Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Because I'm a fuckin' idiot.
Probably the answer for most of the needy on this forum, particularly the ones who watch 6-10 hours of WWE programming a week and spend 3-5 days a week online bitching about it like the show is going to change to only cater to their fickle tantrums every second.

·
IRAN #1
2,420 Posts
I stopped watching WWE last year, and recently got back into wrestling with AEW. I don't even follow the product at all anymore.

I'm going to read this thread and see some of the reasons why people continue to watch this garbage. I've been curious for a long time.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I catch most of the ppvs and never felt disappointed

Log out, do it again next month.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree with the original poster to the utmost degree. The WWE is just way too PG-rated, too contrived, too boring, and too unoriginal, to say the least. I just watch it because it's something to watch as I relax and unwind after a long day of work. And there are some aspects that are entertaining. R Truth (and his 24/7 title) is an exception to the rule. He's entertaining, funny, and not contrived. But lots of times I do turn it off for the reasons I listed above.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I've mostly given up altogether. I still read general recaps "just because"... but most of the time I hang around the ratings threads. I find I'm much more interested in the business aspect of the company now than the actual product they are putting out. The shows are simply depressing at worst and dreadful at best. The storylines range from dull to exasperating. The crowds are bad nearly 80% of the time now--one wonders why they even go to these shows because clearly they aren't being entertained. The match layouts are always formulaic, stale, and repetitive despite having some of the better in-ring talents in the world on the roster. The performers know they are doing shit most of the time but have to pretend like it's the best.

It's sad to watch.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Becky is the main reason I watch. I always like seeing people from our country excel on the world stage.

Other stories can peak my interest but when she leaves, that's probably when I will to (unless my kids become interested).

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,265 Posts
I think they've got a super-talented roster that puts out some quality action and I enjoy the undercard stuff. The main event men's scene has been the pits with me for years now, I just shake my head and laugh at what they are doing with their main event men, but the other stuff I like. I also like what they've done with their women's wrestling in the past few years as well, I find that interesting. I know the tag teaming is treated as an afterthought, but I like what they have, OTISMANIA will run wild one of these days, brother.

I'm getting to the point where I'm having a harder and harder time putting up with the terrible shit they are doing with the Universal Championship and WWE championship, though.

I've always had a hard time getting into other promotions that are not WWE, but I've been really into MLW lately and watching the AEW stuff and WWE had better get it together, or more people like me are going to be in that boat, people with Nielsen boxes and that always see the WWE when its around but might pull the plug on them for other promotions to get their itch scratched or just not watch it anymore at all.

Edit: For how crummy their television shows can be, the video packages are always on point and can sell me when I watch them, and by and large...their PPV events are pretty damn good!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I stopped bro they killed becky they killed seth nothing make sense and to get a title opportunity now you need to lose a match

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
I don’t and won’t even consider doing so until they string together at least a eight month’s worth of consistent quality booking... so probably not for a LONG while.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm genuinely curious? I just can't watch it anymore, it's too hokey, it's just too dumb. I can't turn my brain off to their bullshit, I am too smart for this company, and I'm not even fucking smart. I literally cannot watch it, but reading about all this 2/3 falls shit on Raw makes me tear my hair out. People standing on the apron during an EXTREME RULES match while their partner takes an ass kicking, the elimination rule with Seth/Becky and Andrade/Zelina, what if Andrade would've beaten Seth? Would it be Andrade vs. Becky? Oh, they don't you to think about that, because they think you are a retard. How can you watch this without feeling genuinely insulted that they value your intelligence so lowly? They dedicated an entire week to the "superstar shake-up" it was hyped heavily, yet Samoa Joe, Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross, 2 of whom were literally just fucking drafted to SmackDown in the aforementioned heavily hyped superstar shake-up, are wrestling for the SmackDown world title!! :lol

Not looking for thread of "I don't watch it" if you don't then ignore the thread, I want people who watch the show every week to tell me why. I'm not chastising you, I envy you, HOW can you watch this? How can you sit through this Shane McMahon, Baron Corbin, Lacey Evans, 'Secky', shit every week, do you not think to yourself when you're watching it "GOD this shit is lame"? I just don't know how anybody in the world could admit to being a WWE fan in public these days, not even just adults, kids too. It's the most uncool thing in the world.

The worst thing about it too, they have a fucking amazingly talented roster, who they misuse to push the likes of Shane McMahon and Baron fucking Corbin in main events. Who wants to see Asuka when we can get Lacey Evans am I right, pal?!

Oh and Brock is The Strawberry Shortcake champion again.

:heston

Seeing legit fucking beast Brock Lesnar hold a bright red toy with a giant W on the front gets me every time. The former UFC World Heavyweight Champion having to hold that trash, god I know they pay him well but he must fucking cringe when he has to hold that thing.

It gets dumber and lamer every single week. Anyway, what are you getting out of it? I refuse to believe there is ANYBODY in the world who watches all 3 hours of Raw and 2 hours of SD live every week.
I hate to say this but WWE fans have a sheep mentality. They arent fans for ebtertainment they are marks for companies and the WWE.

They dont care how shitty the product is, they watch it because the WWE is the biggest product out there. A lot of wrestling fans are like that but WWE fans are ghe most consistent. No matter how bad it is, they will continue watching.

The production values are another reason people continue to warch even though i feel they way overdue everything.

The thing that gets me is that sone of these fans have the nerve to shit on other smaller products when they are doing more entertaining shows without even half the budget.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I’m probably done after SummerSlam. It’s my usual cycle, there is normally nothing that compelling to keep me engaged when college starts up again. But idk for some reason I’ve gotten really into it again.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,865 Posts
Like others have said, Youtube is a godsend. I go through and watch whatever Becky is involved in and that's pretty much it. I don't even read results anymore, I just rely on these forums to know what's going on. If I see the fandom raving over a good match like Aleister Black's match last night for example, then I'll check it out.

·
Registered
716 Posts
77 posts, and not one Sasha fan awaiting her return? Well that's me. I am waiting by the tube hoping the boss will come back. And why am I reading all 8 pages of this? I'm genuinely curious as well.

I also like the sideshow stuff from Truth and Carmella. I used to really enjoy the women's stuff, but not so much anymore. Like tonight for example, why have Naomi, Natty, Carmella, and Alexa in that match. Didn't Alexa fail to win a title match just last night? Now she's right back in the hunt? Carmella is doing great with Truth. And come on, Naomi and Natty? Please.

Still love the girls jumping around doing aggressive and peppy and cute things. Bayley, Becky, Vega, Mella, Bliss, Ember, Sasha, Liv, That chick with all the tats and buzzed hair. Beyond that, I'm just waiting for something great that never comes. I just can't seem to give up.

The odd predicament is that there's clearly no pleasing everyone. There are stars with big followings here that I just don't understand. But I'm sure there are plenty that don't understand my favorites either.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I've mostly given up altogether. I still read general recaps "just because"...

Pretty much where my radar is with current WWE. Majority of it is unwatchable. It saddens me because I honestly was perhaps the biggest WWF fan in school and in college. I NEVER gave up on the WWE even when Nitro was kicking its ass. I really believed in the stars then that they could turn it around.

I have absolutely ZERO confidence in this roster or creative to get things back to the prominence it had in their peaks in the 80's and 90's.

What I don't get is that even some legends say they can't stomach this crap and Vince and company STILL just churn out this boring dreck. I really can't believe I was much more interested in 1995 than current WWE. That is pretty awful.

I may have stopped caring long time ago, but guys like Cena were actually entertaining me for the wrong reasons lol(those mixed reaction crowds were hilarious). However, that bad that it is good has gone out the window now. They tried to do the same trick with Roman a few years back and it just made the product a chore.

There is brilliance here and there at times like Bryan and Punk, but I'm being completely honest. If the last 10-15 years was my first introduction to wrestling I probably would not have been a fan for too long. I can't believe this is the same company that made stars like Rock and Austin and never mind the guys who pioneered all of this stuff like Hogan, Andre, Piper, and Savage. The thing is like night and day the entertainment factor.

It feels so orchestrated and forced now as some have said. Great job, Vince! I actually like the forums because it keeps my fandom alive somewhat to at least have some reason to tune in at random times.

The forum threads are more entertaining to me than the current product. The classic section is where I am because it actually reminds me why I became a fan to begin with.

Also, in the Attitude Era especially in 1997 and 1998, the WWE actually allowed you to suggest ideas and they would use them. I know some won't believe, but I actually had some of my ideas used. Today, they are WAY TOO CORPORATE to allow any fans on here to do write in suggestions. Maybe THAT may have kept me more interested in the main product as it did help my fandom when majority of people thought the WWF was dead in the water.

I always said, I truly want to know what the Vince Mcmahon and the WWF of 1987-88 and 97-88 would say about WWE of 2019. I really believe Vince would shake his head at all this nonsense they are trying to sell people.

·
Banned
1,315 Posts
There's honestly nothing else on TV to watch during the summer month's. What am I gonna watch Love Island on CBS or The Bachlorette on ABC. I'll have more options in the Fall when my show's and the NFL come back.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts