Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Yeah I think the idea is to make it more difficult to kick out, so they have to use the upper body to do it rather than swiveling their hips. Not certain though tbh.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah I think the idea is to make it more difficult to kick out, so they have to use the upper body to do it rather than swiveling their hips. Not certain though tbh.
This

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,507 Posts
Makes the guy who is getting pinned look even stronger to kick out of a pin in which his leg is being hooked, rather than just kicking out of a lazy pin. Makes the guy getting pinned look stronger.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
Makes the guy who is getting pinned look even stronger to kick out of a pin in which his leg is being hooked, rather than just kicking out of a lazy pin. Makes the guy getting pinned look stronger.
Agreed. When somebody that isn't a super-heavyweight is just covering you, and you just lay there, you look very weak. When somebody hooks your leg, it looks a lot harder to kick out, makes you look stronger than if you just lay there while pinned.

·
Da Warthog!
3,275 Posts
Not only is it more difficult to kick out due to obvious reasons, it also costs more power to kick out. Same as why so many people try a pin after only a few moves, work the opponent, let him power himself out. Good commentators hype that up and explain it from time to time. (Regal for commentary)

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Not only is it more difficult to kick out due to obvious reasons, it also costs more power to kick out. Same as why so many people try a pin after only a few moves, work the opponent, let him power himself out. Good commentators hype that up and explain it from time to time. (Regal for commentary)

It feels good
Both Accurate.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
My wrestling coach yelled at my teammate for quitting in a match. He was on his back, trying not to let his shoulders touch the mat. Finally he stopped moving his legs and basically let himself get pinned. The coach said if you stop moving your legs when your on your back, it's obvious you gave up. And in my opinion, you use the most energy when you are on bottom.

Amateur wrestling and pro wrestling look drastically different, but you see the point. With a leg hooked, it's harder to force yourself from being pinned.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
This.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,507 Posts
Agreed. When somebody that isn't a super-heavyweight is just covering you, and you just lay there, you look very weak. When somebody hooks your leg, it looks a lot harder to kick out, makes you look stronger than if you just lay there while pinned.
Yep, this is exactly why.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts