put on get him up to main event status. By having him drop the title he keeps his momentum going. We get a new X-Division champion and he gets promoted and in doing so it also shows that the X-Division is an important belt to hold because its that next step to stardom he you handle it right. Which Aries did. This is win/win.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's fine, he will lose to Roode at destination x in extremely close match and then win the TV title since the mainevet is all about Roode/Storm

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Hogan needs 2 divisions, he can't allow one to die. He is being a proper manager. It's not like WWE were they both ME titles represents 2 diff divisions.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its simple really. He's dominated the division and the reaction he's getting and matches he's put on get him up to main event status. By having him drop the title he keeps his momentum going. We get a new X-Division champion and he gets promoted and in doing so it also shows that the X-Division is an important belt to hold because its that next step to stardom he you handle it right. Which Aries did. This is win/win.
yes aries dominated the division, but he didnt get alot of competition, if tna had a good x division, they could of had aries long reign at least be ended by an up coming x division wrestler while he moved up the card.

and a problem is that whos gonna be the next x division champion? nobody good.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I've said this already but:

The X-division's been on life support for too long, it's time too pull the plug.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I thought it was, if he wins..he loses the title? im totally confused on this
He has to make the choice to put his title on the line PERIOD, at least I think. So if he loses, he loses the title, but not to Roode? The fuck? :confused: as well. lol

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I thought it was, if he wins..he loses the title? im totally confused on this

He has to make the choice to put his title on the line PERIOD, at least I think. So if he loses, he loses the title, but not to Roode? The fuck? :confused: as well. lol
He can't hold both championships, so to challenge for the World Title he has to give up the X-Division title.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
said this already but:

The X-division's been on life support for to long, it's time too pull the plug.
We dont want to see zema ion vs crimson in the main event. No thank you! Just bring in some new guys: morrison, Bucks, Joey Ryan, and a couple of gut check guys.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
We dont want to see zema ion vs crimson in the main event. No thank you! Just bring in some new guys: morrison, Bucks, Joey Ryan, and a couple of gut check guys.
Of course guys like Zema Ion aren't gonna main event, unify the TV & X-Division titles and merge both divisions.

They failed massively the last time they brought in a bunch of new guys.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
He can't hold both championships, so to challenge for the World Title he has to give up the X-Division title.
Ok the whole "you lose all" threw me off for a sec, I see it now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's simple. If you want to be the best, you have to be willing to give up everything in order to attain that. Do you want to be the World Heavyweight Champion so badly that you're willing to sacrifice the X-Division Title? Do you have enough confidence in your skills and abilities to put it all on the line, for this 1 chance at greatness?

I think the ultimatum is great.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Also, I don't think it's a matter of "putting the X-Division to rest" or any of that nonsense.

My guess is that Aries obviously accepts the offer, and vacates the title. At Destination X they have a large X-Division tournament throughout the night that will eventually result in a new, deserving champion being crowned on the PPV.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, I don't think it's a matter of "putting the X-Division to rest" or any of that nonsense.

My guess is that Aries obviously accepts the offer, and vacates the title. At Destination X they have a large X-Division tournament throughout the night that will eventually result in a new, deserving champion being crowned on the PPV.
problem is that there isnt any1 deserving, at least not imo.

there x division is ion, kash, and haskins. mybe throw alex silva in there and maybe joey ryan if he is running an angle, thats it. kash is the best of the bunch, but is he deserving of the x title? ion is average, haskins hasnt been seen in months, kash wasnt seen for months til sunday, and alex silva was horrible in his match.

only hope they have is to sign 4 guys and have a tournament.
petey williams
el generico
john morrison
kenny omega

but that wont happen.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i love the X division, why i started watching TNA in the first place (it sure wasn't bc of Jarret) but AA is too good to not bring up to ME. Great idea that he has to vacate the title before he even gets to try @ the world title and hopefully they can use that a bit in promos leading up Roode taunting him he threw his title way, ect and AA saying hes gunning for that world title belt and stopping his streak as longest champ with the belt. Have AA get a non title win after he calls Roode out for fight night and next week Roode interferes causing him a loss leading into Sunday to flesh out their rivalry. Have them battle 2 PPVs or so then throw Storm in the mix. Triple dance and have Storm go heel to get Roode the title he couldn't win back (a huge swerve we dont get enough of). Beer Money reunion tour v angle/AJ, fire brooke hogan, profit

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hopefully he doesn't loses the title that way. It will some what ruin his fantasic run as X-Division Champion. If he does drop it i prefer for him to lose it cleanly to maybe Zema Ion, who by the way has gotten a whole lot better since he started working with Austin Aries on the house shows. But this just show you how important TNA is trying to make the TNA World Heavyweight Title, By making Austin Aries give up the X-Division Title just to get a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Title, their pretty much saying that when need be guys will give up something they have trained and worked real hard for and constantly defended, just to get an opportunity at the TNA World Heavyweight Title

·
Registered
452 Posts
John Morrison has enough star power to keep the X Division title alive until they find someone who has both star potential and world class wrestling ability.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts