Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has baffled me recently. It seems to me that a lot of people on here seemed to have wanted an Orton/Cena main event, particularly for Wrestlemania.

My question is...why would you want this horrible thing? Sure, Cena and Orton can sell tickets like nobody else nowadays (a sad commentary in an of itself) but they're kinda boring.

It'll be such a predictable match. Orton'll beat Cena down for half the match, then the 2nd half will just be them avoiding and/or reversing one of each others' 5 moves of doom until the kids in the audience all have joygasms from it, then they'll start kicking out of each other's finishers until eventually Cena wins.

Call me crazy if you will, but I'd prefer to NOT have to sit through this as the Main Event of Wrestlemania.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Indeed, it would be incredibly boring. They have wrestled so many times over the last 2 years, I have zero interest in this. The ONLY way it could have worked is if Cena turned heel on Orton and joined the Nexus, but that shipped has sailed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i havent been here long but i havent seen hardly anyone who wants this match, most posts i read about cena and/or orton are bashing them (deservedly so)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I don't it just sad attempt from wwe to recreate the rock austin wrestlemania feud, but it comes nowhere close as neither guy has the same charisma especially orton both guys also don't have good chemistry with each other it's been done to death but rock austin faced each other many times but their was excitement when they faced off they made it special.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
One big NO to Orton/Cena.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
I think it's more that people are resigned to it than actually asking for it or hoping for it.
This. Cena and Orton are the company's two biggest stars, who have put on hit or miss matches during their long feud, but have never had a singles WM match against each other.

Cena Vs. Orton is more interesting than anything they have to offer right now (Cena Vs. Miz, Cena Vs. Helmsley, Cena Vs. Barrett, Cena Vs. Sheamus, Helmsley Vs. Sheamus) with the exception of Cena Vs. Undertaker, which should rightfully be saved for Wrestlemania 28 or 30.

- Vic

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
Because they are two biggest stars of this generation. Because they have awesome chemistry. Because the crowd are always full-on into their matches. You can call them predictable, but almost all their matches tell incredible stories. We caught a glimpse of face Orton vs face Cena earlier this year and it was different, with this time Orton seeming to be the one on top. I think there are still two feuds left between these two. One with both of them as face and the one after that with Cena as heel. Face Orton vs Heel Cena would be huge.

·
Banned
177 Posts
only crazy kids fans wants that

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i don't wanna see another hunk of shit match between these 2.

wwe makes it so obvious that they want this to seem special and shit with all the standoffs they have made them do, works better when you have people with the attitude and charisma to make a feud great, not these 2.

i didn't see anything in their old matches to make me want to see more, actually their old matches made me never want to see them against each other again. orton is boring as fuck, and cena turns everything into a stupid ass joke. no thanks.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
I don' mind Cena/Orton at WM.

They have a chemistry together when in the ring. Some of their matches are a miss but the majority of them are a hit. They work gimmick matches really well IMO. Breaking Point 2009, Bragging Rights. But they even have good wrestling matches like Summerslam 2007 and No Way Out 2008.

If built right Cena/Orton will sell big at Mania. It's gonna sell big with a shitty build but a intense, climatic build will sell even bigger.

Cena/Orton are like The Rock/Austin of this generation. Simply put. The only thing that has stopped these two from that true Rock/Austin feel is a really intense build. But then again, was Rock/Austin build to WM17 really all that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts