Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the WWE hold onto people who they don't do anything with or are primary used as Cannon Fodder? Guys like Tatsu, JTG, Kidd, Jackson, Natalya, and others. It's almost a given if they are in a match they are losing and losing in under three minutes. Yet they keep them around despite the fact they won't do anything with them.

Why not release guys who are dead weight, let them work in The Indies or TNA and ROH and if they manage to show improvement and get what they are looking for hire them back.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They need fillers for house shows and other times stars just to lose in 30 seconds and stuff lol.

Some might also be kept around for roster morale(someone might not be that great,but if they keep some of the more important stars happy, then WWE will keep that other star around. It's similar to what sports teams do sometimes)

If you really wonder why WWE is keeping Kidd or Natalya, then you really need to actually watch their matches that lasted awhile.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Why does the WWE hold onto people who they don't do anything with or are primary used as Cannon Fodder? Guys like Tatsu, JTG, Kidd, Jackson, Natalya, and others. It's almost a given if they are in a match they are losing and losing in under three minutes. Yet they keep them around despite the fact they won't do anything with them.

Why not release guys who are dead weight, let them work in The Indies or TNA and ROH and if they manage to show improvement and get what they are looking for hire them back.
You understand that WWE needs jobbers right?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You understand that WWE needs jobbers right?
That's what Local Talent is for. The KC Jones, Rick Rinslows, Jack Larunts, guys from the local area are for. Jack Swagger's a former World Champion and is used primary to look like a doofus and a buffoon by everyone else and casual fans would say you're lying if you said he was a Champion. Did Macho Man lose a lot after he lost the title to Hogan? No, of course not cause no one would buy him. Did Money Inc lose in handicap squashes after they lost the Tag Titles? I don't think so. Jackson's a former Intercontinental Champion and yet he can pull out a win once every eight months.

All this talk of "Not Everyone's meant for the Main Event," doesn't mean they want to be stuck for years at the bottom of the barrel. If they go out and wrestle in other places and companies and countries they can gain more than they can of being stuck for life as Enhancements.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,529 Posts
Natalya is the best diva they have. And Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu are worth hanging on to because they're two of the best in-ring talents they've got.

I agree with JTG and Jackson though.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Well they need low carders to job. It's up to those guys to show the management If they can hang and really want to rise or fall into obscurity, be forgotten and future endeavored.

Now some might say it all depends on the booking but I do think if someone is really passionate about something most of the time it will show and the star will rise.

Not all the time of course since there is just so much politics going on but so far what I seen is really guys who really want to make it and have a talent of one kind or the other do make it and make it big.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I think it shows how crappy and green most of the talent is both the filler jobber talents and the mid card as well. Back in the attitude era the mid card was a huge part of the show and the jobbers too and the filler guys were usually your Dan Severns or enhancement talent really young at the time ECW type of cruiserweight guys. The filler guys then would be main eventers right now jobbing to Cena.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I understand WWE and wrestling promotions in general need jobbers but a lot of the guys that are meant to job in WWE aren't even used for that purpose. More often than not they(WWE) bring in some local talent to do that job instead of actual guys on the roster. At least they have the yearly roster cuts which helps cut back on the guys they barely use.

·
Premium Member
19,305 Posts
Might as well keep talented guys on the roster that aren't being used, so they can't go make another company big money, being used to their potential.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Natalya is the best diva they have. And Tyson Kidd and Yoshi Tatsu are worth hanging on to because they're two of the best in-ring talents they've got.

I agree with JTG and Jackson though.
Looking at your fav 5, i have decided not to take anything u say seriously. I would have bashed anyone else who would say kidd and tatsu are two of the best in rng talent.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That's what Local Talent is for. The KC Jones, Rick Rinslows, Jack Larunts, guys from the local area are for. Jack Swagger's a former World Champion and is used primary to look like a doofus and a buffoon by everyone else and casual fans would say you're lying if you said he was a Champion. Did Macho Man lose a lot after he lost the title to Hogan? No, of course not cause no one would buy him. Did Money Inc lose in handicap squashes after they lost the Tag Titles? I don't think so. Jackson's a former Intercontinental Champion and yet he can pull out a win once every eight months.

All this talk of "Not Everyone's meant for the Main Event," doesn't mean they want to be stuck for years at the bottom of the barrel. If they go out and wrestle in other places and companies and countries they can gain more than they can of being stuck for life as Enhancements.
While I understand your point here, you have to remember, these guys are signing the contracts WWE offer to them. It's not like WWE has life rights to any of the wrestlers. While they would have to server out thier contracts, and any post contract non-performance clause, there's nothing that forces them to continue to sign on year after year.

I would imagine even the least utilized WWE "superstar" makes a more comfortable living that virtually anyone in the indies. And while some of them may be able to go to somewhere like Japan and become very successful, that's not necessarily a life they're looking for.

The fact is, any wrestler who's sitting at the "bottom of the barrel" on the WWE roster is still in a better place than a majority of the wrestlers out there. They're also sitting there by choice, for the most part. While they'ld all likely prefer to be wearing a championship, my guess is that as far as wrestling life goes, the bottom of the biggest wrestling company in the world is still alot better than most of the alternatives.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks its extremely counter-productive to have guys like Zeke, Ryan, Riley, DiBiase, Jinder Mahal, Tyler Reks, McIntyre, Curt Hawkins with the "WWE look" (to varying degrees) being jobbed out like losers when one of WWE's primary goals is to condition your fans into excepting that same look as the "WWE ideal"? I'm supposed to buy into the idea that that look makes a guy more special when half the guys on your roster with that same look are complete jokes?

If you're gonna have jobbers on TV, they should be more like the twig Ryback squashed last week or guys like Trevor Murdoch rather than guys like Zeke or Ryan who have better looking physiques than fucking Cena.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts