Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is TNA constantly bashed for not being on WWE's level after only being around 10 years but never do you see a person mock ROH or CZW for not being as big as WWE when those two company have been around longer than TNA. People tend to forget that WWE has been around for 50 years and was the number 2 promotion up until late 1998 when the ratings turned in WWE's favor. So why do people constantly say TNA is a failure because they haven't gotten close to overcoming WWE and becoming the number 1 promotion in the world after only being around 10 years but ROH & CZW aren't considered failures also

·
Is a Snit Head
22,214 Posts
CZW is an indy company that doesn't try to be anything more than that. They don't have a huge backer like TNA does and they just go and put on 1 show a month.

ROH is a little bigger but they still don't have anywhere close to the resources that TNA has. They're trying to expand and it appears to be going fairly well but they don't have a TV deal like TNA and they don't have anywhere near the name or brand recognition that TNA has.

I try to look at it as what each company has been able to do with their available resources. ROH and CZW started with very little and both are bigger than when they started and I think they're both pretty much at the peak of where they can go. TNA had a lot more to start with and I feel like they could have been able to do a lot more with all the resources that they've had over the years.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
Meh, I don't see TNA as failures at all.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
TNA isn't a failure as a company, they're just failing at capitalizing on opportunities. They seem to be on the right track now, but time will tell.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
I don't think TNA is a failure at all but it's unfair to compare their "success" with CZW and ROH because those two promotions aren't trying to be what TNA is trying to be. Which is (or should be) a legitimate, viable alternative to WWE.

I don't think their a failure as a promotion, they're just struggling to achieve their goal, which in the current state of professional wrestling in the US doesn't mean much.

·
Premium Member
44,377 Posts
Well you can view them as a creative failure if you so desire, and at certain points of their history, I'd be willing to agree with you.

But they've survived 10 years. Gotta give them props for that.

·
Banned
407 Posts
the excuse for TNA being around for just 10 years and WWE for 50 is lame.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
They have made it longer than the original ECW did, so gotta at least give them credit for that. TNA has come a long ways from the weekly PPV NWA days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.