Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Two different things. Two entirely different things. One is a shoot. One is a work. Both involved time.

This is the 21st century. People are moving. Things are happening. My home has over 900 channels. Factor in a social life, working out, and work..TV shows have to CONVINCE ME to give them the time of day. Why should I watch Impact on Thursday night? People want to know what they are investing their time in. Too many times in the past have I dedicated time out of my day/schedule to watch wrestling and the show fucking sucks so bad that I feel as though I wasted my time. If there is something on Impact that peaks my interest I will make sure to tune in, but if the show has a Garett Bischoff vs. Shannon Moore main event I know to avoid it. Not the entire show, but to cherry pick.

That's what it all comes down to. People love pro wrestling and are fans, but they are fans of certain aspects. I watch Raw when I get to work every Tuesday and you know what I do...I take a 1 hour 30 plus minute show and watch it (for the most part) in 30 minutes or less. How? Because I don't care about Cody Rhodes, Big Show, Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoneix, Randy Orton, Kane, and tons of others...so when they are on my screen...I fastforward.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Seems kind of dumb to read them to be honest. I mean when I watch wrestling I want to enjoy it to the max and considering wrestling is often based off of a suprise factor reading spoilers takes way from the experience. To each their own I guess.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
because IMPACT isn't live yet.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I want to see if the episode is worth my time.
This is what it boils down to for most people. TNA has such a shoddy record that very few fans will blindly turn into Impact. I don't want to jizz my pants in hearing that there is going to be an Angle/RVD main event and then spend 2 hours in front of the TV only for the mainevent to go 3 minutes. I want to read that shit 3 days in advance so I can just catch it on Friday morning or on TNA's youtube afterwards.

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
This is what it boils down to for most people. TNA has such a shoddy record that very few fans will blindly turn into Impact. I don't want to jizz my pants in hearing that there is going to be an Angle/RVD main event and then spend 2 hours in front of the TV only for the mainevent to go 3 minutes. I want to read that shit 3 days in advance so I can just catch it on Friday morning or on TNA's youtube afterwards.
Agree completely. Been burned too many times to not find out if it's worth the time.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Some read it by curiosity, others already have their opinion made just need to search for the words "hogan" or "garrett".

"The show is going to suck because of A and B, A is stealing the spotlight meanwhile B is being overpushed. In conclusion the whole company sucks because these 2 were on my TV."

Reactions: Scavo and Matt_Yoda

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two different things. Two entirely different things. One is a shoot. One is a work. Both involved time.

This is the 21st century. People are moving. Things are happening. My home has over 900 channels. Factor in a social life, working out, and work..TV shows have to CONVINCE ME to give them the time of day. Why should I watch Impact on Thursday night? People want to know what they are investing their time in. Too many times in the past have I dedicated time out of my day/schedule to watch wrestling and the show fucking sucks so bad that I feel as though I wasted my time. If there is something on Impact that peaks my interest I will make sure to tune in, but if the show has a Garett Bischoff vs. Shannon Moore main event I know to avoid it. Not the entire show, but to cherry pick.

That's what it all comes down to. People love pro wrestling and are fans, but they are fans of certain aspects. I watch Raw when I get to work every Tuesday and you know what I do...I take a 1 hour 30 plus minute show and watch it (for the most part) in 30 minutes or less. How? Because I don't care about Cody Rhodes, Big Show, Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoneix, Randy Orton, Kane, and tons of others...so when they are on my screen...I fastforward.
Lol, that was such an amazingly American answer, I love it.

I get what you are saying, but I feel my point stands. If you know what is going to happen, then why watch it? Lets face it, wrestling matches usually follow a pretty set pattern. Without a story you are just watching two big blokes grabbing each other. The whole point of any TV show is that it is a story that works from a beginning to an end. If you know the end, then it ruins the whole story.

I get that you don't want to watch AJ v Kaz v Daniels for the hundredth time, but if you know how all the matches turn out, and what all the progressions in storylines are, then you might as well not bother watching it.

Just my opinion. I think a lot of people just read spoilers so they can get onto the internet and bitch about it five days in advance, or judge the show without bothering to watch it. Its only two hours, unless you live some sort of superhuman life where you leave the house at 6am and don't come back until 11pm 7 days a week, then at some point in your week you will have two hours free to watch a program.

I don't know. If I don't like a show, I don't watch it. I don't just tune in for the fight scene half way through, then turn it off and complain that the rest of the program is rubbish.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
If I knew what the score was going to be before I went to the football, I wouldn't bother going.
good, maybe if football goes under then schools wont be such f^^^ing cultural wastelands

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
at the moment i cant watch Impact on tv and if i can i watch it on the net, but because of life i cant always watch it so sometimes its easier to just quickly check the results

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The only thing that spoilers really kill IMO are surprises. Some of the biggest moments in pro wrestling were based off of surprises so one can argue that that aspect of wrestling is gone. Otherwise, if a show gets good feedback and/or strong prior advertising, people will attract towards it spoilers or not. There may be a chunk of the audience not watching taped airings of Impact, but you have to remember that there is an entire segment of viewers unaccounted for when determining overall viewership for shows.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
If I knew what the score was going to be before I went to the football, I wouldn't bother going.
If football games were aired a couple days after they were played then what would you do? You'd read the results and then maybe watch the game when it was aired. That's the way I handle TNA.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's a bad habbit for me. I know I shouldn't but I really can't help it.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
It doesn't. If the product is good people will watch no matter what. If the product is bad not so much.
if people read a spoiler and think it sucks they will not watch

if they tune in to watch without reading a spoiler they will keep watching to see if it gets any better

1 - 20 of 34 Posts