Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jerry Lawler is 100x worse. At least Cole can be an entertaining heel at times, Lawler has no personality, and his ass kissery of the faces seems so forced.

How does this asshole still have a job?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
People complain about both. It can at least be said that Lawler was good at one time whereas Cole has always been awful.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He lost his intensity and is a shell of his former self. Is it because of his age or he just lost his desire, idk but he doesn't bring anything to the announcing desk atm. The thing is he has a long history with Vince and will probably have the job as long as he wants. I heard he makes like a quarter of a million per year and doesn't do anything but call Raw's and PPV's, and in meantime wrestles on the indies.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Lawler is atrocious these days. Used to be so good too.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Everyone will say "Bring Striker back to commentary!", if they leave.

Fact:
Striker is shit at commentary.

Insert the guys 'smartass gimmick' smartass line about smartass moves. No casual wants to hear it, that's why he's not on commentary.

Instead, I vote...

FOR REGAL AND MAXINE.

·
Registered
372 Posts
What else do you expect? The guy says he's only there for the paycheck. He lacks the passion someone like Striker has.

Michael Cole on the other hand has been bearable the last few months, he doesn't hog the spotlight anymore.

Replace King with Reagal and Raw will get a lot better

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Lawler was great as a heel announcer, but he just doesn't cut it for me as a face/tweener.

On the other hand, Cole is just horrible. He adds no excitement what so ever to the show. I miss JR.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
I'd be happy with Cole & Regal, it's just whether they'll let an Englishman be the voice of an American show.

Either way Lawler definitely needs to go, I was hoping he was on his way out last year when he had his Wrestlemania match against Cole.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Lawler is better as a heel, but I say get them both off my TV. Put Booker on RAW and Regal on Smackdown, and let Matthews work both shows.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
*Cena goes for a crossface on Lord Tensai*

Cole - "STF! Cena with the STF! Cena with the STF locked in!"

However, I do agree somewhat OP. Michael Cole was a fucking outstanding heel in 2011 by today's standards, especially during his feud with Lawler leading up to WrestleMania 27.

Edit-

Still, as hilarious as he is sometimes, Booker T is the WWE's worst commentator. Not Micheal Cole.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
*Cena goes for a crossface on Lord Tensai*

Cole - "STF! Cena with the STF! Cena with the STF locked in!"
:lol
I was going to make a thread on that.

I guess Cole couldn't call it the crossface for obvious reasons, but didn't know what else to say.

It was meant to look like the finish of the match so saying "WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SUBMISSION HOLD CENA HAS TENSAI LOCKED IN HERE RIGHT NOW!" Wouldn't quite cut it unless you're JR.

In his defence.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cole is great, but i think he should just be on raw. Maybe bring back Joey Styles in some shape or form on commentary.

OHHHHHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I love Michael cole, I think he's great at commentary. He's funny, informative and interesting. Much better than Lawler that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
What aggravates me about Cole sometimes, is that he either doesn't know the name of the moves, or calls them by the wrong name. :no: :lol

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Cole is great. Anyone who says anything bad about Cole either:

A. Too young to have experienced his work back on Smackdown

B. Never watched Smackdown back then for whatever reason

C. Can't understand the type of character he is now playing.

Often people criticise him for no selling or whatever. When Cole played the face announcer on Smackdown he did a fantastic job and sold events amazingly well. He sold the shit out of a monster heel giving a face the beatdown at times. Now however he is heel, it makes no sense to react like that. He is either taking the piss, being sarcastic or silent if something dramatic happens because over selling would make him more of a face. Cole is and always has been a great commentator. Lawler is the root of the problem. This guy is straight up HORRIBLE.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well, he probably doesnt enjoy it as much anymore like the old days and probably does it for the paycheck. He was a lot better as a Heel though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts