Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over legit bad ass dudes like Roman Reigns? This is something that boggles my mind. Surely people have to realize that you can't sell somebody like Bryan or Ziggler going toe-to-toe with Brock Lesnar.

·
Registered
394 Posts
More about giving interesting angles that fans like. This is how wwe fails everytime. Reigns would have been accepted if the story was written in a way that intrigued fans. But it just doesn't. Bryan has a better story to show. But wwe refused to use his comeback as a storyline

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,750 Posts
We don't.

We prefer "TALENT", regardless of size. We like people like Ambrose, Harper, Lesnar, Owens, Cesaro, Sandow and Wyatt. Would you call any of them "vanilla midgets"? :rolleyes:

Your statement is just a dumb excuse to try and mask what the hate for guys like Reigns actually stems from.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Dude have you ever had a fucking fight in real life? news flash Goliath doesn't always win, smaller guys overcome raw power with speed and it happens every night outside every bar.

People don't prefer vanilla midgets or spot monkeys at all, what they want is a credible story told in the ring.

That's why Bryan vs Lesnar is the dream match we are been starved of

·
Baby It's Violence
8,666 Posts
If you booking is good enough, you can sell ANYTHING.

And this thread screams bait. We've had other threads on this topic already.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
We don't.

We prefer "TALENT", regardless of size. We like people like Ambrose, Harper, Lesnar, Owens, Cesaro, Sandow and Wyatt. Would you call any of them "vanilla midgets"? :rolleyes:

Your statement is just a dumb excuse to try and mask what the hate for guys like Reigns actually stems from.
:clap Well said.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Yeah because they've done so well with selling Reigns as a legit bad ass who can beat Lesnar, he even almost won tug of war against Lesnar last night

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Roman Reigns push has been sabotaged.

1-Just days before Royal Rumble Vince had him cutting "sufferin succotash" stupid promos, it killed his overness.

2-They completely botched his Royal Rumble victory. They had Daniel Bryan coming off from a injury that could cost him his career, then they just eliminated him from the Rumble like piece of crap, the crowd will be obviously booing everybody in the match including Reigns.

3-The whole feud with Lesnar was all about Paul Heyman, Reigns looked like a irrelevant piece of shit during the whole build.

Daniel Bryan underdog story was much better. They screw up Roman Reigns by making him clearly the golden boy in and out of kayfabe, he has been booked horribly, people just dont have any reason to be behind him other than his fucking family.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
if someone was vanilla ie evan bourne, davy richards etc nobody would give a shit.

anyway its funny in movies and on tv nobody has issues with sarah connor taking down the unstoppable terminator or luke skywalker beating darth vader or rocky beating ivan drago or will smith besting an entire invading alien force..

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
The problem isn't liking them. I've always liked vanilla midgets. Heck, the entire WCW cruiserweight division is my favorite to go back and rewatch. The problem is the little dudes playing with the big dogs. Dean Malenko is my favorite wrestler, bar none. He was perfect as a cold, calculating technical wrestler. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously in the ring with Lesnar. If I can't see The Ice Man as a threat to Brock, I certainly can't see The Yes Man as a threat to Brock.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
This might be closed before I type this (lol) but the jist of Reigns hate is how little he's done solo to justify this spot. I'd dare say Dean is more qualified if you're looking at post-Shield performance.

Roman is fine. But he should honestly be going after the US or IC titles. Swapping spots with Cena or Bryan in those respective matches would work wonders. Nothing with Reigns is organic and fans can see through that. It's nothing personal, but WWE has a list of guys more deserving to be in this spot than Roman. It's up to him to shut up his critics, however. I'll hold off all final judgement for Monday.

·
Here To Show The World.
2,335 Posts
We don't.

Well said, it's about talent. I have watched wrestling for over 25 years, I was a big fan of Hogan, Savage, Taker, Austin, The Rock. Even these days i'm a fan of Wyatt, Cesaro, Bryan, Ziggler, Rollins, Ambrose, Cody Rhodes, Triple H, The Miz, Mizdow, Luke Harper, Sheamus. Guys of all sizes who bring different things to the table, variety is the spice of life, you need guys/divas of all shapes and sizes to make a product truly work. Some people may disagree with my opinion of who is talented and who isn't but my tastes vary. I don't like Reigns because unlike some I simply don't see any talent there, let alone any improvement. I actually feel he has gone backwards since his Shield days if anything. Last but not least, he doesn't come across as a bad ass to me, he comes across like someone who should be in a shampoo advert.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
because they're the "ultimate underdogs" and fans of this era apparently up that gimmick
oh and Reigns may not have the vanilla midget but that doesn't mean hes interesting or highly talented

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
Over legit bad ass dudes like Roman Reigns? This is something that boggles my mind. Surely people have to realize that you can't sell somebody like Bryan or Ziggler going toe-to-toe with Brock Lesnar.
Just out of interest what is ''legit bad ass'' about Roman Reigns?

He has no real fighting experience, his move set is just a few flying clotheslines, kicks or punches and a spear and he also clearly has self confidence issues given that he is so painfully bad at public speaking.

Why is he a legit bad ass?

If he looked like Erik Rowan but had the exact same skill set would you still think he was a bad ass?

:ha No you wouldn't. You just like how he looks. Admit that. Nothing wrong with it.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,666 Posts
Also... I think this thread may have been started by Kevin Nash.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.