Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the invasion, why did WWF win? They were fighting for control and if the alliance won, WWF would be no more right?

That happened anyways(just months after the invasion) even with the alliance losing so why didn't they let the alliance win?

The company won't be called WCW or ECW since both companies merged. The name could have been something like World Wrestling Alliance(since it was basically alliance vs federation).

This isn't a "what if ___ won" type of question so don't be saying that this question is always asked.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Because when the storyline ended, the WWF wasn't really considering losing the court case and changing the name to WWE. That decision and name change happened almost 5 months later.

And I don't think they would have had the Alliance win anyway if they did know they were gonna change the initials. The WWE was always going to win the storyline.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Because they needed a reason to get the every so annoying Stephanie McMahon off TV. They had a poll on their website asking if fans would like to see Stephanie to return to TV and around 17% voted Yes the other 83% voted no. Don't say anything about it being rigged, why would they want to put the bosses daughter in bad light?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Because the WCW/ECW invasion was a failure and hurting business. They ended it then brought in the men who would have made the angle work IE (Nash, Hogan, Flair, Hall, Goldberg, Steiner, Bischoff, Mysterio).

They should have brought them in at the begining of the angle and the storyline would have had more legs.

The WWF won because they wanted to kill the angle, because it failed. But chear up 2002-2003 turned out to be a good two years business wise.

·
Registered
995 Posts
They should have brought them in at the begining of the angle and the storyline would have had more legs.
Well, when they introduced the nWo, that was pretty cool and I don't see that happening if they brought in Nash, Hall and Hogan...

.. however, later on nWo got shit though.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The WWE NWO didn't work because the WWE guys much like the Invasion period didn't want to put over the NWO. You didn't see the NWO running rough shot over everyone for the first two months...you say Stone Cold kidnap Hall. It was sad.

The real reason the Invasion didn't work is simple. When Booker T. and The Rock came face to face...the Rock said "Who the Hell are you"...that automatically burried the WCW talent. DDP was squashed by Taker and jobbed to Taker's wife. Kanyon & DDP didn't get any offense at Summerslam in that steel cage match.

Sting even said in an interview he didn't join the WWE because of the Booker T/Rock in ring. They both cleared the ring and came face to face and the Rock said who the hell are you...

WWE fans have been brainwashed (even then) into hating anything non-WWE. WCW as doomed because the WCW fans didn't stick around to watch their guys get burried and the WWE fans didn't buy the guys as legit threats. I mean when you ad Austin/The Dudleys and Rhino for no other reason than to give the group star power then you know your in trouble.

Oh well its in the past...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Because the WCW/ECW invasion was a failure and hurting business. They ended it then brought in the men who would have made the angle work IE (Nash, Hogan, Flair, Hall, Goldberg, Steiner, Bischoff, Mysterio).

The WWF won because they wanted to kill the angle, because it failed. But chear up 2002-2003 turned out to be a good two years business wise.
nash, hall and hogan all made their names and careers in the wwe from the get go. when the nwo started in wcw, it was basically the wwf vs wcw. thats what they were billing it as..they didn't come out and say it because they couldn't obviously, but they knew their fans weren't fucking stupid. when the nwo started to go south, imo, is when longtime wcw guys joined and the group got too big. you forgot who was who etc. and thats about the time when wcw started to get stupid and eventually got bought out. which leads us back to the topic of the invasion and why the alliance didn't win. they were never going to win. vince 's ego is too big to let a bunch of midcard to top of the card guys beat people like the undertaker, rocky, angle, austin etc. and the fans wouldn't have bought that either. as i said, hogan, hall and nash wouldn't have made sense given their history. however, guys like flair, goldberg, mysterio etc would have been viable opponents and knew even if the wwe were to win, the "alliance" wouldn't look weak enough...to fill his ego.

it's a shame really. it could have been great...but it failed. knowing this, every time there is some sort of "invasion" angle or something and it's against vinces core wwe guys (cena, orton, taker, etc etc) wwe is going to win. for instance...hypothetically, say vince buys tna some day....and they do another invasion type angle...TNA IS NOT WINNING! oh, and btw, if the nexus gets this opportunity, they won't win either. although, they might come out looking a lot better than the alliance or the hypothetical tna would.

