Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a number of people voice rather nasty opinions about the guy, and while he does strike me as someone I wouldn't want to share a beer with, I was wondering the exact nature of the hate.

Are we talking Rob Black sleezebag hatred, or has he gotten a reputation for cheating workers?

Just curious.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,491 Posts
Just a completely rotten man that gives indy wrestling a bad name. Truly lives up to the "carnie" legacy.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
People generally hate scumbags.... So they hate Ian Rotten.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Try find a video for the Mike Levy incident,couldn't find it on youtube but there's various videos of people giving their thoughts about it. Rotten is the ringleader of the whole incident and it turns my stomach everytime I see that picece of shit since. Even though I despised him before that.

Anyone else remember the radio call in interview that Rotten did where he got torn to pieces.:lmao Excellent stuff. JC Bailey's Dad rang in with numerous others to give Rotten a piece of their mind. I think I recall them saying Rotten turned up unwanted to Bailey's funeral and had the stupid audacity to ask for gas money. fpalm That pretty much sums Rotten up.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
A lot of guys slag him off in shoot interviews saying he was the living embodiment of the sleaze promoter sterotype.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Try find a video for the Mike Levy incident,couldn't find it on youtube but there's various videos of people giving their thoughts about it. Rotten is the ringleader of the whole incident and it turns my stomach everytime I see that picece of shit since. Even though I despised him before that.

Anyone else remember the radio call in interview that Rotten did where he got torn to pieces.:lmao Excellent stuff. JC Bailey's Dad rang in with numerous others to give Rotten a piece of their mind. I think I recall them saying Rotten turned up unwanted to Bailey's funeral and had the stupid audacity to ask for gas money. fpalm That pretty much sums Rotten up.
Yeah Pondo, Billy Gram, Mickie Knuckles & Bull Pain also feature

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Anyone who listens to that interview, try and count how many times the phrase "shoot job at the Taco Bell" is used.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Drugusing womanbeating blackballing wrestlers redneck.

Drugusing aint that bad btw. Another cup of coffee for me.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thanks. Looking at him has always set off my creep-o meter, so I was wondering if he was as bad as he looked. Wikipedia had nothing for me.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,532 Posts
I think it's because of his style of wrestling. He only wrestles hardcore matches, while barely executing any wrestling maneuver. Yet, he is called a wrestler.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
- Doesn't pay guys
- Supposedly had an affair with Mickie Knuckles
- Rips guys off on Benefit shows
- Has sold drugs to wrestlers with serious drug problems eg JC Bailey
- Allegedly beat Mickie Knuckles

Theres more to list but I really can't be bothered
This pretty much sums up why most people dislike him.

Add to that
- Shoots on wrestler in the ring/on the mic (Double Death he shoots on Diehard Dustin Lee) and he beat up Thumbtack Jack backstage at a show for making an offensive remark, same context as Mad Man Pondo's in-show joke at KOTDM2009, not nearly as offensive)
- Apparently has Hep. C yet continues to wrestle in bloody matches while blading himself and others.
- Got wrestling banned from various buildings in the mid-south area due to the nature of the wrestling he promotes.
- Generally a bad promoter (he booked Violent J from ICP a couple days before a show. He wasn't on the flyer. No one outside of the maybe 50 people who read the message board knew he'd be there.. And it probably cost tons to bring him in.)
- He released footage of Mickie Knuckles breaking her leg eventhough he promised he would never release it.

I'm sure there's more but that's from the top of my head.

I'm not sure if that was actually a legit shoot though. I have read alot of articles about that event as I'm really interested in it and there's alot of different information flying around surrounding that. This is a small piece I saved from somebody who was there that night. He's pretty reliable as he's written other things on various sites (usually with pics) that show he really did what he said and was where he said where he was. Believe it or not but this is what he wrote sometime in 2009 I think:

"I was there live. I was parked right next to Mike Levy and his friends. So here's some facts, since there's a lot of flat out bullcrap in that write up:

* Mike Levy was not flown in. He was not booked for the tournament. He drove in to see KOTDM with two of his friends. When several girls no-showed, he voulenteered to work the QOTDM and Smart Mark Video's Mike Burns vouched for him.

* Tank and Devon Moore did not "full force stomp" him. If the 400+ pound Tank "full force stomped" him, he would be dead. This is simple physics.. Tank actually hurt himself as to NOT kill Mike Levy. The only thing stiff or "real" from Devon OR Tank was Devon's superkick, and Devon throws his superkicks stiff. I've seen him knock out one of his best friends in the biz, Trent Acid, with one of his kicks.

* Most of the "stiff attacks" from Mickie, Mike called himself. I talked to Mike personally, I've talked to Mickie, and I've talked to people in the locker room. The headbutts, Mike called. The stiff weapon shots, Mike called. He wanted to put on a good, stiff, hardcore match to get himself over. The knot on Mickie's head actually came from HER hitting HIM with a stiff headbutt, not the other way around.

* The only person who "stiffed" him was 13 year old John Calvin, who hit him with a stick. If you want to be a deathmatch wrestler, and can't take a kid hitting you with a stick, you're in the wrong biz. If you think Pondo "stiffed" him or tried to hurt him, by suplexing him, where Mike Levy CLEARLY jumps for it, or the cancer ridden Rollin Hard "stiffed" him by putting him in an underwear STF, then you're an idiot.

This whole thing is blown way out of proportion by people who just don't understand "wrestling is fake" and want to believe everything they see. If it was a real beatdown, Mike Levy would not have hung out for the rest of the day, and night, and watched the KOTDM night show. He would not have gone BACK TO THE LOCKER ROOM after the match to get cleaned up and changed. He would have left. and called the cops. Police were NEVER involved. I can say this with certainty, because I was at the venue until like an hour and a half after the show ended, when the only people still at the venue were Devon Moore, Mickie Knuckles, Ian and his wife, and Vince Jones, as well as me and my friends. "

So there's alot of different information. He says there was no police involved while a quick Google search says there in fact was police involved. Idk that QOFTDM was a weird event anyway.

EDIT: Another thing that I just thought of, the above quote says Mike Levy hung around after the event, while Mickie Knuckles (think it was her), said in that radio show Mike Levy had to quickly leave the arena because people backstage were ready to beat the fuck outta him or something like that.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Levy got assaulted by a bunch of cowardly scumbags while a handful of bloodthirsty white trash morons hosed their shorts. If he was in on it, he's one sorry mark.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.