Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that lot of feminists are saying Men are dogs and we suppressed women for millenia. Why they ignore sacrifices that were made by men?

1. Men fought wars against invaders and made sure their wives stayed at home safe
2. They went out during plagues and diseases and ensure women had food on the table
3. They suffered extreme heat and suffocation in coal mines to build many wonderful things

Men didn't take over the world nor we ever wanted to. But we had no choice. I respect equal rights for women but please respect our sacrifices.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Both my grand parents on my dad's side were in WW2, my grand pa was in the firing line while my grand ma worked in communications answering and transferring phone calls, guess who got the praise? I'll give you a big clue, not the people in the firing line.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
This is the most fragile post ive seen on this site. We all know men have done tons of great things for society. We also know men have done tons of shitty things for society.

It wouldnt fit the feminist agenda to give men props for the good things they do so why would they?

I dont understand why youre so broken up about this. It make no sense to try to make sense of people who operate on the extreme side of any movement

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Difference is, everything positive and negative to happen to men has been because men were in control.

Everything negative that happened to women happened because....men were in control.

Men didn't get together one day and decide women should be allowed to vote. It was women themselves that got them there.
Indeed. And it was men who created the "democratic" system in the first place ... that excluded women, along with people of ethnicities they didn't like, and people of lower social standing. The problems that we have been fighting as a race for the last 100 years are all present due to the closed minded bigotry that was deeply instilled in the minds of the men that created society as we know it.

I'm not here screaming "down with the patriarchy" etc ... This is simply a statement of fact.

So yeah, men have done a lot of good things. But they are also at the root of the sexism and racism we see in society. They have claimed responsibility for inventions, vaccines, discoveries that women and minorities have made throughout history. They have written the involvement of minorities and women out of the wars that OP mentions ...

While I don't agree with the extremists on either side of the debate, you can certainly see why the extremists exist.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,569 Posts
Because (A) the obstacles women had to overcome were created by men, and (B) allotting any credit for men that were allies of the fight for women's rights doesn't fit their 2020 narrative that all White men are the devil unless they're gay/transgendered/god knows what the fuck else.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Because (A) the obstacles women had to overcome were created by men, and (B) allotting any credit for men that were allies of the fight for women's rights doesn't fit their 2020 narrative that all White men are the devil unless they're gay/transgendered/god knows what the fuck else.
Bit over the top there mate. Your point A is basically correct, your point B is so incredibly hysterically strawman it's not worth considering. Assuming you're trolling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts