Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm genuinely curious? I just can't watch it anymore, it's too hokey, it's just too dumb. I can't turn my brain off to their bullshit, I am too smart for this company, and I'm not even fucking smart. I literally cannot watch it, but reading about all this 2/3 falls shit on Raw makes me tear my hair out. People standing on the apron during an EXTREME RULES match while their partner takes an ass kicking, the elimination rule with Seth/Becky and Andrade/Zelina, what if Andrade would've beaten Seth? Would it be Andrade vs. Becky? Oh, they don't you to think about that, because they think you are a retard. How can you watch this without feeling genuinely insulted that they value your intelligence so lowly? They dedicated an entire week to the "superstar shake-up" it was hyped heavily, yet Samoa Joe, Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross, 2 of whom were literally just fucking drafted to SmackDown in the aforementioned heavily hyped superstar shake-up, are wrestling for the SmackDown world title!! :lol

Not looking for thread of "I don't watch it" if you don't then ignore the thread, I want people who watch the show every week to tell me why. I'm not chastising you, I envy you, HOW can you watch this? How can you sit through this Shane McMahon, Baron Corbin, Lacey Evans, 'Secky', shit every week, do you not think to yourself when you're watching it "GOD this shit is lame"? I just don't know how anybody in the world could admit to being a WWE fan in public these days, not even just adults, kids too. It's the most uncool thing in the world.

The worst thing about it too, they have a fucking amazingly talented roster, who they misuse to push the likes of Shane McMahon and Baron fucking Corbin in main events. Who wants to see Asuka when we can get Lacey Evans am I right, pal?!

Oh and Brock is The Strawberry Shortcake champion again.

:heston

Seeing legit fucking beast Brock Lesnar hold a bright red toy with a giant W on the front gets me every time. The former UFC World Heavyweight Champion having to hold that trash, god I know they pay him well but he must fucking cringe when he has to hold that thing.

It gets dumber and lamer every single week. Anyway, what are you getting out of it? I refuse to believe there is ANYBODY in the world who watches all 3 hours of Raw and 2 hours of SD live every week.

·
Super Moderator
19,331 Posts
I watch it simply because I'm a wrestling fan and that is what is available to me right now.

I used to watch every single minute of every single episode when I was growing up. I absolutely LOVED the product. Now I'm mostly just disappointed with it and I watch about half of each show depending on what else is on TV on Monday/Tuesday nights.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I watch it simply because I'm a wrestling fan and that is what is available to me right now.

I used to watch every single minute of every single episode when I was growing up. I absolutely LOVED the product. Now I'm mostly just disappointed with it and I watch about half of each show depending on what else is on TV on Monday/Tuesday nights.
Fair enough. Thanks for the honest answer. I was watching out of habit essentially for a while.

Same man, I absolutely LOVED WWF/WWE as a kid, and I'll still go back to watch old stuff on occasion too. Seeing what it has become is just sad.

I watch it for the incredible writing and acting. Did I mention that I'm clinically insane.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
I watch clips on YouTube mostly out of habitit and it is getting less and less. Extreme rules overall sounds good but with other great wrestling out there I probably won't watch it for a while.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Cause when it's good it's good. Like the no holds barred tonight was decent,it had no right to be but it was decent. The lms was a fun hoss battle and I hate lmses. The sight of strowman disappearing in to the void needs to be giffed. I also hate 3 way tags but the one at ER was fantastic and everyone looked great. Cesaro vs black was good physical fun.

But then you have the terrible. Aj vs ricochet part 3 was absolutely garbage because it had way too much interference it was like Suzuki gun at its worst, the raw tag title was a heatless boring rematch. The smack women's sucked, Kofi Joe was basically a house show match, the main event was trash besides one spot.

And the biggest problem was Brock winning. Not necessarily because he won cause he ended a nothing reign but because it's back to the start again like nothing was learned.

So short answer when it's good it's good.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
The NXT brands. Simply put they are (currently) more in tune with modern wrestling culture. Simple format, clear in ring storytelling, great technique and crowd interaction.

The rest of WWE is for anti-smark, Honey Boo Boo types living in the 90's.

·
Intoner
6,506 Posts
I still think it's better than SUPERSHOW era.

Although wild card is kinda getting us back there.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I watch highlights on YouTube. I have no interest in watching 9 hours a week plus 4 hours of a PPV.
I was doing that myself for a while but I can't even do that anymore. The only interesting thing on the show was the Wyatt stuff, which has disappeared for now.

I just can't wrap my head around the stupidity of this company.

Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch vs. Andrade & Zelina Vega in an Elimination match where men and women cannot fight

Becky eliminates Zelina, so it's a handicap match, yet what happens if Andrade eliminates Seth? Did they explain this? The men and women can't fight eachother, yet they are the 2 sole members of their team, what happens? Is it a draw? Did they bother explaining this?

Seriously, anybody who watched that particular show, tell me, did they explain to the viewer what was going to happen if Andrade had beaten Seth with Becky still on the apron? I pretty much already know the answer, but it'd be nice to have some confirmation.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I watch it with half an eye so I don't miss it when something genuinely exciting happens. Granted that hasn't happened in a while, but completely tuning out of wrestling has made me miss a couple of gems in the past like Styles vs Cena at RR 2017, don't want that to happen again.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,052 Posts
Here's the big question; does anyone still actually really watch WWE?

Most of us just seem to watch a few clips here and there, but does anyone still watch at least most of SDL, Raw, PPV's every week? Like I just watch the occasional Miz, Corbin, Brock or Mandy segment, but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Here's the big question; does anyone still actually really watch WWE?

Most of us just seem to watch a few clips here and there, but does anyone still watch at least most of SDL, Raw, PPV's every week? Like I just watch the occasional Miz, Corbin, Brock or Mandy segment, but thats about it.
The live threads are active, but not nearly as much as they were a few years ago, so some people still do. It's just a massive waste of time though. Even if you're a huge pro wrestling fan I can't see the appeal in sitting through hours of this poor product every week.

I watch the RAW/Smackdown highlights on YouTube - and if there is a PPV on I may catch a match or two (for example for Extreme Rules I watched two matches on the show and skipped through all the others).

For me it is more enjoyable to only watch the segments/matches I'm interested in and skip through all the crap and filler. I don't waste my time and on average I'm only dedicating about 20 minutes weekly to WWE.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Cos I still want to support my favourites, I don't want to abandon them. Plus, I enjoy watching it with my Mum and also chatting about it with you guys on here too, it makes it more entertaining.

BTW I watch the entirety of Raw, SD and the PPVs but I'm always surfing the internet while I do.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts