Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
That wouldn't happen. I'm saying Dean wins WM32, then we have the Shield TTM at WM33. :drose
Yeah, sure. Dean beats Roman 1-on-1 for the title and turns heel at 32, holds it for a year and drops it in the Shield Triple Threat at 33.

·
Registered
18,880 Posts

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Who do you have in mind?

Rocky, perhaps?
That's not bad, but that's another one to be saved. I was thinking Rusev, Sheamus, or Reigns helping the Usos vs New Day, in a feud without the tag titles on the line. I'd rather he do something that's higher priority, but not the main event. Maybe a different part timer.

OR, I will accept Reigns/Rock/Usos vs the Wyatts while Ambrose main events. I would seriously mark the freak out!:mark:

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
Seriously I guess maybe you see it that way, but um, no. You don't have to be a 90 pound midget to be a good seller. A good seller is someone who conveys realistic looking physical pain & that's something that most people agree that Reigns does extremely well.
He wasn't saying you had to be, but none the less he couldn't be more correct. I'll say Reigns is a decent seller. Decent. He tends get very repetitive with how he sells moves, which he needs a lot of work and improvement on.

Also, welcome to the world of brawling. It's not supposed to be some technical indyfest. Reigns is a brawler/powerhouse hybrid, so his moveset consists mainly of punches, clotheslines, kicks, & other more realistic looking fight maneuvers while employing a smaller variety of suplexes, slams, & powerbombs, along with a few other explosive or athletic moves for the crowds.
How does this have anything to do with what he's saying?

That's his style & he's finally gotten very good at it. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea, but the idea that he doesn't know what he's doing or needs to be led along is absolutely absurd.
He absolutely has not gotten very good at it. Watch any match that features Roman Reigns. Now watch the matches that have gotten positive reviews from most people. What are you noticing about these matches? There is an incredibly noticeable in how they are constructed. There's more emphasis on storytelling and Reign's role in the matches change dramatically. There's a reason for this, and it's not because he's good in the ring (which he's not). It's because he's taking part in a straight up carry job.

In other words, what he's saying isn't absurd at all. What he's saying is 100% correct.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
He wasn't saying you had to be, but none the less he couldn't be more correct. I'll say Reigns is a decent seller. Decent. He tends get very repetitive with how he sells moves, which he needs a lot of work and improvement on.

How does this have anything to do with what he's saying?

He absolutely has not gotten very good at it. Watch any match that features Roman Reigns. Now watch the matches that have gotten positive reviews from most people. What are you noticing about these matches? There is an incredibly noticeable in how they are constructed. There's more emphasis on storytelling and Reign's role in the matches change dramatically. There's a reason for this, and it's not because he's good in the ring (which he's not). It's because he's taking part in a straight up carry job.

In other words, what he's saying isn't absurd at all. What he's saying is 100% correct.
:eyeroll2
We aren't going back to this "carry job" shit. August 2014 called, they want their comment back.

Roman Reigns has had MULTIPLE highly praised matches. :eek:ut with the bullshit.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
:eyeroll2
We aren't going back to this "carry job" shit. August 2014 called, they want their comment back.

Roman Reigns has had MULTIPLE highly praised matches. :eek:ut with the bullshit.
This doesn't disprove what I said at all. In fact it just proves what he said before about you needing to go back and watch the matches again. If you really think Reigns was the main reason for those matches turning out the way they did, you're going to be very disappointed when you find that that wasn't the case. And telling me "he's had quality matches" doesn't prove he wasn't carried in them. There were some incredible matches in the history of pro wrestling that were complete carry jobs.

So please, point out to me why the matches aren't carry jobs, and compare them with his not so highly praised matches. And while you're at it, cut back a little on the gifs there. You seem to enjoy doing them, and while they're fun to do, they don't prove your point all that well, but I've quickly noticed that they're a nice defense mechanism for people here to hide behind when they're trying to desperately prove to others that they know what they're talking about.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
This doesn't disprove what I said at all. In fact it just proves what he said before about you needing to go back and watch the matches again. If you really think Reigns was the main reason for those matches turning out the way they did, you're going to be very disappointed when you find that that wasn't the case. And telling me "he's had quality matches" doesn't prove he wasn't carried in them. There were some incredible matches in the history of pro wrestling that were complete carry jobs.

So please, point out to me why the matches aren't carry jobs, and compare them with his not so highly praised matches. And while you're at it, cut back a little on the gifs there. You seem to enjoy doing them, and while they're fun to do, they don't prove your point all that well, but I've quickly noticed that they're a nice defense mechanism for people here to hide behind when they're trying to desperately prove to others that they know what they're talking about.
First of all, I'll use as many gifs as I want. I've found that most if not all the people with sticks up their asses about gif & simile usage take themselves WAYYY too seriously. It's a wrestling forum, not the presidential debate. They make me laugh & they convey more emotion than my words can sometimes express or than I feel like writing, so I will continue to use them at my own discretion.

Now, moving on. Bryan vs Reigns was a carry job, & it made no fucking difference because each guy did their part & it was awesome. Lesnar vs Reigns was NOT a carry job. When your opponent is making you look like a million bucks when they could be doing otherwise, that's not a carry job. Reigns knew exactly how much offense/defense to employ to make Brock look like a beast while keeping himself from looking like a geek. His storytelling/pyschology was off the charts in that match & that's why it was so good. Show vs Reigns was NOT a carry job. The two of them traded hits & bumps the whole match. Big Show has never been known as a great worker, & even less so in the past few years. He wrestles plenty of other guys but never even comes close to topping that match. That was an dual effort well done by both men.

And that's what all these matches, including the carry jobs are. DUAL EFFORT. They don't say "it takes two to Tango" for nothing. In every match, each person deserves credit, no matter how good or how bad, because it couldn't be done without either wrestler.

Being able to carry someone is not neccesary nor should it be. It makes zero sense to give people shit for not doing more than their share.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
With WWE relying so much on part-timers we will get this Triple Threat @ Wrestlemania 47.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
First of all, I'll use as many gifs as I want. I've found that most if not all the people with sticks up their asses about gif & simile usage take themselves WAYYY too seriously. It's a wrestling forum, not the presidential debate. They make me laugh & they convey more emotion than my words can sometimes express or than I feel like writing, so I will continue to use them at my own discretion.
Did you ever stop to think that maybe people are just annoyed by it?

Lesnar vs Reigns was NOT a carry job. When your opponent is making you look like a million bucks when they could be doing otherwise, that's not a carry job.
Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but I'm having a difficult time making any sense of this part. Can you clarify a little more please?

Reigns knew exactly how much offense/defense to employ to make Brock look like a beast while keeping himself from looking like a geek. His storytelling/pyschology was off the charts in that match & that's why it was so good.
Reigns was being hit with multiple moves that involved targeting his back, which he never once sold properly. Rather than act like his back was in any sort of pain, he instead pretended to be incredibly exhausted. He sold it like he was in a 30 minute battle. When the time came for Reigns to do moves, he hit three straight superman punches and two spears. That's it.

Lesnar on the other hand? He did an incredible job of selling the head injury he sustained. You actually felt like Reigns had an opening and was capable of winning. He controlled the flow of the entire match and worked it at his own pace. And when Reigns comeback started, Lesnar again controlled the flow of the match and sold the injuries he sustained in incredible fashion.

I don't know what world you are living in, but in the real world we're living in, that's a carry job. Reigns following the motions. And by the way, his storytelling was not "off the charts". There's horribly exaggerating and then there's...well, that.

Show vs Reigns was NOT a carry job.
People liked that match? The fuck?

The two of them traded hits & bumps the whole match. Big Show has never been known as a great worker, & even less so in the past few years. He wrestles plenty of other guys but never even comes close to topping that match. That was an dual effort well done by both men.
Literally nothing you just told me proves it wasn't a carry job. Learn what it means and try to understand the concept of storytelling please.

And that's what all these matches, including the carry jobs are. DUAL EFFORT. They don't say "it takes two to Tango" for nothing. In every match, each person deserves credit, no matter how good or how bad, because it couldn't be done without either wrestler.

Being able to carry someone is not neccesary nor should it be. It makes zero sense to give people shit for not doing more than their share.
It does make zero sense. But good thing that isn't what we're criticizing Reigns for.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Don't worry, they just need to damage all three guys hard enough so they mean the least, before they put them in a WM match.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
If the story is done right, the triple threat could be a great conclusion to The Shield break up. My issue is, it doesn't have to be at Wrestlemania. It could happen at another PPV, freeing up the biggest show for new stories, new feuds and something not so contrived. Just my opinion anyway.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts