Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do people watch TNA these days?

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Arya Dark 
#1 ·
I'm not posting this as a means to troll or anything if the title sounded a little like that.

I stopped watching TNA around the time Bound For Glory was coming up so that must have been around October time I think. Have I missed much? Is the whole Fortune/Immortal thing really good? Is TNA pushing younger guys alot more? Is the X Division still alive? etc Basically how is do you think TNA is at the moment?

The main reason I stopped watching was mainly due to the ridiculous stuff with Jarrett issuing MMA challenges, 'killing' Samoa Joe etc. Also this whole EV2 thing got on my nerves a bit.

What I did like when I was watching was MCMG's/Beer Money excellent tag-matches in what I believe was some kind of best-of series if I remember correctly? I also remember Lethal and Flair's promos together, the way Flair would go red like a tomato, rip of yet another perfectly good jacket and proceed to elbow drop it followed by a hissy-fit on the floor like a toddler in a supermarket had me in stitches.

So what I'm basically asking is what TNA is like these days? Do you like it? Why? Have I missed much? What are the knockout's like now? How is Hardy doing as a heel? etc

What do you think of TNA right now and why do you watch it?

See less See more
#10 ·
Talent. Sexy Knockouts. Solid Wrestling. Flair. Steiner.

#14 ·
TNA should be exploiting WWE's PG-rating limitations but they don't do that effectively either. I think TNA have angled it so that their main garbage (hardcore) wrestler Abyss is sidelined indefinitely with a kayfabe injury when they should be making the most of him. I will admit, Abyss calling his weapon 'Janice' is quite a good touch.

I'm surprised TNA haven't created a couple of hardcore factions based on these wrestlers. Call one 'Straightjacket Sanity' and the other 'Blood Brothers' or something...

The most controversial thing I saw on TNA was the aftermath of a haircut match when Raven got his head shaved with clippers. Due to a genuine mistake made by 'The Sinister Minister' James Mitchell, The clipper blades were unprotected so they were shaving not only Raven's head but skin off his scalp too, it was pretty sick. Maybe the promoters could concentrate on those kind of moments.

While TNA are at it, get their knockouts to do something sexy and provocative once in a while, break down those barriers and make TNA earn that 18 certificate.

#13 ·
I think wrestling fans are generally very idealistic. If they see a PPV card (from any company) they usually hope that it will deliver what it says.

TNA's PPVs on paper usually sound interesting but they don't tell you how those matches will play out.

For example, I bought TNA's Hard Justice 2010 and, on paper, it looked pretty good.

Kurt Angle vs Sting vs 'The Blueprint' Matt Morgan

Booker T and Scott Steiner vs Team 3D (no dq)

Mick Foley vs Kevin Nash (legends match)

'The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero vs Suicide vs Alex Shelley vs Chris Sabin vs Jay Lethal vs Consequences Creed vs Daniels vs Amazing Red (steel asylum match)

I was looking forward to this but the only match that delivered was the steel asylum match. I guess Homicide vs Samoa Joe was okay-ish but then I was expecting that to be a complete squash. Beer Money Inc vs British Invasion was sloppy and the less said about ODB and Cody ****** vs The Beautiful People for the women's belt the better (mixed tag match).

Hernandez vs Big Rob wasn't really a match.

Now, people might think I am a TNA basher and favour WWE but it makes no sense to be loyal to one company because you miss out on so much otherwise. The truth is TNA are not stepping up to the plate. They need to simplify everything and come up with something that is at least interesting and makes sense if not original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.