·
Registered
782 Posts
that being said, Having Undertaker kill DDP in their feud and put Sarah Callaway over DDP was stupid. Booker T. and DDP were both main Event level guys. I understand not allowing Shawn Stasiak goving over austin but not letting DDP get offense against the Undertaker was stupid.

While Hogan/Hall and Nash were WWF guys I argue Hall & Nash didn't get super famous until WCW and the NWO.

Its not about The Alliance winning, the shouldn't have. But I agrue the Alliance was a fail from the get go, when the only members of the stable to be built up were WWF guys that jumped shipped (save RVD).

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
that being said, Having Undertaker kill DDP in their feud and put Sarah Callaway over DDP was stupid. Booker T. and DDP were both main Event level guys. I understand not allowing Shawn Stasiak goving over austin but not letting DDP get offense against the Undertaker was stupid.

While Hogan/Hall and Nash were WWF guys I argue Hall & Nash didn't get super famous until WCW and the NWO.

Its not about The Alliance winning, the shouldn't have. But I agrue the Alliance was a fail from the get go, when the only members of the stable to be built up were WWF guys that jumped shipped (save RVD).
exactly. the thing with hall and nash though people watched nitro because they saw diesel and razor there. if it had been like issac yankem and ahmed johnson, no one would have given a shit. don't get me wrong, at the time, johnson was one of my favorites but he didn't have the following that hall or nash had.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Way back then, i remember reading reports on how WWF guys would go to Vince and tell him WCW guys worked to stiff in the ring.... Probably saying it as a means to keep their place on the roster.

But sure enough Vince had the WVW guys get buried by near enough anyone and everyone on the WWF roster at the time.

This however could've just been a rumor started back then by dirtsheets, and could just be that Vince's ego, as we all know is rather large, and wouldn't blemish it for anybody, least of all the only people he could get on contract from WCW at the time.
He spent near enough 20 years competing with them, so hardly doubt he'd give them a chance against his "elite".

As for the ECW storyline added, probably just a means of a quick exit, out of a failure. ECW didn't mean anything once it had closed, and the bulk of its talent were already in WWF. I mean Dudleys Boys .vs. Hardys was hardly anything new. And the viewers were'nt going to pay for something theyd seen a million times before.

They also wouldn't pay to see WWF kick the much inferior alliances ass every week. So they kept it on lfie support until Survivor Series, but by then I don't really think anybody much cared for it, and it is a shame. For it could've been great.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
The WWE NWO didn't work because the WWE guys much like the Invasion period didn't want to put over the NWO. You didn't see the NWO running rough shot over everyone for the first two months...you say Stone Cold kidnap Hall. It was sad.

The real reason the Invasion didn't work is simple. When Booker T. and The Rock came face to face...the Rock said "Who the Hell are you"...that automatically burried the WCW talent. DDP was squashed by Taker and jobbed to Taker's wife. Kanyon & DDP didn't get any offense at Summerslam in that steel cage match.

Sting even said in an interview he didn't join the WWE because of the Booker T/Rock in ring. They both cleared the ring and came face to face and the Rock said who the hell are you...

WWE fans have been brainwashed (even then) into hating anything non-WWE. WCW as doomed because the WCW fans didn't stick around to watch their guys get burried and the WWE fans didn't buy the guys as legit threats. I mean when you ad Austin/The Dudleys and Rhino for no other reason than to give the group star power then you know your in trouble.

Oh well its in the past...
What the hell would you have the Rock do? Cower in fear before the mighty Booker T?Pff...
Also Sting is the most overrated wrestler ever. Both his in-ring and mic skills are mediocre. He was over only because of his makeup.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts