Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just seems intentional at this point, Lashley has wanted Brock in a match for years, he had a chance after he beat Roman at Extreme Rules but Roman got his win back and Lashley was pushed aside, now tonight again a chance to face Brock and he loses it.

I mean whats the deal? Lashley is jacked, looks just as big as Lesnar, they both have an MMA background, Lashley has wanted the match for years, the match books itself just two jacked beasts colliding, and Lashley's one of the few guys on the roster who could legit take Lesnar on in a fight, yet Vince for some reason refuses to let it happen, i just don't get it.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
Because they're f*ckin stupid. Lashley vs Lesnar would be awesome and Vince would rather watch a Ricochet squash match. I've been wanting to see Lashley vs Lesnar for years and they won't even do it on a throwaway Saudi show. That and Vince is still being a bitch and holding a grudge about Lashley going to TNA and coming back to WWE "mainly" to face Brock. The match is never gonna happen unless Brock decides to wrestle on free TV.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Because his presence is needed to continue feuding with Rusev. So dumb. Granted, I would want a proper build for a match between Brock and Bobby, so hopefully they finally pull the trigger on it. Summerslam would be good, not Blood Money V.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because they're f*ckin stupid. Lashley vs Lesnar would be awesome and Vince would rather watch a Ricochet squash match. I've been wanting to see Lashley vs Lesnar for years and they won't even do it on a throwaway Saudi show.
Yeah they're fucking retarded alright, it fucking baffles me they're doing Ricochet vs Lesnar over Lashley vs Lesnar, i mean anyone with any god damn sense can see thats gonna be a squash match, Ricochet has no fucking chance in hell. At least with Lashley i feel he could put some hope in peoples mind that Lesnar could lose, i mean i could somewhat believe Lashley could win, but with Ricochet we all know how that match is gonna go.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I legit thought this was when it was going to happen. They have Lashley pin Ricochet and then face Lesnar at a throwaway ppv would have it over and done with, but they didn't even do that. I can't imagine they're holding off because they want to build Bobby up for that match considering they never really do anything with him anyway. It is just weird at this point.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Because they need an underdog likeble face to be destroyed so that Drew can come for the save with cheers and start the program with Lesnar .

Makes sense booking wise- it’s 2 months til mania and they need a filler to not overexpose Drew vs Brock.

Richoset is just that- pull some heroic offense , get destroyed , Lesnar proceeds to destroy Richoset after the match, Drew comes for the save, claymores Brock out of the ring ,helps Richoshet gets up and put fuel to the Lesnar feud to make things more personal / intense .

I don’t mind the booking

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,173 Posts
I legit thought this was when it was going to happen. They have Lashley pin Ricochet and then face Lesnar at a throwaway ppv would have it over and done with, but they didn't even do that. I can't imagine they're holding off because they want to build Bobby up for that match considering they never really do anything with him anyway. It is just weird at this point.
And it's not even like the face/heel dynamic matters in Saudi Arabia. The crowds there don't give a shit. Most of them are not even paying attention to the show.

·
Registered
276 Posts
a feud between lesnar/lashley needs to happen at summerslam not a one off throwaway ppv. But you need to get Lashley away from the soap opera bullshit he is currently in.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought this is where they were gonna go. Seemed like a match the Saudis would love too since they like big fights. The fuck wants to see Ricochet vs. Lesnar? Jesus.
Yeah no one wants to see Ricochet vs Lesnar, Ricochet aint even hot right now, he's been doing a whole lot of nothing, its not like he's massively over, so i don't get why he of all people was given a shot at Lesnar.

·
Angry at refs
2,715 Posts
I don't care for Lashley vs Brock in the slightest, but Lashley and Seth for the 20th time is a lot better than Ricochet.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Frankly, I would almost think that Lashley/Brock would've fit the bill perfectly here (especially if another rumored WP name (Rusev) comes to fruition).

I would think that would be a match the Saudi blood princes would want, and then it basically is not cared about afterward and you can resume a program to Mania for Rusev and Lashley.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
It also look weird since Lashley is also Vince's favorite, I know heel vs heel won't work but just give him chance to him fight Lesnar.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,483 Posts
Bad timing, Lack of interest, Future opportunity....so many unanswered reasons to many things i could ask the same about Bryan/Nakamura too but it will remain a question mark until it finally happens.

·
Registered
11,134 Posts
Brock has some creative control and maybe doesn't want to face lashley. Also Brock's best matches in recent times have been against guys the size of ricochet ie styles, Balor, Bryan whereas Brock vs Strowman, Joe, reigns (outside mania 31) didn't nearly gel as well

As another guy said a heel vs heel match doesn't work this close to mania.easy way to book sympathy, get heat on Brock and pop for Drew.

Nobody is buying lashley beating Lesnar either and dude is not over. If he was booked as unstoppable and red-hot then I could understand but wanting lashley vs Lesnar because he is similar size wise and worked mma isn't enough. I didn't hear calls for swagger vs Lesnar between 2012 and 16 and swagger was far more over in 14 than lashley is now

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I didn't realise we had people who'd never watched wrestling before on this forum.

Matches typically take place between heroic "babyface" characters and villainous "heel" characters so the audience has someone to cheer on. While "babyfaces" occassionally face each other "heels" will almost never face each other because the audience will not be invested in either character.

Currently Brock Lesnar is a "heel" character and has a "heel" manager, he's very well suited to the role but he's not well suited to being a "babyface". Ricochet is a "babyface" while Rollins and Lashley are both "heels", which makes Ricochet the most appropriate opponent for Lesnar.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts