1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Well if they're squirming around it would make it hard to pin them

·
Registered
363 Posts
Finishers are supposed to be the strongest move and the most painful. Shouldn't wrestlers on the receiving end squirm in pain or be in a fetal position? Instead of taking a nice, relaxing nap. Really no movement at all. Not even a sign of pain.
open a wrestling school teach whatever it is you want to

It's like the finisher kayoed them. It sells the power of that particular finisher.
I didn't think it was so hard to comprehend

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Good point, Bret Hart on his back used to have his knees bent at a 45 degree angle and slowly tilt side to side. Looked like real pain

·
Registered
389 Posts
I get what you mean. For moves that focus on the head, sure... act totally knocked out. However, it's totally believable for someone who isn't knocked unconscious to be pinned if the move is debilitates some aspect of the victim's body. It's so dumb when a move like the AA or even the F-5 leaves the victim motionless and comatose. Sister Abigail? Brogue Kick? Sure.

·
Custom User Title
15,241 Posts
I agree to an extent (and depending on the finisher) but I don't really like "knocked out cold" selling much in general. I mean I guess I do like it but only because I feel it should be sort of a special thing and therefore occur less often. Idk the idea that every finisher just knocks you out rubs me the wrong way. It's easy to look past though, not like it bothers me every time I see it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's called selling? A finisher is suppose to be so devastating you can't move afterwards.
Even someone that jumps off a building and breaks limbs will still be moving however they can if not dead from the impact. How is being perfectly still like you are meditating called selling? it's the opposite of selling. Selling means making it look real right? Not fake!??

I agree to an extent (and depending on the finisher) but I don't really like "knocked out cold" selling much in general. I mean I guess I do like it but only because I feel it should be sort of a special thing and therefore occur less often. Idk the idea that every finisher just knocks you out rubs me the wrong way. It's easy to look past though, not like it bothers me every time I see it.
My friend likes to joke that wrestling viewers aren't intelligent. In a way I sort of agree, not afraid to admit. The fact that I watch shit completely devoid of logic and hurts a normal persons intelligence, makes me of lesser intelligence like all wrestling fans.

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Ok so let's say Lesnar F5's someone...and you want them to squirm around in pain or look like they're KO'ed? Let's say Goldberg spears someone and they are still moving in pain..Would HBK's SCM be as over as it is if every time he hits someone on the jaw they squirm around instead of being KO'ed and instantly falling on their back?

Get my point?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Wrestling, much like cartoons, has it's own unwritten laws of physics and logic.

In cartoons one can walk off a cliff and not fall, unless you look down.

In wrestling if one's opponent grab's someone's wrist and yanks it in the direction of ropes, that person has no choice to uncontrollably run to those ropes, bounce off of them and back toward their foe.

Don't even bother trying to find logic in either.

·
Premium Member
19,339 Posts
I get what you mean. For moves that focus on the head, sure... act totally knocked out. However, it's totally believable for someone who isn't knocked unconscious to be pinned if the move is debilitates some aspect of the victim's body. It's so dumb when a move like the AA or even the F-5 leaves the victim motionless and comatose. Sister Abigail? Brogue Kick? Sure.
I agree with this. If the finisher connects with your face or head I don't mind the "knocked out" selling. If the move involves say the back or whatever then at least sell the pain. I damn near broke my back last week *ended up with a broken rib and bruised lungs* and you better believe I sold that goddamn pain. I didn't lay there like I was knocked out.

Reactions: zrc

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Shane got legit KO'ed by Romans spear.

So its believable an AA and F-5 can KO anyone.

And yes this is a silly thread.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Really that's Fucking weird but I was thinking the same thing I also notice they eat when their hungry It's a huge mind FUCK.
I'm questioning everything I believe. Is Earth even the center of the universe? Are women not actually from Venus? Is Ethiopia even in Africa?

I'm like a lost and found but without the found.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts