Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
They keep signing subpar wrestlers likely because those are mainly the only guys that want to work for Impact with so many other places to pick from now. Impact is similar to the old ECW in that it isn't going to win many bidding wars for the top free agents so they have to settle for what they can get.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They keep signing subpar wrestlers likely because those are mainly the only guys that want to work for Impact with so many other places to pick from now. Impact is similar to the old ECW in that it isn't going to win many bidding wars for the top free agents so they have to settle for what they can get.
who have they missed out on?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You got to name names. Which difference makers have they missed out on? I can only think of 2.
That's a hard question to ask because we don't know what Impact's budget is. For example, Moxley could be a difference maker that they missed out on but who says they had the money to hire him in the first place? The days of Impact throwing million dollar deals at people are surely over now although I do recall Jericho saying they were interested in signing him and offering big money so maybe they do have the money for the right person. Jericho is another difference maker they missed out on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Unless they can get real revenues coming, they won't be able to get interesting talented guys, stars. Got to get a real TV deal.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Unless they can get real revenues coming, they won't be able to get interesting talented guys, stars. Got to get a real TV deal.
They've got plenty of revenue, hence why they're still signing talent in the midst of a pandemic and they have plenty of talented people like The North, Chris Bey, and The Rascalz.

·
Registered
271 Posts
They've got plenty of revenue, hence why they're still signing talent in the midst of a pandemic and they have plenty of talented people like The North, Chris Bey, and The Rascalz.
They don't at all. The North and Rascalz are great but we're talking about getting stars around the World. They got lucky on The North cause Damore knew them As for revenues, I doubt that AXS gives them that much more than what they had. the rest is very little. The only reason Impact is even alive is cause Anthem is owned by a rich guy that likes wrestling. It remain to be seen if one day they'll finally make some money.

·
Banned
801 Posts
They don't at all. The North and Rascalz are great but we're talking about getting stars around the World. They got lucky on The North cause Damore knew them As for revenues, I doubt that AXS gives them that much more than what they had. the rest is very little. The only reason Impact is even alive is cause Anthem is owned by a rich guy that likes wrestling. It remain to be seen if one day they'll finally make some money.
Actually they do but you keep telling yourself either wise though. The conversation wasn't about stars it was about "subpar talent." They didn't get "lucky" with The North since Ethan Page grew up a TNA mark so he always wanted to sign with the company. You can doubt but the facts says otherwise. Its alive because its been profitable since 2018 but continue trolling though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Actually they do but you keep telling yourself either wise though. The conversation wasn't about stars it was about "subpar talent." They didn't get "lucky" with The North since Ethan Page grew up a TNA mark so he always wanted to sign with the company. You can doubt but the facts says otherwise. Its alive because its been profitable since 2018 but continue trolling though.
Why is it that on this forum, everytime we critic something we are viewed as we hate that company? I've been a TNA fan for years but they have never been more under the radar and they have some talent but not ground breaking talent and they cannot compete as far as the sort of salary that WWE(for their three brands) and AEW give ot. And as far as revenues, where are they coming from? Where? They don't have the lucrative Spike TV deal anymore. Their TV revenues are nothing. PPV are nothing. merchandises? lol All they can do is basically hire these old hasbeens like Rhino and RVD and Tommy Dreamer. It's embarrassing.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Why is it that on this forum, everytime we critic something we are viewed as we hate that company? I've been a TNA fan for years but they have never been more under the radar and they have some talent but not ground breaking talent and they cannot compete as far as the sort of salary that WWE(for their three brands) and AEW give ot. And as far as revenues, where are they coming from? Where? They don't have the lucrative Spike TV deal anymore. Their TV revenues are nothing. PPV are nothing. merchandises? lol All they can do is basically hire these old hasbeens like Rhino and RVD and Tommy Dreamer. It's embarrassing.
I don't really care and rarely post here because I don't really keep with Impact all that much. Who said they were offering WWE money? Because I never said that. Their revenue comes from their tv deals with AXS, Fight Network, Game tv, 5Star, Sony Six, Dsports and Etv ect, their merch sales, their ticket sales, their Twitch deal, and Impact+ app is where they're making their money obviously.

Yeah and thats why they've been signing young talent like Ace Austin, The North, The Rascalz, Michael Elgin, Sami Callighan, Jordynne Grace, Deonna Purrazzo, Kiera Hogan, and Tasha Steelz. Those are only a few of the young that I've named so far. Your post is embarrassing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't really care and rarely post here because I don't really keep with Impact all that much. Who said they were offering WWE money? Because I never said that. Their revenue comes from their tv deals with AXS, Fight Network, Game tv, 5Star, Sony Six, Dsports and Etv ect, their merch sales, their ticket sales, their Twitch deal, and Impact+ app is where they're making their money obviously.
lol they own the Fight Network. and all these are short changes. Sony dix deal is over. ticket sales? for 150 people? Twitch? lol Impact + ? ah ha ha merchandises? who buys Impact stuff? nobody

Yeah and thats why they've been signing young talent like Ace Austin, The North, The Rascalz, Michael Elgin, Sami Callighan, Jordynne Grace, Deonna Purrazzo, Kiera Hogan, and Tasha Steelz. Those are only a few of the young that I've named so far. Your post is embarrassing.
All of these are mediocre talent! they are not the most sought-after Indy talent dude! They get them cause they come cheap. WWE or AEW do not give a shit about Sami Callighan. And then there are the old ass like RVD and Tommy Dreamer and Ken Shamrock. The only reason Impact has a roster is cause nobody want these guys. Only Tessa is prime talent.

I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just the truth, Impact is in the toilet. And nobody talk about them, nobody watch their product. It's stone cold dead and garbage.

And really I am hoping that guys like EC3 and Gallows and Anderson and EY and others come to give this company a pulse. I want to be a fan again.

·
Banned
801 Posts
lol they own the Fight Network. and all these are short changes. Sony dix deal is over. ticket sales? for 150 people? Twitch? lol Impact + ? ah ha ha merchandises? who buys Impact stuff? nobody

All of these are mediocre talent! they are not the most sought-after Indy talent dude! They get them cause they come cheap. WWE or AEW do not give a shit about Sami Callighan. And then there are the old ass like RVD and Tommy Dreamer and Ken Shamrock. The only reason Impact has a roster is cause nobody want these guys. Only Tessa is prime talent.

I'm not saying this to be mean, it's just the truth, Impact is in the toilet. And nobody talk about them, nobody watch their product. It's stone cold dead and garbage.

And really I am hoping that guys like EC3 and Gallows and Anderson and EY and others come to give this company a pulse. I want to be a fan again.
They still pay them tv rights fees even though Anthem owns both just like Turner Broadcasting still payed WCW tv rights fees even though Ted Turner owned both. Sony Sulix isn't up and they still show it on the network so what are you talking about? Ticket sales for 1,000 people for tv tapings and 3,000 for their ppvs like this

Thats 3k tickets sold last year for that ppv. Lol you're just trolling at this point and I gave you all of their revenue streams but you keep trolling so its pointless with you.

Except WWE had Sami Callihan and he quit so you have no clue of what you're talking about and AEW wanted Chris Bey but Impact signed him before them but nice try. Its funny coming from you because you're an AEW fan and AEW has a full roster that nobody else wants and has old guys who can barely walk like Jericho, Goldust, and Hardy 🤣. They have several guys that would be wanted by other companies like Ace Austin, Chris Bey, and The North.

If no one watched them then they wouldn't have any tv deals, they're the 3rd most talked about company right now, and a dead company is a company thats out of business which its not. I don't watch its product so I can't comment on that part.

It must be fun to be a fan of TNA 2.0 (AEW) huh? Because AEW is exactly like TNA where its product is garbage, hires WWE guys and push them immediately into the main event, and bury their young guys. Thats AEW's formula just like TNA because AEW is TNA 2.0. So have fun with TNA 2.0 because it'll fall just like TNA.

·
Registered
271 Posts
They still pay them tv rights fees even though Anthem owns both just like Turner Broadcasting still payed WCW tv rights fees even though Ted Turner owned both. Sony Sulix isn't up and they still show it on the network so what are you talking about? Ticket sales for 1,000 people for tv tapings and 3,000 for their ppvs like this

Thats 3k tickets sold last year for that ppv.[/Quote[

Yet nobody heard about it. and the 1.000 people for TV is horrible, my man.

Lol you're just trolling at this point and I gave you all of their revenue streams but you keep trolling so its pointless with you.
Because they are not big revenue streams! you can just barely stop afloat with these. Oh people watch TNA on Twitch LMAO!!!

Except WWE had Sami Callihan and he quit so you have no clue of what you're talking about
I'm sure WWE are bent out of shape about it! lol

and AEW wanted Chris Bey but Impact signed him before them but nice try. Its funny coming from you because you're an AEW fan and AEW has a full roster that nobody else wants and has old guys who can barely walk like Jericho, Goldust, and Hardy 🤣. They have several guys that would be wanted by other companies like Ace Austin, Chris Bey, and The North.
Pretty sure TNA would have gone on their knees and pray to all the Gods to get Jericho. TNA even took Jericho's advice to hire Don Callis as booker. He put AEW on the map and he is easily the most entertaining guy in wrestling with MJF. Impact has zero star power and that is the problem.

AEW has many phenomenal talent young and old. Goldust wrestles and he is still one of the best wrestler in the World. The same cannot be said of current RVD.

If no one watched them then they wouldn't have any tv deals, they're the 3rd most talked about company right now, and a dead company is a company thats out of business which its not. I don't watch its product so I can't comment on that part.
If Anthem didn't buy their own network, Impact would not be on TV in the US! think about that. No TV presence. Look you don't watch this product so you have no idea how big they were and how low they are now.

It must be fun to be a fan of TNA 2.0 (AEW) huh? Because AEW is exactly like TNA where its product is garbage, hires WWE guys and push them immediately into the main event, and bury their young guys. Thats AEW's formula just like TNA because AEW is TNA 2.0. So have fun with TNA 2.0 because it'll fall just like TNA.
Who cares? TNA has never looked this professional. And AEW has money that can buy stars, hire the best talent. They are a professional Big Time operation and more importantly, they have a big time TV partner that allow them to do that. Unless Impact get a real lucrative TV deal, they will never grow. They are now like ROH but not as good. Always staying the same, just being happy staying the same.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Thats 3k tickets sold last year for that ppv.[/Quote[

Yet nobody heard about it. and the 1.000 people for TV is horrible, my man.

Because they are not big revenue streams! you can just barely stop afloat with these. Oh people watch TNA on Twitch LMAO!!!

I'm sure WWE are bent out of shape about it! lol

Pretty sure TNA would have gone on their knees and pray to all the Gods to get Jericho. TNA even took Jericho's advice to hire Don Callis as booker. He put AEW on the map and he is easily the most entertaining guy in wrestling with MJF. Impact has zero star power and that is the problem.

AEW has many phenomenal talent young and old. Goldust wrestles and he is still one of the best wrestler in the World. The same cannot be said of current RVD.

If Anthem didn't buy their own network, Impact would not be on TV in the US! think about that. No TV presence. Look you don't watch this product so you have no idea how big they were and how low they are now.

Who cares? TNA has never looked this professional. And AEW has money that can buy stars, hire the best talent. They are a professional Big Time operation and more importantly, they have a big time TV partner that allow them to do that. Unless Impact get a real lucrative TV deal, they will never grow. They are now like ROH but not as good. Always staying the same, just being happy staying the same.
If nobody heard about it then why was it posted? And 1,000 tickets sold for tv is good for them because of the small venues they use. 3k tickets sold for their ppv isn't bad at all considering they're the number 3 company in the U.S.

Those are big revenue streams apparently if they keep handing people contracts especially now when the world is in a pandemic. They're signing people during the pandemic that should tell you something.

WWE doesn't care and I never claimed they were "bent out of shape" about it so nice spin job. I said theres talent in Impact that WWE would definitely be interested in signing.

They offered him mid seven figures according to his own words and only signed with AEW because they offered him more and here you go

On IMPACT! Wrestling offering him a huge contract for four matches: “When I was starting to talk with Tony and you know, I was negotiating with New Japan and even IMPACTas well. Like I said, the thing is, IMPACT! offered me a hell of a deal for a four-match series. Like it was a really good amount of money. We’re talking mid-seven figures. They have some cash as well. I think people kinda’ gloss over IMPACT! at this point in time. When they believe in something, they have money for it.”

So they have plenty of money as Jericho said but Im sure you're going to ignore that though.

Lol Jericho didn't put AEW "on the map" since most people don't even know what AEW is, Howard Stern just called it backyard wrestling, and its only watched 700k viewers. They've lost 50% of their viewers within 8 months so they're not on "the map." Impact has better talent and AEW has 0 star power as well.

Lol Goldust is horrible now and can barely move. Hes no different than RVD so yes they're the same they're bith old and can barely move. They should be retired by now.

They're number in the U.S so I know that much which is only 1 tier below AEW.

Who cares? The viewers care, and AEW doesn't look "professional" in anyway, shape, or form. Its exactly like TNA in every way possible. TNA had money to do the very samething, and they fell down the totem pole and so will AEW because just like TNA they're overpaying WWE rejects and will be in financial peril and will be sold off to someone else because they're going to bleed so much money its going to be ridiculous. They're above ROH and has more money than ROH hence why guys sign with them and not ROH.

AEW will be the same size as impact in a year so no need to brag about AEW's presence right now especially with them dropping rapidly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If nobody heard about it then why was it posted? And 1,000 tickets sold for tv is good for them because of the small venues they use. 3k tickets sold for their ppv isn't bad at all considering they're the number 3 company in the U.S.

Those are big revenue streams apparently if they keep handing people contracts especially now when the world is in a pandemic. They're signing people during the pandemic that should tell you something.

WWE doesn't care and I never claimed they were "bent out of shape" about it so nice spin job. I said theres talent in Impact that WWE would definitely be interested in signing.

They offered him mid seven figures according to his own words and only signed with AEW because they offered him more and here you go

On IMPACT! Wrestling offering him a huge contract for four matches: “When I was starting to talk with Tony and you know, I was negotiating with New Japan and even IMPACTas well. Like I said, the thing is, IMPACT! offered me a hell of a deal for a four-match series. Like it was a really good amount of money. We’re talking mid-seven figures. They have some cash as well. I think people kinda’ gloss over IMPACT! at this point in time. When they believe in something, they have money for it.”

So they have plenty of money as Jericho said but Im sure you're going to ignore that though.

Lol Jericho didn't put AEW "on the map" since most people don't even know what AEW is, Howard Stern just called it backyard wrestling, and its only watched 700k viewers. They've lost 50% of their viewers within 8 months so they're not on "the map." Impact has better talent and AEW has 0 star power as well.

Lol Goldust is horrible now and can barely move. Hes no different than RVD so yes they're the same they're bith old and can barely move. They should be retired by now.

They're number in the U.S so I know that much which is only 1 tier below AEW.

Who cares? The viewers care, and AEW doesn't look "professional" in anyway, shape, or form. Its exactly like TNA in every way possible. TNA had money to do the very samething, and they fell down the totem pole and so will AEW because just like TNA they're overpaying WWE rejects and will be in financial peril and will be sold off to someone else because they're going to bleed so much money its going to be ridiculous. They're above ROH and has more money than ROH hence why guys sign with them and not ROH.

AEW will be the same size as impact in a year so no need to brag about AEW's presence right now especially with them dropping rapidly.
Im a regular watcher and have been since day one. Thanks for handling and dismissing that bs narrative

·
Registered
271 Posts
Im a regular watcher and have been since day one. Thanks for handling and dismissing that bs narrative
Well that is a problem in itself. Those that have not left the Impact ship after all they have lost are destined to find them qualities no matter what. Sort of a like a battered wife who will not leave her violent husband no matter what.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
money is absolutely no excuse. The Indies are filled with Much better characters and talent than what Impact keeps bringin in. The past year the roster has been below subpar for even Indy talent. Its bad vision by the talent scouters and they need to be fired.

I have no liked Dons Vision,Its to cheap tacky indy feel which makes no sense. You have a chance to build back up but like many have said Anthem is just looking to keep the train going because of the libraty. But sure you have all that media but is it really making you any money.

Its the most bland roster in the history of this company. Back in the early tna days they had so many good no name guys for cheap.

·
Registered
206 Posts
money is absolutely no excuse. The Indies are filled with Much better characters and talent than what Impact keeps bringin in. The past year the roster has been below subpar for even Indy talent. Its bad vision by the talent scouters and they need to be fired.

I have no liked Dons Vision,Its to cheap tacky indy feel which makes no sense. You have a chance to build back up but like many have said Anthem is just looking to keep the train going because of the libraty. But sure you have all that media but is it really making you any money.

Its the most bland roster in the history of this company. Back in the early tna days they had so many good no name guys for cheap.
so which subpar bland talents are they pushing? drop some names

21 - 40 of 42 Posts