Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I do not understand it.

Without wanting to turn this into another pointless WWE vs TNA thread, when I watch SD or Raw, I really cant understand how the people who watch only those shows, can still hate upon Impact and TNA, when Impact is arguably currently much better than both, and has been for a good few months now.

In terms of quality, I personally think 2012 has been a very decent year so far for TNA, so cant grasp why those who dont bother to watch the shows, are still hating and bitching about it.

Why is this? Do they not want competition in the wrestling industry?

I just find it very odd and cant understand why some people have this backwards attitude. I mean, at least bother to watch the shows before you hate upon them.

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
Under dog will always be compared to the big dog. It comes down to the person. Some people will always pimp the big dog and talk smack about the little dog. Im a under dog kinda guy ha. Some Strive for the little dog to shine and make leaps and continue to grow. I very much indeed love watching them change grow ect. I mean the wwe has done it all.What else are they going on other then history.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Mistakes of the past.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Mistakes of the past.
This, it seems like people are just so used to taking the piss out of TNA that they'll never recognise when the show is actually good. I'm not one for comparing everything they do to the WWE, and I'll happily admit I've always been more of a WWE mark (just because I've watched it for years) but Impact Wrestling absolutely shits all over Raw and Smackdown right now, it's just so much more entertaining (aside from Punk/Bryan). Better storylines, better matches, building young talent, better roster overall, no Cena... Until Dean Ambrose debuts or we get another angle like Punk last summer, then Impact is my show of choice for the forseeable future.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I could see this being locked quick but some people just dont like it simple as and TNA is a VERY damaged brand among Wrestling fans too.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Fanboy syndrome is the real culprit. WWE fanboys are like Apple fanboys. No one is allowed to like anything else. They were the same way back in the WCW Monday Night Wars era.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could see this being locked quick but some people just dont like it simple as and TNA is a VERY damaged brand among Wrestling fans too.
Sure, but I'm talking about people (there are many on here) who dont watch the shows at all, but 'somehow' seem to know that TNA is 'shit' etc.

I just find is very, very strange that wrestling fans WOULDN'T want any competition, when the industry hugely needs it.

Who just wants there to only be WWE again? How boring would that be?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
If TNA wants to win WWE's fanbase they must have a solid product for at least 3 straight years.

When the typical main stream wrestling fan think of IMPACT they see swerves and gimmick matches.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Sure, but I'm talking about people (there are many on here) who dont watch the shows at all, but 'somehow' seem to know that TNA is 'shit' etc.

I just find is very, very strange that wrestling fans WOULDN'T want any competition, when the industry hugely needs it.

Who just wants there to only be WWE again? How boring would that be?
It's funny, someone posted a thread before RAW on Monday in the WWE section saying that if you're sick of WWE then TNA is a good alternative, or something along those lines.

There were a few replies saying "fuck off", "TNA is shit", "no thanks" etc. and then it got locked. I wonder how many of these people actually watch Impact?

What's also funny is that the very same night they probably sat through the complete and utter horeshit that was Monday Night RAW, and no doubt complained about it. It's crazy.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Some people never forgive (and mainly just do it to mess around with those who legit like it or those who passionately like it)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Of the people i know in daily life, i'm the only one that still watches TNA, everyone else stopped watching a long time ago. They have done so much stupid stuff, that a few good things arent going to pull back the people that stopped watching. Like joeisgonnakillyou said, it might take up to 3 straight years of good shows to rebuild themselves.

And right now they just arent very stable yet. The first 2 months of 2012 were great, but then we got 6 horrible weeks, and currently they are improving again, so there are just too many ups and downs in the current product. And with all the new changes announced things might be completely different again in a few months from now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I doubt this thread is going to last long, but TNA has delivered some really sub-par stuff in the past and many people have either watched it for them selves or read about it somewhere and were just turned off by the product. If a child burns his/her hand the first time he/she'll be reluctant to touch whatever surfaceurned them and if he/she gets burned a second time then they simply won't go there again. TNA not only burned people twice, the product burned people for the better part of 22 months (2010-post BFG 2011) and those people are obviously reluctant to keep watching and they would have told other people, who would have told others and so on and so forth. TNA is a damaged brand and hence why the company has slowly phased out the TNA name and will inevitably become Impact Wrestling. It's very similar to the Comcast cable systems' "re-branding" to Xfinity

·
Registered
665 Posts
I understand the frustration and I admit that in the beginning I had the same ideas that current WWE fans have towards TNA. That being said, when I had that mentality WWE was on a role (2002-2005) and all of my favourite wrestlers were in the Fed. Once I actually started watching TNA, my mentality slowly started to change towards seeing something different. The big turning point for me was when TNA managed to get television time and started getting some interested wrestlers in the mix (Sting, Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, Booker T). Now I am pro TNA for everything they are doing. They are the company to watch for in the future.

I think some of the problem is the ignorance of wrestling fans. No matter how bad of a product WWE is producing they are still WWE and fans feel that the ENTERTAINMENT is more important than anything else that's going on. They are ignorant towards TNA because they don't want to make the change, they don't want to think of another wrestling company out there. And yes, these are the same fans that never switched to WCW for the Monday Night Wars. These are the same fans who popped for the degrading WWE attitude era product that saw Sable prancing around in body paint, the McMahon family feud, Katie Vick, and best of all... Mae Young giving birth to a hand.

Unfortunately, these fans will never be fixed because they are too caught up on WWE's product being the only product they care about. These are the fans who pay to see a 4 hour pay-per-view filled with less than 2 hours worth of matches.

TNA has made some pretty silly mistakes over their 10 years in the business, and because they are a young company they still have to pay the price of people remembering those mistakes. As a wrestling fan, I am quite happy with the direction that they are going in now and I feel that if they keep on the role they are on right now with going live and having a lot less scripted parts, you're going to see more of the 2 branded wrestling fans prefering TNA over WWE and that will make a big difference for ratings and exposure.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
OP is an obnoxious TNA mark but I'll still put in my thoughts. TNA has a very bad reputation, they need to put up great programming for years if they want the general mind to consider them great, WCW was owning WWF qualitywise way before they started one-upping them in the ratings department. And honestly, TNA isn't that good right now, WWE has just become bad for the most part in the recent months but that doesn't make TNA must see TV just because the competition is inconsistent (and not too bad overall if you take both RAW and SD into consideration, they still compete with TNA quality wise and own them regularily except the last few weeks), having a roster full of FCW robots and noname indy vanilla midgets with no personality or charisma (not talking about bigtime indy players like Moxley, Castignoli and D Bryan who are real gems).

Basically, if you swapped the TNA with the WWE roster, WWE would be doing 4.0s while TNA would be out of business. The thing WWE has always been better than TNA however are storylines, big time, big match feel, atmosphere, presentation which negates all the positives of TNA having superior talent may have.

Reactions: Brisbayne

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The thing WWE has always been better than TNA however are storylines, big time, big match feel, atmosphere, presentation which negates all the positives of TNA having superior talent may have.
TNA can actually do "big match feel", look at the promos for Roode/Storm at Lockdown, they were absolutely immense, far better than anything WWE has done for a long time, that was a great build up. Which brings me to the next point, presentation. I totally agree with you there, all the build up for that match was wasted when they walked out at Lockdown into what looked like some run-down high school gym in some awful hick town.

That's the one thing TNA desperately needs to sort out, and I'll admit it actually put me off at first. It's partly down to money yes, but sometimes it just comes off as lazy. I mean if they can afford to put together these amazing promo videos then they can afford to have a few seconds gap between entrance music, or buy bigger mats for outside the ring. It's silly stuff like that which annoys me.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The mind boggles "TNA has a very bad reputation" fpalm I can't say what I think the real reason is because this thread will get closed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
People's reasoning here is retarded. How can anyone hate a company where a homegrown talent, that's the total package in Robert Roode has been having the best TNA World title reign in the company's history? As well as Austin Aries? Yeah they have their share of bullshit but hell so does WWE. No wrestling company is perfect.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
TNA can actually do "big match feel", look at the promos for Roode/Storm at Lockdown, they were absolutely immense, far better than anything WWE has done for a long time, that was a great build up. Which brings me to the next point, presentation. I totally agree with you there, all the build up for that match was wasted when they walked out at Lockdown into what looked like some run-down high school gym in some awful hick town.

That's the one thing TNA desperately needs to sort out, and I'll admit it actually put me off at first. It's partly down to money yes, but sometimes it just comes off as lazy. I mean if they can afford to put together these amazing promo videos then they can afford to have a few seconds gap between entrance music, or buy bigger mats for outside the ring. It's silly stuff like that which annoys me.
Honestly, I don't want to write an essay once more about why Roode/Storm was the opposite of a bigtime feud and why Storm sucks, and the Lockdown buyrate (the lowest sold Lockdown in the history) agrees with that, there's just not that much potential in a feud between those two guys. When I think about bigtime match, I think of Taker/HHH, Cena/Lesnar or Cena/Rock, I think we can both agree that the starpower in those matches is far bigger than anything TNA could do, but even WWE sucks at creating new stars hence why all those matchups are made up of Cena, and former legends. It's gotta be a hard road to create new megastars, especially in TNA.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.