Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is coming from a Rhodes fan, guys.

First of all, I like Rhodes. Problem is, I don't know why.

He's generic.

He's not really that great in the ring.

He has no charisma.

I see absolutely no reason to actually like the guy, but I do.

...Why?

e: Thought I was in the SmackDown! subforum. :s

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
You think you like him, but seeing that you wrote that he has no qualities that appeal to you, means you really don't.

Anyways I think Rhodes is a good mid-carder right now, he is pretty decent in the ring, and he is OK on the mic. He needs polishing on the mic though. He is young as well so he has time to improve.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Well, no, it doesn't. It means there's an underlying reason why I like him and I just can't really figure it out.
That's strange, seeing as you listed he is not really good in the ring, has no charisma, and is generic looking. If I though that about a superstar then I would not even say I like him. That's just me though.

Do you like his attires then?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I like him because I think he's pretty funny. Oh and his feud with big show right now it's going really over with me.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Saying he has no charisma is very harsh and frankly untrue, sure, he's not Ric Flair or anything close but he is one of the most charismatic guys on Smackdown (I know that is not saying much) people like Drew McIntyre and Tyson Kidd have no charisma, Rhodes is miles more charismatic than them.

Anyway, I like him because he cuts good promo's and has good matches when given time, dunno what else to say lol I just like him, never used to so he's obviously changed something that has made me notice him.

If he had no charisma he wouldn't have so many fans on here.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you like his attires then?
I like him because I think he's pretty funny. Oh and his feud with big show right now it's going really over with me.
Well, I like his attires and I lol'd pretty hard when he took out Khali a few weeks ago and celebrated it.

Certainly not enough reason for me to hope he eventually wins a world title though.

People like Rhodes and Ziggler because they have that IT factor that the nostalgia guys had.
I like Ziggler 'cause he's great. ;)

Anyway, I like him because he cuts good promo's and has good matches when given time, dunno what else to say lol I just like him, never used to so he's obviously changed something that has made me notice him.

If he had no charisma he wouldn't have so many fans on here.
I find his promos to be slow, bland and sometimes even boring, honestly.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I find his promos to be slow, bland and sometimes even boring, honestly.
Are you sure you actually like him lol? just cause most people on here do doesn't mean you have to. You certainly don't sound like a fan haha

He cuts boring promo's, has no charisma and is dull in the ring and you say you're a fan? man, I'd hate to see you write about a guy you don't like.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I like him because he improved a lot and came a long way.
He started growing on me after Legacy split up and when he debuted the Dashing gimmick and had a feud with Rey Mysterio;which in my opinion led to a great match at Wrestlemania 27.
I enjoy his promos,matches,and I find him entertaining.

I think it's also cool how people were saying that Ted Dibiase was gonna be more successful than Rhodes/something along those lines but that is completely untrue.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Troll. Obvious troll. Sorry, but the guy who asked the same question about The Great Khali was an 'obvious troll' so surely this guy is too.

I'm just kidding btw, I just find it a bit ridiculous!

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
^Check the post history:

I'm a Cody fan but really, just stop acting like he's gonna be world champ soon.

Cody rhodes is Midcard 4 life. Period. If he ever made it to the main events, I'll stop watching WWE for good.

Cody Rhodes definitely looks the most generic. Simple attire, simple body and simple hair lol.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/search.php?searchid=1181857

Seems legit.
He sounds like a HUGE Cody Rhodes fan alright :cody

·
Registered
822 Posts
I wasn't seriously calling him a troll- I just found it odd that a thread asking the EXACT same thing about Khali saw the poster being branded an obvious troll! There is never a dull moment on this forum!

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
Cody is one of the best workers in the WWE. I like him because he (like someone has mentioned) improved a lot, and proved the naysayers (myself included) wrong, and out shunned Ted. His ring skills are way above average, and his mic skills are great. His promos are sometimes a hit and miss, but he is getting better and better each week.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
This one's more believable and it was made first. The other, if people didn't know it was an obvious copy, was way too OTT.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Troll. Obvious troll. Sorry, but the guy who asked the same question about The Great Khali was an 'obvious troll' so surely this guy is too.

I'm just kidding btw, I just find it a bit ridiculous!
I was gonna say! :no:

Are you sure you actually like him lol? just cause most people on here do doesn't mean you have to. You certainly don't sound like a fan haha

He cuts boring promo's, has no charisma and is dull in the ring and you say you're a fan? man, I'd hate to see you write about a guy you don't like.
Yea, his promo's are boring. He's good in the ring, but not as good as people make him out to be. He works well and executes moves well, but doesn't really have a great set of moves imo.

Usually I go against the flow and lose interest in people when they get a huge following, but you may be right...

He sounds like a HUGE Cody Rhodes fan alright :cody
What, I say I can't explain why I like him and you have to debate the fact I do? There's enough people on these forums that hate people for no reason, question them instead.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Good presense.
Good Entrance.
Still Young.
Nice balance with high flying and standard moves.
Looks like a guy who is bulking up.
Good Character.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts