Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see trump supporters and right wingers crying about Twitter, Google censorship etc.

My question is why do u guys rely on these liberal platforms to promote your agenda?

I don't see democrats relying on Fox news or Alex Jones to promote their ideas.

Trump supporters should do the same. Quit complaining about Twitter, YouTube etc. Build your own google, your own Twitter.

Discuss.

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
The thing is those aren't liberal platforms. Conservatives media people are just too used to their echo chamber, and get upset that they cannot dominate discussions without being called out for their bad faith arguments.

Btw, I don't think the equivalent counterpoint is democrats going on Fox News but something like democrats and liberals that were against Sinclair broadcasting attempted purchase of Tribune Media to create a 70%+ share on local news. That would have made local news being weaponized to push a political agenda in majority of the American market. Conservative feel the same way about social media which is ridiculous when facebook, Twitter, google, amazon and apple are competitors. Also social media have created so many conservative media people's careers over the years enabling their toxic content. These corporations are only taking actions recently because the consequences might finally hurt their bottomline with lawsuits.

Same people that cry about censorship also blocks users and content they disagree with. So they hypocrisy is deep and the argument is made in bad faith.

·
rasslin
5,597 Posts
I imagine that’s exactly what right wingers are going to start doing.

Trumps banning will likely serve as a warning to the right that they need to get more of a foothold of social media.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I wouldn't view Google as Liberal, Conservative, etc....you can literally search anything on there, it is not exclusive to any political sphere. Twitter, Facebook, etc have many Conservatives and Liberals on there. Hate speech, inciting violence, threats, and Freedom of Expression are different things.

·
Registered
241 Posts
They're not liberal platforms. They/re just platforms. If a majority of people using them are liberal it is only through chance or age. As we age, our population will grow more and more accustomed to social media, to the point it will cease to resemble the young person's playground it is now and will better represent the whole spectrum of views.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Isn't that what they did with Parler, though? And all the big tech banned it? I don't really know what that app was, but I heard it was meant to be their own free speech version of Twitter

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Isn't that what they did with Parler, though? And all the big tech banned it? I don't really know what that app was, but I heard it was meant to be their own free speech version of Twitter
Promoting violence, murder, etc isn't free speech.....it's worse than hate speech. They effectively banned themselves when they kept breaching terms of service. No host wants them after they breached terms of service numerous times, and I am sure many ISPs won't want them either. All they had to do was to get rid of the death threats, abusive members, violence promotion, etc, and they refused.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Promoting violence, murder, etc isn't free speech.....it's worse than hate speech. They effectively banned themselves when they kept breaching terms of service. No host wants them, and I am sure many ISPs won't want them either.
Fair enough if that's true. But the same shit happens on Twitter, so why isn't Twitter banned?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Fair enough if that's true. But the same shit happens on Twitter, so why isn't Twitter banned?
I guess you can hit the report button on Twitter and they will look into it. Twitter's host would probably tell them to clean up if it got out of hand like that Parler app or forum, and Twitter would likely comply. Twitter is known for banning accounts when they breach terms. Think about why a host (web hosting service) wouldn't want your platform anymore, that speaks volumes.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I guess you can hit the report button on Twitter and they will look into it. Twitter's host would probably tell them to clean up if it got out of hand like that Parler app or forum, and Twitter would likely comply. Twitter is known for banning accounts when they breach terms. Think about why a host (web hosting service) wouldn't want your platform anymore, that speaks volumes.
Are they? Shaun King still has a Twitter account and that dude was verbatim tweeting people to go riot. Have you ever been on Parler? Cause I haven't, but you're talking as if you know exactly what's on there, and the type of posters. You must have an account, and been on there for a few months at least, right?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Are they? Shaun King still has a Twitter account and that dude was verbatim tweeting people to go riot. Have you ever been on Parler? Cause I haven't, but you're talking as if you know exactly what's on there, and the type of posters. You must have an account, and been on there for a few months at least, right?
I haven't used Twitter in years as I am not on there, and I only heard of Parler recently. As long as I follow the rules, like most people do on forums or apps, then I got nothing to worry about. If you don't like something, just hit the report button or stay away from that site/app. If Parler can't find a new host, no big deal since they could find an overseas one, and if Twitter somehow acts weird, and their host kicks them off, I won't feel sorry for them either. Social Media is meant to be a supplementary medium, but for some, it's their main form when it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I haven't used Twitter in years, and I only heard of Parler recently. As long as I follow the rules, like most people do on forums or apps, then I got nothing to worry about. If you don't like something, just hit the report button or stay away from that site/app. If Parler can't find a new host, no big deal, and if Twitter somehow acts acting weird, and their host kicks them off, I won't feel sorry for them either. Social Media is meant to be a supplementary medium, but for some, it's their main form when it shouldn't be.
Right, but they aren't banning users like I just told you about Shaun King, and I am rarely ever on Twitter and even I know about him. With a bit of a look I bet I could find plenty of people wishing death/harm on others, and not being banned. You're talking a fantasy world situation, this is actually happening. Parler has been blocked, Twitter has not, yet they both contain people posting death threats and the such. Also, do you have any proof of people on Parler actually doing any of what you claimed, cause if you don't go on there, you must just be parroting what someone else has said, right? Once again, you jump into a conversation to soapbox and make yourself feel good. The original poster said "if you disagree with Twitter make your own", that's exactly what they did and it got banned. Don't start talking about how Twitter "maybe, probably, hopefully, I don't know" has followed rules that Parler did not. When you clearly don't know as you don't even use either platform. You (OP) say the conservatives should go make their own platforms, they did, and big tech banned it. What else do you expect them to do? And don't say "just don't make death threats etc", cause as I've just explained, Twitter has the same shit and isn't blocked, is it. Do you honestly not understand how it makes you look, to just wade in on a conversation involving two social medias you don't even use? Maybe you just love the sound of your own talking that much.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Right, but they aren't banning users like I just told you about Shaun King, and I am rarely ever on Twitter and even I know about him. With a bit of a look I bet I could find plenty of people wishing death/harm on others, and not being banned. You're talking a fantasy world situation, this is actually happening. Parler has been blocked, Twitter has not, yet they both contain people posting death threats and the such. Also, do you have any proof of people on Parler actually doing any of what you claimed, cause if you don't go on there, you must just be parroting what someone else has said, right? Once again, you jump into a conversation to soapbox and make yourself feel good. The original poster said "if you disagree with Twitter make your own", that's exactly what they did and it got banned. Don't start talking about how Twitter "maybe, probably, hopefully, I don't know" has followed rules that Parler did not. When you clearly don't know as you don't even use either platform. You (OP) say the conservatives should go make their own platforms, they did, and big tech banned it. What else do you expect them to do? And don't say "just don't make death threats etc", cause as I've just explained, Twitter has the same shit and isn't blocked, is it. Do you honestly not understand how it makes you look, to just wade in on a conversation involving two social medias you don't even use? Maybe you just love the sound of your own talking that much.
It's public knowledge that Parler was promoting violence via many of their own users (I've seen the screenshots of many recently), so I can't feel sorry for them, and same with Twitter if they get banned as well. I've already implied I wouldn't complain one bit if Twitter were to be banned by their host tomorrow for the stuff you claim. Don't get why that is difficult for you to understand.

Anyways, back on topic. Conservatives can create their own platform, it doesn't mean they need to resort to hate-speech, just weed those ones out as not all Conservatives are bad. The point is there's a difference between free speech and hate speech, just do your part on a free platform. FoxNews, NewsMax, etc are still around.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Big Tech isn't liberal, it's globalist using liberals for the useful idiots they've become thanks to the garbage big tech distracts them with.

Google, Apple & Amazon are arguably the three most exploitative companies in the world, quite "liberal" indeed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It's public knowledge that Parler was promoting violence via many of their own users (I've seen the screenshots of many recently), so I can't feel sorry for them, and same with Twitter if they get banned as well. I've already implied I wouldn't complain one bit if Twitter were to be banned by their host tomorrow for the stuff you claim. Don't get why that is difficult for you to understand.

Anyways, back on topic. Conservatives can create their own platform, it doesn't mean they need to resort to hate-speech, just weed those ones out as not all Conservatives are bad. The point is there's a difference between free speech and hate speech, just do your part on a free platform.
Right, and once again, you're ignoring that Twitter has the exact same shit, and yet they aren't banned. So CLEARLY, that's not a very good point you keep trying to make. It doesn't matter how YOU would feel IF your fantasy world were true. These things HAVE happened, so if you don't actually have a legit point beyond "well, I don't know anything about either of these social medias cause I don't use either of them! But I feel like blah blah blah". Stick. To. The. Point. Just one last time lil man, I'll walk you through it. If the premise it for conservatives to make their own platforms, they then do this, and they're completely blacklisted and banned into the shadow realm. What else do you expect them to do?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Big Tech isn't liberal, it's globalist using liberals for the useful idiots they've become thanks to the garbage big tech distracts them with.

Google, Apple & Amazon are arguably the three most exploitative companies in the world, quite "liberal" indeed.
Agreed. Exactly how certain newspapers in the past would completely change political alignment because the party they were currently propagating weren't the best for business any more. The saddest thing here is that many people just don't care because it hasn't happened to them. If big tech ever turns on them, you can assure that they'll be throwing a fit about this 'tyrannical, oppressive' big tech

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Right, and once again, you're ignoring that Twitter has the exact same shit, and yet they aren't banned. So CLEARLY, that's not a very good point you keep trying to make. It doesn't matter how YOU would feel IF your fantasy world were true. These things HAVE happened, so if you don't actually have a legit point beyond "well, I don't know anything about either of these social medias cause I don't use either of them! But I feel like blah blah blah". Stick. To. The. Point. Just one last time lil man, I'll walk you through it. If the premise it for conservatives to make their own platforms, they then do this, and they're completely blacklisted and banned into the shadow realm. What else do you expect them to do?
NewsMax and FoxNews are still available to download, and they are Conservative, especially Newsmax. There are plenty of Conservative apps, forums, sites, podcasts, etc. You're just focusing on Parler too much. There's a reason why Fox News hasn't been banned, and why Parler has, that's what you are not getting. No matter how many times I explain it to you, you refuse to understand. Your thesis is null and void when you ignore the other Conservative mediums.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts