Wrestling Forum banner

Why didn't we get to see Rey Mysterio get the countout win

1633 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  The_Jiz
Even if it was a weak win because CM Punk pretended he was gonna attack Ortons wife I would think winning against a former world champion and the 2nd most popular WWE wrestler would merit actually showing his victory.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Either it was or they hired a different actress from last time.

I hope they make this a running gag. Have a different actress play his wife every time she's seen.
haha than give them different names and have them all find out about each other on an episode of Raw.

Reactions: Don Draper

· SAL
2,514 Posts
It would take away from the seriousness of what Punk was doing. They didn't want the fans to cheer for Mysterio while Orton was rushing to save his family. Storytelling 101, I think.

· Registered
169 Posts
2 fan favorite former heavyweight champions facing off head to head on Raw doesn't matter?
In narrative terms no it doesn't. It was a setup for Punk to up the ante in the feud between himself and Orton. There was nothing to be gained by either individual being declared winner or loser of the match.

If the WWE bothers to record the stats then it should be a countout win for Mysterio but who wants to hear a man count to ten when we're watching Orton rushing to the rescue of his family?

What I'd rather have seen was Orton win and have the dark side of his personality come out and have him try to punt Mysterio before Punk interrupts gloating about how Orton is becoming more twisted by the day. But that would have required Mysterio to take an RKO which is probably a price the WWE is unwilling to pay right now (and reasonably so).

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Well it was a countout, so who cared? What WWE should have done was cut back to Mysterio in the ring and then have Rhodes attack him. That way, WWE could have helped build up another feud in the space of a minute or so, yet they chose not to do that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.