Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,136 Posts
I didn't realise we had people who'd never watched wrestling before on this forum.

Matches typically take place between heroic "babyface" characters and villainous "heel" characters so the audience has someone to cheer on. While "babyfaces" occassionally face each other "heels" will almost never face each other because the audience will not be invested in either character.

Currently Brock Lesnar is a "heel" character and has a "heel" manager, he's very well suited to the role but he's not well suited to being a "babyface". Ricochet is a "babyface" while Rollins and Lashley are both "heels", which makes Ricochet the most appropriate opponent for Lesnar.
Doesn’t matter in 2020. People are gonna react regardless if they are entertained. Besides, It’s just a throwaway show in the desert.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Doesn’t matter in 2020. People are gonna react regardless if they are entertained. Besides, It’s just a throwaway show in the desert.
The only entertaining match for Lashley is getting his ass kicked by Rusev.

I don't see how they're throwaway by the way. The Undertaker/Goldberg, Brothers of Destruction/DX and Team Flair Vs. Team Hogan matches have been heavily promoted, the outcomes of Saudi matches have figured heavily in ongoing storylines, and two of the last three events there have seen universal title changes. It's not WrestleMania, Royal Rumble or SummerSlam, but it's as meaningful as any other PPV.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Lashley needs to he heated up before he faces someone like Lesnar. Lashley as good of a look he has is worse than Reigns on the mic, and simply put is not over enough to face Lesnar.

Lashley needs time, build him up before he fights Lesnar. Whether he wins or not is beside the point.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
The low blow in the rumble, the random calling out a few weeks before, King burying him the whole match. Don't know what to tell you if you didn't know Ricochet was winning that match

·
Registered
22,576 Posts
OK I don't get why people thought Lashley was winning that match last night.

Brock kicked Ricochet in the balls weeks ago. Ricochet kicked Brock in the balls at the Rumble which caused him to get eliminated. Ricochet was always going to be the guy because they've set it up that way weeks ago. Meanwhile Lashley has been in a neve ending feud with Rusev.

If they ever did the match, it would have to be when Lashley is far removed from this storyline and actually has some storyline reason to go after Brock or has built up enough credibility to do so.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Lashley part of the the angle that gives them more ratings so atm he being feed to Lesnar doesn't make sense.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,303 Posts
I'm convinced Brock himself doesn't want to do the match. It's pretty clear he prefers to face smaller guys that will bump hard for him.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Probably cause Bobby is the one legit guy that can realistically beat Brock and Vince doesnt want to break that illusion that Brock is near unbeatable.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,967 Posts
Whether you're a fan of Lashley, or Brock for that matter doesn't matter. Bobby has said the main reason he returned to WWE is face Brock. Its a match that makes sense, from the moment Lashley first turned up in WWE he's been compared to Brock, there's so many similarities, and parallels between them. And in this shitty era its about as close to a dream match as you can get; two jacked amateur wrestlers turned pro wrestlers turned MMA fighters, turned pro wrestlers going at it. Its so damn obvious, but the McMahons are so damn stupid.

·
Registered
14,465 Posts
I don't know. I like someone like Riccochet getting a title shot but Lashley/Lesnar is a dream match for some and would really help sell the Saudi show.

·
Asuka
96,462 Posts
Because there's no equity in Lashley facing Brock.

Granted, there's no equity in Lashley, or Brock vs.....anyone. Such is the problem with WWE, but nobody cares. Nobody gives a fuck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The real reason they can't do Lashley v. Lesnar is because Lashley is legit and everyone knows it... so Lesnar can't have his usual match where he tosses the other guy around and makes him look like a bitch.

They would have to be booked as equals and WWE doesn't want anyone looking equal to Brock at the moment unless they can get them mainstream press.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,052 Posts
WWE have done a piss poor job at booking Lashley since his return. You would think WWE would be all over him trying to make him into a star but he's completely wasted. His angle with Lana doesn't do him any good because it seems like Lana is the focus of the storyline and not Lashley. He's come out looking like a fool in this storyline. So as far as seeing Lashley vs. Lesnar goes. Lashley is just not credible enough to face Lesnar now. Richochet isn't credible either but I guess WWE wants to Lesnar to squash Ricochet so he looks good going into Wrestlemania.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts