Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Chris Masters debut he broke Steven Richards nose and brow bone with a standing reverse elbow

Heidenrich, a 6'7 bodybuilder from ruthless aggression era almost broke Steven RIchards neck with an electric chair drop.

Ryback has been called out by CM Punk and others for working too stiff and dangerous and lazy.

Jinder punched Balor in the face before and knocked him out for a few seconds. Also have seen him kick Ryhno right in the face with a super kick and made a look like hehe oops before pinning.

the NXT wrestler Dan Matha who only had one match against Samoa Joe and was squashed, his matches that were @ Live events he is very stiff with strikes and big boot.

Perry Saturn, would put him in this category somewhat because he did have bodybuilder look towards the end of his run in the WWE and known for working stiff

·
NBA
4,155 Posts
Cause if you have considerably more body mass than your opponent and just apply the moves without care, chances are you are going to accidentally hurt someone. Imagine aimlessly flailing a big hammer around, same thing.

·
Registered
23,957 Posts
Because they're easier targets since they're hated in hardcore circles. For whatever reason a lot of fans have it out for body guys because they think that's the only thing Vince likes. It's why Rollins can break Cena's nose, retire Sting, injure Finn Balor, and ruin his own knee in the same summer and still be a great worker. Meanwhile Ryback's only complaints seem to be from Punk and he's a dangerous dumb fuck.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The Masters one legit looked like he got flustered cause fans were chanting "boring" at him in his debut match, so he clobbered Richards right in the face in the moment. I don't think he meant to hurt him, but he definitely wanted to make sure he connected and it looked brutal

Vader, Austin, Goldberg were all known for being incredibly stiff and all had different body types and styles. I don't really think it has anything to do with being a "body guy" or not. I think it's more a mindset than anything. You can definitely tell that Hogan and Rock were pretty light while working, most likely because they wanted to focus on the interaction with the fans for the reaction.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ryback had several others incidents of wrestling dangerously with other wrestlers than just Punk, which I believe is why he went from main eventing pay per views with Cena to jobbing clean to R Truth and everyone else in a matter of months.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
In the past the bigger guys were usually given a quick pass on TV because of their size but they hadn't actually been trained properly. I mean just look at The Great Khali. Big guys like that, haven't perfected their craft and tend to be a little more clumsy. Mark Henry used to be the same, he would hurt people. Ryback gets a hard time because of the Punk situation but he also gave Ziggler a concussion in 2014.

In recent years it has become more of a stereotype, like someone said earlier, Rollins has hurt a few people and he is one of the most experienced guys on the roster. Now you won't get on TV if your not safe, no matter how big you are.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
even smaller dudes have "the body" so maybe a chance in term is in order

Reactions: Mahmenn

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
The truth is that some people just work stiff. I'm not sure that it necessarily has anything to do with the fact that they are body guys or not. Also, shit just goes sideways sometimes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Because they're easier targets since they're hated in hardcore circles. For whatever reason a lot of fans have it out for body guys because they think that's the only thing Vince likes. It's why Rollins can break Cena's nose, retire Sting, injure Finn Balor, and ruin his own knee in the same summer and still be a great worker. Meanwhile Ryback's only complaints seem to be from Punk and he's a dangerous dumb fuck.

W O R K R A T E [email protected]!

the same reason why hogan is hated for saying the n word during a recorded session of pillow talk, while ric flair is still an idol to the black community while he tried to get teddy long to get fired for the nerve of being black!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Vader, Austin, Goldberg were all known for being incredibly stiff and all had different body types and styles. I don't really think it has anything to do with being a "body guy" or not. I think it's more a mindset than anything. You can definitely tell that Hogan and Rock were pretty light while working, most likely because they wanted to focus on the interaction with the fans for the reaction.
You could add JBL to that list of non-muscle guys that worked stiff as well.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
JBL is piece of shit, he smashed the shit out of his opponents with clothesline only to make himself look good and to hurt his opponents for real. You are supposed to protect your opponents and make them look good and not try to kill them or shorten their careers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts