Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me personally.. i hope they get good enough ratings to keep spike putting money into them... (maybe 2.0s)

Id rather them have the best product of all time (long shot) than be getting 5-6 ratings like wwf/wcw did.

Remember if they ever go head to head with WWE again.. somebody has to lose. Dixie Carter cant out think Vince Mcmahon.. Bischoff MAYBE.. but Bischoff doesnt have the power he did in WCW.

Just remember when there's a "war" only one company will be left standing.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
competition will force WWE to make a better product

·
Registered
462 Posts
Me personally.. i hope they get good enough ratings to keep spike putting money into them... (maybe 2.0s)

Id rather them have the best product of all time (long shot) than be getting 5-6 ratings like wwf/wcw did.

Remember if they ever go head to head with WWE again.. somebody has to lose. Dixie Carter cant out think Vince Mcmahon.. Bischoff MAYBE.. but Bischoff doesnt have the power he did in WCW.

Just remember when there's a "war" only one company will be left standing.
It's not about being huge it's about putting out a great product the problem with that is that the only way you will ever get the best is with competition. Its stupid to just want the company to exist just for the sake of existence. You basically said you want them to be good enough to score a 2.0 but mediocre enough that they never do better then that so they can exist. I mean granted I would prefer right now if ROH, TNA, and the WWE could all share the TV screen and maybe your right growing huge puts a target on their back and could ultimately cause them to go out of business but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to grow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I care because I want to see these guys performing in front of bigger and different crowds. They've got some quality guys who can put on great matches, and they deserve a bigger audience.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I care because I want to see these guys performing in front of bigger and different crowds. They've got some quality guys who can put on great matches, and they deserve a bigger audience.
^this^

It pisses me off to see legends like Flair, Anlge and Foley and awesome TNA guys like Joe performing in front of such shitty crowds, they should be packing arenas.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
A time will come when wrestling is considered 'cool' again. Don't know when but it will happen. When it does, I'm sure TNA will start to be able to compete with WWE.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I just want it to get big because Anderson got kicked out of WWE and I want to see him performing in a company that matters again. ~_~

·
The Dynasty
473 Posts
If TNA doesn't succeed, that's going to suck for the wrestling fan. They need each other to strive to do better then what the other show is doing. I believe the consensus of TNA fans want TNA to become a well oiled, money making machine because we enjoy having the alternative.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Is that the only reason why you want TNA to do better? So the WWE gets better?
competition will force both companies to put out a better product. Everyone benefits, including the viewer

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
i just want the wrestling bureaucratic nightmare to end

·
Registered
593 Posts
I want TNA to do well because I like their product, it has the best roster and I just want them to use it way better. I want them to understand that they can be better as the WWE, not crowd-wise or rating-wise, but I am talking about the product itself. If they do not make the product a WWEv2. Like choosing rating over technical skills and having only their eye candy instead of skilled ko's. And they are going this damn path. I hope they stop.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
A time will come when wrestling is considered 'cool' again. Don't know when but it will happen. When it does, I'm sure TNA will start to be able to compete with WWE.
This. Currently, there isn't room for two companies at the top, purely because wrestling isn't as popular as it was 10-15 years ago. There was enough of a market to tap into for two companies to be at the top. Now, there's only one. If TNA are able to continue, they will eventually be able to challenge WWE.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
None of this train of thought makes sense to me. So people wants WWE to 'get better' and they feel the only way for that to happen is if TNA gets better. So really these aren't TNA fans we are talking to but WWE fans? It makes no sense.

That's like me saying that I want my girlfriend to drop weight so she can motivate my ex girlfriend to drop weight so she can have better sex with her new boyfriend...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't think so. Everything has an end and wrestling already reached the top a few years ago.

·
Registered
255 Posts
TNA already put the best product, they try to reach WWE doing awesome shows but they can't fight a bigger company so i don't care if they get bigger or not. I just want them to continue put good shows that entertain me.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Personally it doesn't really effect me how big TNA becomes; They were never going to compete with Vince when they were on weekly PPV but I found that era entertaining.

They were never going to compete with Vince airing on Friday afternoons on FSN but I watched because I found it entertaining.

They were never going to compete with Vince airing at 11PM on a Saturday night on Spike TV but I watched because I was entertained.

I was a huge ECW fan but Heyman was never going to compete with Vince, his main arena was a bingo hall and he produced his television out of his Mother's basement in Scarlesdale New York while his mother ironed for christ sake.

The point I'm making is as long as it's good and entertaining that's all that matters in fact it's my opinion that it's when TNA started believing in their own mind they could challenge Vince mcMahon and they were somehow competion for WWE that the product began experiencing problems.

If TNA would just admit to themselves their a distant number 2 promotion and focus on putting out an enjoyable product we'd all be better off.

Because no one is ever going to compete with Vince again unless that other promoter's name is Dana White.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts