Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cody Deaner? Deaner that used to be a jobber and was ODBs lackey is now supposed to be taken seriously?

Moose is okay but doesnt feel like legit main eventer to me, somethings missing.

And Willie Mack, I mean hes not bad in the ring - but hes so bland. Lets be honest, he has no real gimmick and is just a fat guy that wrestles.

I dont get it.

·
Intoner
6,589 Posts
I expected something different, but the thread seems okay.

Deaner is a part of a jobber tag team. You do not in fact have to take him seriously. I just hope Jake eventually gets a manager and singles push. He's big and good in the ring.

Moose is big, good in the ring and has a personality. Yes he's a dumbass, but that just works for him. I take Moose over Seth Rollins or Brodie Lee any day. And no I don't mean that they are bad wrestlers, but as a maineventer Moose looks more legit.

I agree about Willie. He has no gimmick. But wrestlers playing "themselves" is a plague of an entire wrestling business. Impact has far less of those fortunately. It's unfair to blame Impact when AEW, RoH, NJPW and WWE has plenty of wrestlers without gimmicks. With some of them maineventing.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you watching the same Impact I am?..........

Su Yung is basically the female Undertaker. She does some of the most dangerous and straight-up "Holy Crap" matches imaginable, her in-ring character is extremely interesting, and her in ring skill is no letdown either.

Jordynne Grace is incredibly strong, and I would say the most skilled female wrestler in the world other than Io Shirai. Jordynne is also one of the most, if not the most, beautiful women in the world.

Seriously, men's wrestling is never going to be as full of interesting talent as it was during the AE, just let it go.
The undead realm crap with the segments is some of the worst wrestlecrap stuff ive ever seen. Cringey af and just boring.

·
Mr Big Shot
104 Posts
I don't think Willie Mack is boring. He has an excellent move-set.

Moose is world champion material and looks like someone who could kick ass.

The Deaner's I am not a big fan but for comic relief, I can tolerate them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't think Willie Mack is boring. He has an excellent move-set.

Moose is world champion material and looks like someone who could kick ass.

The Deaner's I am not a big fan but for comic relief, I can tolerate them.

Willie Mack could be the best wrestler in the world, but without a gimmick hes bland. Am i supposed to care about him? Whats his purpose? Who is he?

His look isnt great, legit looks like a guy thats just got off his couch boozing and put his wrestling pants on and is now main eventing impact shows for some reason.

When a company doesnt give the fans reason to care about a wrestler, he really should not be getting pushed. It seems so obvious lol.

·
Mr Big Shot
104 Posts
Willie Mack could be the best wrestler in the world, but without a gimmick hes bland. Am i supposed to care about him? Whats his purpose? Who is he?

His look isnt great, legit looks like a guy thats just got off his couch boozing and put his wrestling pants on and is now main eventing impact shows for some reason.

When a company doesnt give the fans reason to care about a wrestler, he really should not be getting pushed. It seems so obvious lol.

Impact hasn't done a good job on showcasing Willie Mack's personality that much. But I personally do not find his matches boring. Hopefully soon they may showcase that.

Moose is 6ft 5 and weighs close to 300 pounds. He has been in the upper card for years and deserves his chance on loyalty alone. I would imagine he could of gone to AEW or WWE. Even when he was a face Moose was over. I would imagine without seeing you Moose could kick both our asses at the same time.

Impact has lost a lot talent and yet they consistently put on good TV. Minus Tessa having the title.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

• Impact hasn't done a good job on showcasing Willie Mack's personality that much. But I personally do not find his matches boring. Hopefully soon they may showcase that.

Moose is 6ft 5 and weighs close to 300 pounds. He has been in the upper card for years and deserves his chance on loyalty alone. I would imagine he could of gone to AEW or WWE. Even when he was a face Moose was over. I would imagine without seeing you Moose could kick both our asses at the same time.

Impact has lost a lot talent and yet they consistently put on good TV. Minus Tessa having the title.
    It doesnt really matter who could kick our asses or looks like they could, I feel like I could kick Cody Deaners ass and Tessa Blanchard but she seems to be the heavyweight champion lmao.
I wish Moose would change that ridiculous goofy ass name of his, I'd probably take him more seriously then.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
The Deaners aren't being pushed that hard, I'm fine with them being there as filler, just having regular jobbers in a company doesn't mean that there's something wrong with the company. I hope they don't get pushed but they're definitely not being "pushed" by any stretch of the imagination.

Willie Mack is enjoyable in ring and does have charisma but I do agree he'd benefit greatly from actually getting a gimmick, but as stated by others that's just something going around the industry as a whole rather than just an Impact issue.

I will have to disagree on Moose though, while he was bland as fuck in his entire ROH run and the first few years in Impact he's really found a personality, improved in the ring as well considering how green he was, but he's solid enough to be in a match, has personality, has a cocky "better than you" kind of gimmick, has the size and look, and most importantly he has really found his way on the mic. A couple years back I'd agree with you but today's Moose? He fits in his spot in the card.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
TNA pushed Bischoff's son, how much more subpar can you get?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Willie Mack isn't good on the mic, but there are ways around that as he's a good talent, if necessary manager. There are several people that they could/should invest some character time in, seems they at least started something with Tenille but probably Covid-19 scrapped that for the moment. Saying that, they have enough women for a tournament now, they could use that to feature them with some background and interviews.

There would be enough talents and time too after Covid-19, cut some of the undead things and probably less controversial at least the not even to something current related TNA throwbacks. They are a random annoyance and if they want to advertise the app do it with just some special episodes.

·
Registered
680 Posts
To me the problem is they have too many toothpicks flipping around and not enough healthy well grounded wrestlers.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Impact obviously has a small talent budget hence why they hire unknowns or "subpar bland wrestlers". I don't watch their show week to week (Mainly highlights) but you can tell that the majority of their money would be tied up in Dreamer, Edwards, Moose, Rhino, Tenille, Tessa, Van Dam and Shamrock (If he's got an actual contract.)

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Its a shame because half the roster at least is less than subpar guys. There is plenty of up and coming guys more exciting on the indy scene. Sadly i dont know if Impact will ever get out of its gloryfied indy spot at this point. Especially with its branding approach these days. All the good guys they get dont stick around which is fair. Gott climb the mountain

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its a shame because half the roster at least is less than subpar guys. There is plenty of up and coming guys more exciting on the indy scene. Sadly i dont know if Impact will ever get out of its gloryfied indy spot at this point. Especially with its branding approach these days. All the good guys they get dont stick around which is fair. Gott climb the mountain
which difference makers have they recently lost?

·
Registered
530 Posts
which difference makers have they recently lost?
They haven't, even the bigger names when gone have been replaced instantly & let a really talented roster to step up, it's what Callis & D'Amore have done extremely well.

The only guy I think that will be truly missed is Sami if/when he leaves, because he is the big corner stone of the company...but even then, you would get a Fulton for example stepping up to replace him.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts