Wrestling Forum banner

Why didn't TNA advertise 3-3-11 person BEFORE 2-21-11?

2581 Views 20 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  bellywolves
Everyone knows TNA often takes shots at WWE either through something said on commentary, an "inside joke" said by someone like Bischoff during a backstage segment or some other way.

Why didn't TNA just reveal the signing of the person who appears on TNA next week since that could have made people less interested in WWEs person since it'd confirm who the 2-21-11 person isn't.

I'm not saying it would have really made any difference, but I really expected TNA to do something similar to that.
Reactions: Das Wunderberlyn
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
26,901 Posts
How does this create "buzz" (love that word) for TNA when they went out of their way to mock WWE? If anything, the "buzz" is about putting more spotlight on WWE. How is it "buzz" when the majority is groaning and face palming at the company for not taking advantage of this opportunity and doing something huge that would benefit them?

· Registered
67 Posts
Unless the person just officially signed with them after last Thursday's Impact, then TNA went about this way, way, way all wrong. It would've made sense to air that video before WWE Raw, much like Nitro used to do things to screw with Raw. I just don't get the point of airing that video at all after the reveal of Undertaker on Raw, and to hype it up to the degree they did.

· Registered
412 Posts
How does this create "buzz" (love that word) for TNA when they went out of their way to mock WWE? If anything, the "buzz" is about putting more spotlight on WWE. How is it "buzz" when the majority is groaning and face palming at the company for not taking advantage of this opportunity and doing something huge that would benefit them?
Exactly what would you have done then?

If TNA runs the video prior to 2-21, then everyone still bitches about how TNA is copying WWE.

I thought running the video AFTER 2-21 is a clear poke at WWE. I am stunned that there are so many people out there who are taking this so seriously. The 3-3-11 video is meant to be a PARODY of the 2-11 video because WWE was trying to imply to everyone that Sting was joining WWE.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
Unless the person just officially signed with them after last Thursday's Impact, then TNA went about this way, way, way all wrong. It would've made sense to air that video before WWE Raw, much like Nitro used to do things to screw with Raw. I just don't get the point of airing that video at all after the reveal of Undertaker on Raw, and to hype it up to the degree they did.
as long as this "parody" gives tna and it's fans a cheap laugh

they won't give a damn if the whole "surprise of the year" hype was a lie

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Because TNA took Sting away from WWE. I don't know if WWE really wanted Sting(why wouldn't they btw?), but thats TNA's message basicly.

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts
Exactly what would you have done then?

If TNA runs the video prior to 2-21, then everyone still bitches about how TNA is copying WWE.

I thought running the video AFTER 2-21 is a clear poke at WWE. I am stunned that there are so many people out there who are taking this so seriously. The 3-3-11 video is meant to be a PARODY of the 2-11 video because WWE was trying to imply to everyone that Sting was joining WWE.
It was always meant to be Taker, the internet created the speculation about Sting going to WWE. John Piermarini(Former creative Writer) even said that Take/HHH was plan since late August of last year.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
It was always meant to be Taker, the internet created the speculation about Sting going to WWE. John Piermarini(Former creative Writer) even said that Take/HHH was plan since late August of last year.
That was enough for NY times to report that "WWE signs Sting".

· Registered
4,034 Posts
New York daily, not New York times. The article was going off the speculation created from the internet.
That's what I said. "That was enough for them".

· Banned
2,426 Posts
We're all aware that it was a parody. Seriously, everyone in the world knows it was a parody. Even people who didn't see it. Even people who don't know what parodies are. Even people who think parodies are just dyslexic parrots. Being a parody of something else doesn't excuse a let down. I'm very capable of recognizing dirt, for example, but if someone handed me dirt after offering me money, I would not be happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.