Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, i'm not trying to turn this thread into Punk-hate thread, i actually like CM Punk and love his work, but i'm just wondering if there are people who are not CM Punk fans because all i see in every Punk-related thread is Punk lovefest and most people here defend Punk no matter what he does, even though i'm not sure if some of them are not really fans and only jumping on the bandwagon, lol. Anyway, if you're not a fan of CM Punk, tell us why, just share your opinions here.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
CM Punk's fans are the worst part about CM Punk. Same goes for Daniel Bryan.

On a side note: You love making threads don't you? lol

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
CM Punk's fans are the worst part about CM Punk. Same goes for Daniel Bryan.

Thread's done, nothing to see here, move along people.

·
Fantasy
14,307 Posts
I one of the minority that doesnt like CM Punk. I didnt like him before he came to WWE and i still dont like him. Ill give him his due as far as mic skills or whatever but i dont know why theres such a lovefest for him..i just dont see the appeal. He's always come off as boring to me.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, right? Just trying to keep the section alive.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
I dislike Punk ever since his feud with Jeff Hardy ended. Sure his promos got better, but I kinda felt that his ring work went downhill since then. I enjoyed his matches since he was on ECW until his feud with Jeff. After that I kinda lost interest in him and he's been doing nothing memorable ever since, he is pretty much irrelevant to me. But he is still better than the majority of WWE's wrestlers so I'm not bothered by him.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Not to seem like a total blind mark but

Punk has wrestling perfected
He has every tool you need and all those tools are perfected

On any given night he can put on a ****+ match
Every promos he does is either going to draw mega heat or make you laugh your ass off (or both)

I couldn't give less of 2 fucks if someone likes Punk... but no one can deny that he's insanely skilled in all areas of the business.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I don't dislike CM Punk.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Well, I think SL is saying that he is a practiced superstar, not a natural. Some people are just naturally that way, others train to have it, others still train have and yet still fall short. Punk is in the middle category. As is HHH, Eric Young is in the third, whereas people like the rock and I'd say Raven even are in the first category. His fans say it themselves, he's a student of the game. A good student, but still a student. I think that's what he is saying.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Care to elaborate why to fully answer the question at hand?
When The Rock, Cena, Orton or even Kane is in the ring... you feel that main event presence.

CM Punk has the same presence than that of Tyler Reks if you know what I'm saying. Actually, can we even call it actual presence? I hardly notice that he's around usually.

·
Registered
661 Posts
When The Rock, Cena, Orton or even Kane is in the ring... you feel that main event presence.

CM Punk has the same presence than that of Tyler Reks if you know what I'm saying. Actually, can we even call it actual presence? I hardly notice that he's around usually.
You can't even begin to compare CM Punk's in-ring ability and presence to Tyler Reks.
Reks had a horrible run on ECW and showed up for a 2 minute match against Kaval.

CM Punk is a 3 time WHC and was great in the indys. I think a lot of people are starting to feel this way because he turned heel and started to job out to the likes of Big Show, Rey Mysterio, and Undertaker.

Before that he had great in-ring presence. Hopefully his move to RAW will get him some credibility.

Oh, and as for main event presence...Punk isn't a main eventer as of right now, he's the at the very top of the mid-card able to compete against anyone, kind of like where Jericho has been at since his trade from Smackdown.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
He can easily main event. Why not?

Don't say size because Randy Orton is built like a stick and he's in there. It's piss poor booking and "creative" geniuses behind the scenes that holds he, and many others, back.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
I don't like him because he just dosen't appeal to me. I don't like his character, I don't care for his promos and I just not that interested in him

1 - 20 of 34 Posts