Wrestling Forum banner

Why did WWE take Matt Striker off of announcing Smackdown? Will he Return

11782 Views 70 Replies 62 Participants Last post by  Ryu Hayabusa
When Matt Striker first came as an announcer, I thought he was great, not JR great, but still great. From then on, he proved time and time again that he is a better announcer than anyone else WWE currently has. Then in December it was being reported that both The King and Cole were trying to get Stiker off PPV commentary. Personally, I think they both jealous cause Striker is a better announcer than both of them. Anyways, the next PPV came, and he still announced, only until the main event where CM Punk replaced him. As we all know, Punk left announcing to start a feud with Cena, and Striker was back full time at the Royal Rumble. But the following Smackdown, he was replaced by Booker T. This makes no sense to me, because if they were going to replace anybody, it should have been Cole. Personal feelings aside, cause I cant stand the guy, he is already on Raw. What was the point of keeping him on both shows. They should have had Cole leave Smackdown. Now, we are stuck with an excuse of an announce team on Raw, I call them that cause all they do is bicker all night. And an announce team on Smackdown where, Matthews and Cole bicker all night, and Booker tries to announce. Basically, my question is: What is going to happen to Striker, and do you think he will ever return to announcing?
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
*Shelton Benjamin comes out to the ring (not Matt Morgan, Shelton Benjamin)*

"The Blueprint, Shelton Benjamin!"

· Registered
508 Posts
When Matt Striker first came as an announcer, I thought he was great, not JR great, but still great. From then on, he proved time and time again that he is a better announcer than anyone else WWE currently has. Then in December it was being reported that both The King and Cole were trying to get Stiker off PPV commentary. Personally, I think they both jealous cause Striker is a better announcer than both of them. Anyways, the next PPV came, and he still announced, only until the main event where CM Punk replaced him. As we all know, Punk left announcing to start a feud with Cena, and Striker was back full time at the Royal Rumble. But the following Smackdown, he was replaced by Booker T. This makes no sense to me, because if they were going to replace anybody, it should have been Cole. Personal feelings aside, cause I cant stand the guy, he is already on Raw. What was the point of keeping him on both shows. They should have had Cole leave Smackdown. Now, we are stuck with an excuse of an announce team on Raw, I call them that cause all they do is bicker all night. And an announce team on Smackdown where, Matthews and Cole bicker all night, and Booker tries to announce. Basically, my question is: What is going to happen to Striker, and do you think he will ever return to announcing?
I thought he caught shit for the mark out moment statement

Hopefully he does come to Raw

· Registered
429 Posts
He knows most wrestling moves, marks out, knows a lot of wrestling facts and took his job seriously and with passion so... No he ain't coming back.

Besides, WWE has made clear that they're not a wrestling promotion so the announce team are just another group of actors to play along with the in-ring and backstage shenanigans going on.

· Premium Member
4,913 Posts
WWE is seriously upset over that? Striker on commentary is gold, WWE sure does know how to fuck things up when they are going well :no:
He was far from "gold", infact he was extremely annoying. If you want to see commentary gold watch Cm Punk on NXT or his short stint on Monday Night Raw's commentary team. Plus having one of your commentators "mark out" like a little kid during a live broadcast is totally unprofessional. I know its refreshing to see someone actual excited over the current product for once but thats the fans job's to get excited not a commentator's.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
He'll take over King's job when he retires.
That's my theory. Josh is clearly the fill-in guy when King is busy elsewhere rather than the replacement. It makes sense to use a temp replacement until King's future is sorted out rather than bringing his permanent replacement straightaway.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
He was far from "gold", infact he was extremely annoying. If you want to see commentary gold watch Cm Punk on NXT or his short stint on Monday Night Raw's commentary team. Plus having one of your commentators "mark out" like a little kid during a live broadcast is totally unprofessional. I know its refreshing to see someone actual excited over the current product for once but thats the fans job's to get excited not a commentator's.
You don't get it....

· Banned
906 Posts
He's gone because he's terrible. Smackdown is much better without him and it was great to watch a PPV minus his ridiculously bad commentating.

"I'm marking out, Bro! This is a mark-out moment!"

That one line sums him up. Over-the-top, fake and clueless.

· Registered
479 Posts

How PG brainwashed are you? What was Good Ol' JR doing night after night when Austin was opening a can of whoop ass? Its the job of the commentator to get the fan at home interested in a match, and that's by being exciting to listen to.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.