Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raw fucking sucks. Just admit it already. It was getting better, but this recent episode proved how bad the show is.

You can defend them all you want, but we all know that if most people here got the chance to experience the attitude era again, we would in a heartbeat. This era has crappy stories, only GOOD wrestling, not great, no characters (everyone is bland), bored fans, and too many commercials.

The era from 2007-2011 will go down as the worst in history. And don't bullshit me with "lol summer of 94-95", because those eras are way better than this one in every aspect.

·
Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
1. This is pretty much your 5th or 6th thread about how RAW sucks. Your thread ideas are about as stale as RAW is.

2. You miss good wrestling but want a return to the attitude era?

3. Id rather hang myself than watch KOTR 1995 again.

4. You like Miz, who is champ, Cole who is everywhere, yet you're still angry. Really?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. This is pretty much your 5th or 6th thread about how RAW sucks. Your thread ideas are about as stale as RAW is.

4. You like Miz, who is champ, Cole who is everywhere, yet you're still angry. Really?
1: I have been watching WWE for years and I don't want it to see it in the current state of quality it is in.

2: I never said I want the attitude era to return. I said if we could experience the attitude era again, we would all do it in a heartbeat. It is a way to contrast the quality of the show back then to how it is now.

3: I can say the same about 90% of the PPVs in 2010.

4: They are only on for 20 minutes AT MOST.

You are a diluted fan and have low expectations - exactly what the WWE wants. Congratulations.

·
Banned
10,470 Posts

Dude, I don't see your point. Stop taking this so literal. He's just stating his opinion. Would you prefer if his next thread was about how he wants John Cenas next tshirt color scheme to be Red and Green? This isn't a place to spend your whole entire life so if you don't like all the same anti wwe current product threads going on at the moment then go to another site or do something else.

·
Banned
14,767 Posts
They hired them because they have this thing called EXPERIENCE IN TELEVISION PRODUCTION.

Most-notably fictional entertainment.

They also have these things called college degrees, you know, those tend to help also. It's a better resume than "I HAS 10,000 POSTZ ON WRESLTING FOREMZ LOOOOOOL"

WWE doesn't even hire anyone for creative without a bare minimum of 5 years of experience working in television (preferably live) and without a degree in television/video production, or something of equal merit, they pretty much won't even read your application.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,324 Posts
They hired the hollywood writers because they know what there doing and know how to make a show entertaining

You said that you want attitude era back for the good wrestling and other stuff but wrestling in the Attitude Era was atrocious and horrible and is very hard a find **** + match from then. Even look at the Wrestlemanias from then 14, 15, 16 all matches on the card only had one or two matches that were actually good, if you look at Mania now you get a stacked card compared to the Wrestlemania back in the heart of the Attitude Era

·
Registered
19,085 Posts
They hired these writers because they're supposed to be good at writing storylines.

The storylines we see in WWE aren't actually bad, but its lack of storylines that is making these shows bad. Seeing Kofi-Ziggler so many times on SD got boring after awhile, but seeing it again for the IC title(and actually not knowing who'd win) made it better because of all the history they had and the build for it

·
Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
1: I have been watching WWE for years and I don't want it to see it in the current state of quality it is in.

2: I never said I want the attitude era to return. I said if we could experience the attitude era again, we would all do it in a heartbeat. It is a way to contrast the quality of the show back then to how it is now.

3: I can say the same about 90% of the PPVs in 2010.

4: They are only on for 20 minutes AT MOST.

You are a diluted fan and have low expectations - exactly what the WWE wants. Congratulations.
I take offense to the diluted fan comment. Ive seen wrestling matches from 1930s till 2011. From Buddy Rogers to Lou Thesz to Harley race to Ric Flair to Sammartino and Hogan. Ive seen alot of wrestling. Ive seen alot of angles. And ive seen seen alot of eras.

But as to your second point, yes, i do have near rock bottom standards nowadays. With the current state of wrestling, not to mention the fact that ive seen EVERYTHING i need to have rock bottom standards to get through the average wrestling show nowadays.

We all now the product today isnt what we want. Problem is though, this is a pretty terrible industry. For every Hogan slamming Andre, you had the actual match to watch. For every Bret vs Austin, you had Sid vs Taker. For every Rock vs Austin, you basically had the rest of midcard which was barely even resembling wrestling.

Point is? Wrestling is fucking shit. Its always been this way. Sure we have brief moments of brilliance, but the crap mostly outweighs the good. Especially to the cynical fan who's seen it all.

Yes, the WWE is shit, but what do i care. Only thing Ive ever bought from them was one PPV back in 2004. Only reason really worth downloading the ridiculous crap that fills today's airwaves is to see those brief moments of brilliance like Punk vs Jeff, Jericho vs Shawn, Shawn vs Taker, Heel Batista, Danielson winning the title etc. But otherwise, its just the same crap that Vince has been shoving down our throat since 1984 and the shit the entire industry has been built on since 1943.

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
Can't we just have a stickied thread at the top for everyone to bitch about Raw in? It's getting boring seeing all these 'ATTITUDE NAO PLZ' threads every single day.

"What has WWE come to?"

"The WWE, as we know it, is all but dead..."

"What pisses you off most about WWE?"

LOL.

·
Banned
10,470 Posts
These recurring thread topics are not boring, stale, or idiotic at all. What is boring, stale, and idiotic though is the same 3 people going in every thread that's made over a hot issue and saying the ATTITUDE ERA IZ NEVA COMING BACK as if the OP said anything about that or JUST DEAL WITH JOHN CENA HE IS THE GREATEST EVA MAN. OR "PG IZ NEVA GOIN AWAY SO DEAL WIT IT." We get the point a lot more than you seem to get the point that none of these fucking things are changing and you just deal with it and defend it without giving little input on why it's any good or how WWE could be hurting right now because of these things.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I take offense to the diluted fan comment. Ive seen wrestling matches from 1930s till 2011. From Buddy Rogers to Lou Thesz to Harley race to Ric Flair to Sammartino and Hogan. Ive seen alot of wrestling. Ive seen alot of angles. And ive seen seen alot of eras.

But as to your second point, yes, i do have near rock bottom standards nowadays. With the current state of wrestling, not to mention the fact that ive seen EVERYTHING i need to have rock bottom standards to get through the average wrestling show nowadays.

We all now the product today isnt what we want. Problem is though, this is a pretty terrible industry. For every Hogan slamming Andre, you had the actual match to watch. For every Bret vs Austin, you had Sid vs Taker. For every Rock vs Austin, you basically had the rest of midcard which was barely even resembling wrestling.

Point is? Wrestling is fucking shit. Its always been this way. Sure we have brief moments of brilliance, but the crap mostly outweighs the good. Especially to the cynical fan who's seen it all.

Yes, the WWE is shit, but what do i care. Only thing Ive ever bought from them was one PPV back in 2004. Only reason really worth downloading the ridiculous crap that fills today's airwaves is to see those brief moments of brilliance like Punk vs Jeff, Jericho vs Shawn, Shawn vs Taker, Heel Batista, Danielson winning the title etc. But otherwise, its just the same crap that Vince has been shoving down our throat since 1984 and the shit the entire industry has been built on since 1943.
Well it seems like you have a good head on your shoulders so I won't insult you.

·
Banned
1,036 Posts

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.