Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand he can back up his words in the ring because he really was a talented performer, but why the attitude? why be such a dick to everyone? He acted just like Enzo does now back then. He was the 1990's Enzo Amore. He didn't have to act that way. Also, even after he became a born again christian, when he faced Hogan he was still a gigantic dick during their match. I just don't understand why he acted that way. Do any of his marks know the answer?

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
Lol some people are just naturally assholes, it's not some deep mystery.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
The dude really thought he was the best and wanted to stick it to EVERYBODY. I'd say being referred to as "too small to main event" for the early part of his career probably made the chip on Shawn's shoulder even bigger when he got to the top. Plus, the stress of being the top guy on the #2 company that was getting it's ass kicked by the enemy may have added to it.

Oh, and perhaps drugs :hbk1

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
cuz it's fun

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
The 2 replies above answered your question. Although, Hogan deserved it really. What Shawn did was unprofessional, but Hogan wanted to screw over Shawn just to protect himself even at his age. So Shawn just went fuck it and screwed Hogan back. Was it unorofessional? Yes, but Hogan deserved it after what he tried to do and in the end it we got a memorable match out of it that we still talk about to this day, instead of the probable ordinary match these two would've had if Shawn were serious.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,365 Posts
It's because HBK is a natural born asshole who got away with his shit and was smart at the same time. :hbk1

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
1. his inherent personality
2. fame
3. droogs
4. DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGZ

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Well, you take a good looking dude that is an absolute natural at what he does and the praise from that is likely to develop a little arrogance in some. Sprinkle a boss thinks you're Gods gift and let's you do as you please, add a gang of big motherfuckers that are pretty much willing to stand as your shield while you treat people as you please, add a nice helping of drug addiction in there and I'd say you've created an environment that is quite conducive for asshole behavior to thrive.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
From what I heard about him, he thought he was God's gift to wrestling and women. That perception resulted in that piss poor attitude of his.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
An incredibly insecure person. He's even admitted to this day that he was an emotional trainwreck who couldn't handle things in an adult manner

He even talked shit to his own buddies all the time. They stuck by him because they thought deep down he was a good person, but just an incredibly unhappy.

I listened to a podcast not that long ago with him on JR's show. Was the most relaxed and natural I've ever heard Shawn Michaels be. Just said thats he's enjoying life and the time he spends with his family. It took a really long time for him to get there, but it seems the guy is finally at peace with himself

·
Registered
18,775 Posts
Shawn Michaels is my favorite wrestler of all time, but the dude was just a complete dick back then. Backstage politicking, backstage fights, being a druggie, drinking a lot of booze, being an asshole to wrestlers for no reason. I could go on and on, but that was just his persona and he was able to get away with it.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
Nature, alcohol and drugs.

by the time the Hogan match rolled around, I think he disliked the fact he had lose to a 50+ yo man who didnt have much of a future in the wwe. Its a shame because Hogan was the bigger name even then and was doing his best to put on a show.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
15,930 Posts
He didn't have any self control on handling his success. Drugs and drinking also contributed to him being a dickhead.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Because:

1) He's a sexy boy

2) He's not your boy toy

It's both a blessing and a curse. Is that so hard to understand?

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
some people are just wired like that, add to that, some people get complimented about something so much that they start believing it and then arrogance sets in because its no longer one opinion but a fact in their mind.

its like some beautiful women hear they are such so much it becomes "yea I know" rather than something nice to hear.

arrogance is unbecoming in most cases because it goes beyond being confident and becomes totally misplaced, shawn was very much in that latter category.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts