Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a wrestling example people can say "I like this wrestler, much better than this wrestler", I see it all the time on this forum, twitter, anywhere online, why? Is comparisons the only way for praise to be reflected? I just feel like it's an excuse to bash something or someone. Wonder Woman was great, much better than the trash Captain Marvel.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Comparisons have long been thought to be the tool of the intelligent when discussing subjective matters

It's also a a popular theory among high level academics, that the more simpler among us get very frustrated with comparisons on subjective subjects because they're unable to process at a similar level to the comparison makers

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It's like comparing Scott Steiner to Einstein. We all know Steiner could discover how black holes are made while working out. It's all about the peaks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
In a wrestling example people can say "I like this wrestler, much better than this wrestler", I see it all the time on this forum, twitter, anywhere online, why? Is comparisons the only way for praise to be reflected? I just feel like it's an excuse to bash something or someone. Wonder Woman was great, much better than the trash Captain Marvel.
AEW fans do this with Impact despite despite AEW being complete trash. It's funny

·
Hardcore Casual
834 Posts
It's a human tendency to elevate one's own subjective interest by deriding others'. Take for example, music. There are a ton of fan bases that try to elevate their idols using rankism. Even though enjoyment of music is completely subjective, people still try to compare sales, revenue, pop culture relevance etc. and make a declaration of who's "best."

And those are usually the most tiresome people. Like, I don't give a fuck if Hogan drew more than the rest of the roster combined; I don't enjoy most of his work. I also don't give a shit that Beyonce has countless more accolades than her peers--her music isn't for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts