Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am I supposed to respect someone for doing their job? It's not like they are in the military or anything. They are athletes training and doing their job such as any other athlete in any other sport. Yes I respect certain wrestlers because I think they are great. Then there are the shitty wrestlers like Roman Reigns and Cena whom I have zero respect or tolerance for. You can say they work hard, blah blah blah I don't care. Wrestlers aren't military soldiers or police officers or fire fighters. I don't have to respect what they do. I just turned heel Wrestling Forums. Bring on the you sold out chants..

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Most have families, and then they get told you can see them once every 6 weeks because of your work, they put their bodies on the line every night, plus they work 350 days a year, I respect them 100%

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most have families, and then they get told you can see them once every 6 weeks because of your work, they put their bodies on the line every night, plus they work 350 days a year, I respect them 100%
Yeah I don't care. They get paid good money to do it. Yeah sure they sacrifice a lot but they get a lot in return. Only wrestlers I respect are the ones that I like.

·
BRRRRRRRRAWK LESNAR!
2,520 Posts
OP it's up to each individual to decide if they give extra respect to certain professions. For myself I normally treat everyone on a level playing field and give individuals equal respect as people (without much thought to their profession).

Not sure where you are getting that WWE wrestlers demand respect? :shrug

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
They do serious damage to their physical well being for money that you could make selling used cars.

I have a list of wrestlers that I don't think are very good but I respect them.

·
Unpaid Idiot
838 Posts
I respect professional wrestlers because at any given moment they could get seriously injured or worse, die (which is exactly what happened to Pedro Aguayo Ramirez recently). Any career where at any moment you could have something happen that could dramatically change your life, deserves respect.

I'm also a Formula 1 fan, and they also risk serious injury or death, and as such get my automatic respect. They don't need to do anything special to earn it. I look at these things with the opinion "Would I or could I do that?" and if the answer is no, then they have my respect.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
What have they done for you not to respect certain individuals? Thought you should be respectful to everyone unless they're just a shithouse. I don't respect john cena more or less than your average joe on the street.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Not all wrestlers will get my respect and to be honest I doubt they care about my respect, all a guy needs to do to gain my respect is have one great match and to not act like a complete apologist, i.e. John Cena, people say I should respect him for the work he does outside the ring, no, I don't respect actors for the work they do outside of the film industry, but Cena has put on great matches with guys like CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan etc so I do respect him, Chris Jericho, the guy has had numerous great matches but with him being such a WWE apologist I'm losing all the respect I have for the guy, Santino Marella, don't respect him, don't think he's had a single good match.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
Since when wrestlers are demanding respect? Just for this reason alone I'll not respect any of them, you don't "demand" respect, you have to earn it.

I appreciate the fact that they work hard to entertain us, that's okay, but if there's something that pisses me off is forcing something.

You know who I really respect? I respect all those technician backstage who builds the Set up, the lights, the extra seats and so on...

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
You should respect what they do and what goes into doing what they do.

You don't need to respect them as talents.

Reactions: Alee Enn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why shouldn't I respect them? I respect them as much as everyone else, until they prove they're not worth that respect, or do something that makes me respect them even more. Easy as that.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Is it WWE wrestlers in particular, OP?. Or is it wrestlers in general?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Not all wrestlers will get my respect and to be honest I doubt they care about my respect, all a guy needs to do to gain my respect is have one great match and to not act like a complete apologist, i.e. John Cena, people say I should respect him for the work he does outside the ring, no, I don't respect actors for the work they do outside of the film industry, but Cena has put on great matches with guys like CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Daniel Bryan etc so I do respect him, Chris Jericho, the guy has had numerous great matches but with him being such a WWE apologist I'm losing all the respect I have for the guy, Santino Marella, don't respect him, don't think he's had a single good match.
Cena isn't a WWE apologist?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts