Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet Hogan, Hall, Nash and Sting get shitted on? Atleast those guys have proven they can be huge draws so there is a purpose for signing them/giving them a chance. But now people on here and the entire impact zone goes insane over Tommy Dreamer, Raven (who I am actually a huge fan of), Rhino and Richards. 4 guys that are past their prime and have never drawn 1 fucking cent in this business. I really don't get it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I don't think anyone who's invested time with TNA really give any 40+ wrestler that has wrestled in original ECW or WCW any credit.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I am a fan.

I like who I like. I couldn't care less whether so-and-so "draws."

I've never been a Hogan fan. Nash can't wrestle. Hall is a mess.

I'm a huge mark for Sting. I've been a fan of his for more than 20 years.

I like the ECW guys, too. Most of them can still go, particularly if you put them in the right kind of match.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Yet Hogan, Hall, Nash and Sting get shitted on? Atleast those guys have proven they can be huge draws so there is a purpose for signing them/giving them a chance. But now people on here and the entire impact zone goes insane over Tommy Dreamer, Raven (who I am actually a huge fan of), Rhino and Richards. 4 guys that are past their prime and have never drawn 1 fucking cent in this business. I really don't get it.
because...people know there's more to life than rant?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
the ecw guys bust their ass, that is their hallmark. plus this place sucks off every indy guy that comes down the pike, and thats what ECW was, the ultimate indy promotion, even though those guys went on to have good careers in wcw and wwe, they were stll ECW at heart. Also, even though everyone bitches about them being 'old' they are still a good 10-20 years younger than the hogan/hall/nash/sting crew.

I love those guys, especially hall, but they have issues. Hall is a mess (even though I was happy to see him back), hogan is just dated and annoying, and sting has been absolutely terrible. I don't know if they are forcing him out there injured, but his matches are really bad, he's out of shape, and he's lazy. No problem with nash, the guy looks the best he has in 10 years, and he is what he is in the ring. i just wish he'd ditch the gray hair look, other than that he doesn't seem like as much of an old man as the rest.

·
IDGET
4,758 Posts
I don't think they get a ton of love. It's more that the angle has some potential, and if TNA can manage to not screw it up or drag it out to long it's going to make for some interesting TV.

·
Registered
340 Posts
While the angle has been stupidly boring so far, I do like Raven, and to a lesser extent, a younger Rhino. Hopefully, this angle gets started soon, so I can see if it's worth the time investment.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The only reason ECW or it's alumni get any long term love is the fact that they HAD a cult following. Everybody would LOVE to tap into some of that - as ECW seemed to have lightning in a bottle during their heyday. It worked in the early 2000's with the Invasion - it worked for a brand "revival" in 2006. TNA want's to see if they can tap into that in 2010.Will it work??? Who cares?

·
Banned
33 Posts
because...people know there's more to life than rant?
NO...that's because you've been jizzing all over the MAJOR SPOILER UPDATE ON TNA HARD JUSTICE PPV thread about the return of these douchebags.

It CAN´T be done right, as much as you wish, because they´re OLD!!!

ECW was edgy at its time because they had young talent, not washed up losers from the 80s.

If TNA want to do things right and care about their product, they should focus on buildong new stars, not bringing a bunch of has-beens into a rehash invasion angle.

That's why WWE, as much as I dislike it right now, would always kick other promotions' asses.

Nexus invasion, fresh new talent Vs. ECW invasion, old rotten botchers.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Because for those of us who grew up watching ECW, it was more than just a wrestling show, it was your own thing. No-one else I knew had seen it. When Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, Mysterio, etc signed for WCW, you felt like you knew a secret that everyone else was ignorant of. It was kinda cool, Mike.

This time around though? Nah, couldn't give a shit. 3 wrestlers they wasted throughout last year and an injured Dreamer? I can miss it quite happily. Raven vs Dreamer is still one of my favourite feuds, though.

Ex-ECW doesn't always mean washed up, though. Look at Jericho and Mysterio. Joey Mercury was ECW. Tajiri could still put my ass in a seat. They've just brought in guys that weren't in amazing condition ten years ago (except Rhino, he could still go).

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well look where Hall is now. Hogan brought us Bubba, Nasty's and Jordan to go over much loved TNA stars. Booked Monday night like shit where he would clear house during one of his ten segments that night. Doesn't hardly put TNA over on television, and is in Canada with his buddies instead of being at Victory Road and the Impact tapings.

On the other hand Dreamer has come in, is getting huge praise creatively, and Impact is on greater than a months worth of great shows and great direction.

What I'm trying to say is although I don't really care about any of them, one group is obviously so much easier to like.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Considering the fact that they were once the top guys in ECW, they in fact did draw more than 1 cent.

Just sayin'.

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
Because fanboys are blind to the fact that th ECW washups are as done as Hall and Nash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts