Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I find it funny how being called a "Smark" is somehow suppose to be an insult. I embrace that term as I would much rather be smart to the business than be dumb sheepish mark that the WWE loves.

And I seriously doubt Punk/Ambrose hate their "Smart" fans because that is who made them stars.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
LOL acting like you're high and mighty than everyone else in every thread I see, fuck off. BTW I haven't turned on him. Anyways, OP almost all the wrestlers hate us "smarks" because we think we know the business when obviously we don't because you know we aren't wrestlers.
This logic makes no sense to me. You don't have to be in the movie business to know when a movie sucks. You don't have to be in the music industry to know a musician sucks. So why does anyone have to be in the wrestling business to understand when storylines suck?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I find it funny how being called a "Smark" is somehow suppose to be an insult. I embrace that term as I would much rather be smart to the business than be dumb sheepish mark that the WWE loves.

And I seriously doubt Punk/Ambrose hate their "Smart" fans because that is who made them stars.
i consider myself a smart wrestling fan but not a smark

a smark are fans who thinks they are smarter than they actually are they act like they are in the business when they constantly threw out phrases like work rate,being put over cleanly,buried,push,backstage heat,etc.

smarks are annoying and i wonder if they actually enjoy watching pro wrestling

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm not a "smark", I'm a fan. A fan that is slightly more knowledgeable than other fans, but a fan nonetheless. I don't claim to know how shit works on the inside, and neither should anyone else who isn't there.

However, as a fan of a product, any product, I reserve the right to praise and/or complain. Customer feedback is how a product evolves into something better.
The thing is, complaints by themselves, without at least some form of constructive criticism, are entirely pointless.
"Damn that Don Cheena berried my favrit guy he is the wurst ever he sucks and is gay!" Yeah, crap like that isn't gonna do anyone any favors, and it's just gonna make the rest of us slightly knowledgeable fans look bad.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
another thing is smarks actually dont understand the pro wrestling business they think they do but they really dont

smarks think because you are a great in ring worker you should be in the main eventfpalm

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
i consider myself a smart wrestling fan but not a smark

a smark are fans who thinks they are smarter than they actually are they act like they are in the business when they constantly threw out phrases like work rate,being put over cleanly,buried,push,backstage heat,etc.

smarks are annoying and i wonder if they actually enjoy watching pro wrestling
What's wrong with educating yourself about something and using the relevant terms when discussing it?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
What's wrong with educating yourself about something and using the relevant terms when discussing it?
it gets to a point where some smarks are more worried about 1 guy putting another over cleanly than actually enjoying a pro wrestling match

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
:HHH2

People who know what the terms

"push"
"buried"
"work rate" ,

mean but don't consider themselves smarks?

:lmao

How can you consider yourself a smart fan but not a smark?

Smart mark= smark.

All you holier than thou smarks are hilarious, keep up with the delusional. Posting on wrestling forums but you're not a smark? :kobe

:ti

Okay let's go with that.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts

"push"
"buried"
"work rate" ,

Smart mark= smark.

All you holier than thou smarks are hilarious, keep up with the delusional. Posting on wrestling forums but you're not a smark? :kobe

Okay let's go with that.
i like roman reigns so i am sure you wouldn't call me a smark would you:reigns

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
it gets to a point where some smarks are more worried about 1 guy putting another over cleanly than actually enjoying a pro wrestling match
That seems like a huge generalization to me. There's plenty of smarks on this forum that enjoy good wrestling matches regardless of which wrestler goes over. Sure some smarks are obnoxious and annoying but guess what, some casual fans are too.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
This logic makes no sense to me. You don't have to be in the movie business to know when a movie sucks. You don't have to be in the music industry to know a musician sucks. So why does anyone have to be in the wrestling business to understand when storylines suck?
Wrestling is the only business that seems to shit on it's fans freely and tell them what they should say/think/like. Music, art, television, movies, theater and book authors and sports stars do not get this leeway. Wrestling is an illusion and think the Wrestlers sometimes themselves forget that fact and expect people to just simply enjoy it, well it isn't a free park book reading, some people pay lots of money, give lots of time to the product and have a right to complain. Sometimes it ets out of hand but so does WWE's lack of creativity.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Wrestling is the only business that seems to shit on it's fans freely and tell them what they should say/think/like. Music, art, television, movies, theater and book authors and sports stars do not get this leeway. Wrestling is an illusion and think the Wrestlers sometimes themselves forget that fact and expect people to just simply enjoy it, well it isn't a free park book reading, some people pay lots of money, give lots of time to the product and have a right to complain. Sometimes it ets out of hand but so does WWE's lack of creativity.
i have seen movie directors slamming critics who gave them bad reviews by saying they simply didn't get it

LOL

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts

"push"
"buried"
"work rate" ,

Smart mark= smark.

Okay let's go with that.
Pretty much. Basically everyone who posts on a wrestling forum is a smark to some extent.

·
14,329 Posts
There comes a point when a star constantly loses and has nothing meaningful going on for them and it just frustrates you when the person has the talent. WWE will book talented guys in terrible feuds or losing streaks but then give 45mins to some shit feud or promo nobody really cares about but they want us to care about. I don't know about you but some people actually like to see their favorite stars win or at least do something meaningful.

·
14,329 Posts
i have seen movie directors slamming critics who gave them bad reviews by saying they simply didn't get it

LOL
It happens, also seen the opposite where some shitty art type film gets praised and it's about nothing. Wrestling is pretty much the only business with the free reign to tell people to fuck off.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Is Ambrose as much of an asshole as Punk is though?

Even though I understand where they are coming from when they say the "smarks are irritating" I can only imagine what it would be like.

·
Banned
791 Posts
Because smarks are idiots

61 - 80 of 114 Posts