Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
In NXT it makes sense, if they've had a good run and they're a big name down there, giving another wrestler a rub on the way out is the perfect way to go. The hype of them being called up will negate any feeling of them being weak following the loss.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Yeah it's the classic wrestling tradition of going out on your back and transferring your rub when making the move from NXT to the main roster (unless your name is Asuka or Paige :side:)

The draft one is a bit more awkward as it's not quite the same situation but does that actually happen all that often? I'm asking genuinely as I don't know.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Elias got killed by Lashley and Alexa got pinned by Moon, so makes you think they’re both SD bound. Miz too! The latter excites me. Miz/Bryan could be a real thing after next week

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
basically its a tradition to help the next generation of talent as they leave because guys wouldve done the same for them when they were starting out, guys have to lose to make someone a winner so its only fair for the winner to lose to create a new winner. Its the more constructive option for the future.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Because you want your company to seem like it has the best employed by them. If you book a guy to dominate your roster and then he just leaves, you have a roster full of people who just got schooled by a guy who doesn't work there anymore. You don't have the best. The best went elsewhere.

On the flipside, if your guy beats him and he leaves, he looks like a chump who couldn't hang with the new best wrestler in he world and tapped out. It's best for your product (most of the time).

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
They did that last year before the draft, it's unknown if they will again, it worked fine for them though. They put someone over and when they switch brands they're around a set of people they haven't worked with in a year, they can build them from there because whoever they lost to is not around as a constant reminder of that loss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts