Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading so many posts about Magnus which suppose him to turn heel and be Dixie's corporate champion. So why should they do that? You people are bitching about them copying a WWE storyline from 2011 and now you want them to do a storyline WWE is doing right now with The Authority?

I think you people really love to bitch, that's the only reason you want Magnus as corporate champ, isn't it?

For me he should lose the tournament final and then earn a shot for Lockdown where he should win the title only for AJ to walk in...

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Well there are only two options to win the tournament so it's either Roode or Magnus turning heel to win and I think people would be fine with either. It's going to copy WWE anyway since AJ is going to come back to challenge whoever is champ so who cares about that.

EC3's not becoming champ because he'll be in a feud with Sting and that really doesn't need the title.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well there are only two options to win the tournament so it's either Roode or Magnus turning heel to win and I think people would be fine with either. It's going to copy WWE anyway since AJ is going to come back to challenge whoever is champ so who cares about that.

EC3's not becoming champ because he'll be in a feud with Sting and that really doesn't need the title.
My problem is that the same people who want Magnus to be Dixie's corporate champ will bitch about it afterwards. I think the AJ storyline is pretty much different from Punk's. AJ actually does defend the title and I don't expect him to be back until Lockdown so I think Magnus should win it then to feud with AJ for a small time but lose.

Afterwards he should go on and win the BFG Series 2014 to become champ at BFG. That would be a hell of a year for Magnus in a tweener kind of role. I just don't want to see the exact same storyline on both TNA and WWE...

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
My problem is that the same people who want Magnus to be Dixie's corporate champ will bitch about it afterwards. I think the AJ storyline is pretty much different from Punk's. AJ actually does defend the title and I don't expect him to be back until Lockdown so I think Magnus should win it then to feud with AJ for a small time but lose.

Afterwards he should go on and win the BFG Series 2014 to become champ at BFG. That would be a hell of a year for Magnus in a tweener kind of role. I just don't want to see the exact same storyline on both TNA and WWE...
But whoever wins the title now is going to be built as Dixie's champ and will face AJ at Lockdown to unify the titles so it might be a decent time to built Magnus up as a heel for the match before AJ comes back around late Jan./early Feb. to build the match. I'd be fine with either Roode or heel Magnus with the title being Dixie's champ until AJ comes back to finish the feud. There's nothing to do about unification being in both companies unless WWE either finishes theirs quickly or drops it since TNA is locked into their part.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Fuck Magnus. He was one of my favorites until they started a new idea to push guys by just telling us they're awesome as opposed to letting them just be awesome. Now they've ruined his character by trying so desperately to get him over.

And if he turns heel, I'll quit watching altogether more than likely. Unless AJ comes back and still portrays the hardass character and EC3 continues to squash the hell out of Shark Boy. Then maybe I'd keep watching.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Why should they do that... Sigh I'll bite.

TNA needs a new direction. It's been spinning it's wheels trying to set up a major draw for years. They tried with Hardy, Hulk, Sting, even Aries... But politics, BFG series, Aces and 8s and all sorts of stuff just keeps getting in the way. They did a pretty good job with Roode's heel reign but he hasn't been near the top for a while. TNA need to steady the ship and need to put this whole out of nowhere AJ storyline make sense.

Dixie is now the new heel GM it was the best thing the company could do I think when Hulk Hogan left, couldn't be paid what he wanted, whatever. Having her come in as his replacement works well. Now she needs is her corporate Champion. Just like WWE did with the Rock at the Survivor Series ppv in 1998. Is time to steady the ship and put the title on someone who is big, is actually in really great shape, has poster boy good looks and can carry himself well on the microphone.

Due to his size compared to the rest of the roster he looks legit to be Champ.

OP talks about bitching when I think he's the one doing the bitching. Magnus is the best choice for this storyline, and if they fuck it up and go with Angle because of his HOF storyline that's when I'll bitch.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Thing is, they can turn Magnus heel without making him a corporate champ.

They could have him reach the WHC tournament finals (probably against Roode) then they could have Dixie somehow hotshot EC3 over him (after all, that's the point of EC3's character isn't it? Dixie does the booking so he can win).

That could lead to Magnus getting disillusioned about "playing by the rules" and set him off on a "do whatever it takes/no more Mr Nice Guy" role. He'd be a heel but he'd be against Dixie.That does make kayfabe sense - what is the point of EC3 if it's NOT to be Dixie's corporate champ?.

Then they could then have a brief EC3/heel Magnus feud before they have AJ come back. That would only take a few weeks - maybe have heel Magnus end the feud by winning at the UK taping then blam! AJ's back with the real title....

Magnus winning the new title then AJ coming to the ring to stare down Magnus would be a Hell of a way to round off the London taping.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That could lead to Magnus getting disillusioned about "playing by the rules" and set him off on a "do whatever it takes/no more Mr Nice Guy" role. He'd be a heel but he'd be against Dixie.That does make kayfabe sense - what is the point of EC3 if it's NOT to be Dixie's corporate champ?.

Magnus winning the new title then AJ coming to the ring to stare down Magnus would be a Hell of a way to round off the London taping.
The reason this wouldn't happen because Dixie is a business woman. Kayfabe or not if EC3 is your corporate champ a lot of the fans will be driven away which means less money for Dixie.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
True, but it would only need to be for a month or so. Look at the Roode turn - they went from Roode losing, to Storm winning, to Roode beating Storm in the space of 3 shows (2 weeks).

If they had a solid 3 or 4 weeks of promos etc to establish Magnus as being the guy who was going to do what it takes to get the title back off EC3 (especially if they set a deadline, like "I will get that title in London in 4 weeks and blah blah"), while EC3 and Dixie just build up some nice heel heat in the interim, it would work.

I agree it would need a deadline, though, as it would give fans something to look forward to rather than thinking, "What? They made that guy champ!?"

EDIT: I'm only thinking out loud, anyway. The problem with the above scenario is that it effectively sidelines Dixie once EC3 loses. I suspect they'll just turn Magnus heel and Dixie will have him as corporate champ. I just really hope that that doesn't lead to yet another damn TNA stable - if Dixie has Magnus and EC3 on her side, it could be the beginning of one. Erg...

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
Thing is, they can turn Magnus heel without making him a corporate champ.

They could have him reach the WHC tournament finals (probably against Roode) then they could have Dixie somehow hotshot EC3 over him (after all, that's the point of EC3's character isn't it? Dixie does the booking so he can win).

Then they could then have a brief EC3/heel Magnus feud before they have AJ come back. That would only take a few weeks - maybe have heel Magnus end the feud by winning at the UK taping then blam! AJ's back with the real title....

I find your Magnus-EC3 idea pretty intriguing, I would love to see that happen. But TNA doesn't have the brain power booking-wise to do that. lol

As for the OP, people want Magnus for Corporate champ out of necessity more than anything. It's not the most exciting guy but he fits the bill as a young guy with a hot body and ambition that someone like Dixie would go for(cause of his look).

But other than Magnus, Angle, Roode and EC3, who would make a good Corporate champ?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I'm looking forward to the weeks all of you are going to bitch about Magnus becoming corporate champ and TNA copying WWE! They cou.d just have Angle or Hardy win the title as a face and then go on to lose it to tweener/heel Magnus at Lockdown only for AJ to walk in. I think Magnus should win the title in the UK or preferably at Lockdown rather than Final Resolution. Give an established star the belt for 3 months to build Magnus/AJ...just no corporate champ, please!

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Swag.

New face usually appeases the masses towards a company who for the longest time "wouldn't pull the trigger" in that area.

He has his fans.

Not Kurt Angle.

Take your pick. I'd say the fourth choice is the strongest reason.

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
I want EC3 as Corporate Champ, it would make sense.
I had this dream that hardy won the tournament and dixie came out "teddy long style" and announced one more competitor. Similar to how JBL was screwed out of the smackdown title. EC3 comes out and flattens a vulnerable hardy and wins the new WHC

Book it

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Swag.

New face usually appeases the masses towards a company who for the longest time "wouldn't pull the trigger" in that area.

He has his fans.

Not Kurt Angle.

Take your pick. I'd say the fourth choice is the strongest reason.
I still don't think he is ready, he doesn't have any heel heat or experience. Besides he will be cheered in the UK as a heel hence he should stay face/tweener for UK and maybe earn a World title shot for Lockdown in London to turn in to a heel-tweener afterwards. At Lockdown he can go on to win the title only to see AJ walk in to end the show. That would give him some much needed heat and we will have a credible champ for 3 months who would put Magnus over!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had this dream that hardy won the tournament and dixie came out "teddy long style" and announced one more competitor. Similar to how JBL was screwed out of the smackdown title. EC3 comes out and flattens a vulnerable hardy and wins the new WHC

Book it
I like this idea too although we would still have a corporate champ and I think that is not the way to go at least not with Magnus!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts