Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Surprised there's some criticism over his WCW theme. Hardly generic. That was such an epic theme. The WWE version was fine as well. I really hated how they changed DDP's WCW theme though.

Reactions: Certified G
WCW had some great promo music. It had te best theme ever (crow sting) and some other amasing ones like this Goldberg and NWO themes. Oh and this was played in Goldberg's first appearence when he confronted hollywood rock so i doubt it was a royalty issue. Oh and "generic"....fpalmfpalm really ? Generic are the awful themes that wrestlers have today .

The WCW version was called 'Invasion' by Christian Poulet and Jean-Yves Rigo. Both composers made/make stock music and license them for use by companies. Two of their songs even made it to a Zelda trailer in the 90s and a Turok game. WCW merely licensed the theme - they did not create it, thus when WWE bought WCW, this song was not owned by WCW. I guess WWE did not want to pay the composers royalty fees for its use, though I've heard it being used sparingly. His new theme is even dubbed over his old one in many instances, like his DVD.

Surprised there's some criticism over his WCW theme. Hardly generic. That was such an epic theme. The WWE version was fine as well. I really hated how they changed DDP's WCW theme though.
Yeah, DDP's WCW theme was legendary, least they could've done was remixed it or something, not give him something completely different. His WWE theme kinda sucked tbh.

Because the original theme sounds flat as fuck. Vince McMahon is a man who wants his production to be over the top and he had Jim Johnston remix the original theme into a beefier track. He has added in some sound effects as well as a wailing high distortion guitar to make it sound more sinister, from what I remember off the top of my head.

The one you posted sounds like a march, but the WWE remix sounds like the apocalypse is coming.

I agree not that the whole WCW sounded flat or generic but i do remember that prior to Goldberg it was said to be music used by Jobbers.. and indeed it sounded like a march instead of apocalypictic

another factor is the distorted electric guitar.. it added a bit of epicness to it without sounding like a flat-out rock music but instead masterfully enhances the orchestra.

I mean usually the popular WWE themes in the past once the first note hits or plays it's designed to get a pop/boo or reaction and get you conditioned into thinking *Warrior's 1st note is heard* it takes less than a second for me to pop.

But as hot as Goldberg was whenever the first few notes of his WCW march plays it doesn't sink with me immediately since all i hear are half-assed drums and it's only when the orchestra part plays do i fully grasp it's Berg

Unlike his WWE theme.. The first Notes WITH THE DISTORTED GUITAR and orchestra Hits and it's designed to slap the sense right away at the FIRST SECOND that sh*t is about to get real.. instead of flat introductory percussions.

Probably because it reminded people of the old WCW, and seeing Vince bought WCW he wanted to make sure to erase the memory of it. But it's common to change someone's theme song, like that awful theme song Stone Cold got in 2000:

That's awful? That's my favorite Austin theme :lol

I actually liked WWE's version if Goldbergs theme.

DDP got screwed over badly in terms of his Theme Song, his WWE run sucked anyway.

How did he go from his awesome theme

To this

Goes to show how much WWE valued DDP.

I didn't mind Goldberg's change although I did like the original.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.