Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after Immortal came around he seemed to be fighting them solo, and it seemed like that could be a compelling story line. They placed him in a boring feud with Abyss, but after that, he could of had him go after Immortal. What do they do? They turn him into a corrupt teleevangelist and put him into a BORING feud with Joe. TNA didnt need more heels, they need OVER faces to go after Immortal, not Mr. Anderson and Matt Morgan. He was over...and could have been a huge star, but they seemed to ruin that. Is TNA really that incompetant....oh wait.

· Registered
10,478 Posts
You need to ask Mr. Russo that, I can't even begin to describe anything he does.

· Registered
5,024 Posts
Joe, Monty Brown, Morgan, Lethal, Kaz and Hernandez are probably asking the same thing.
TNA always cut the legs of their younger talent ready to make that next step. I'm still trying to work out whether it's politics, or just morons booking. Pope just another victim.

· Registered
634 Posts
Joe, Monty Brown, Morgan, Lethal, Kaz and Hernandez are probably asking the same thing.
TNA always cut the legs of their younger talent ready to make that next step. I'm still trying to work out whether it's politics, or just morons booking. Pope just another victim.
This.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
I thought this guy had the wrestling and microphone style of a face and that it would be madness to make him a heel. He had catchphrases that were getting over, like "The Pope is Pimpin'!" He called his fans nicknames like The Congregation. If ever there was young charismatic babyface for this company to ride for years I thought it was D'Angelo Dinero.

So,its with morbid curiosity that I will watch his segment on Impact! tomorrow.
According to various dirt sheets and spoilers and fans present The Pope has a heel segment that is a mocking of the miracles of Jesus Christ that is described variously as cringe worthy, tawdry, and unfunny. It inspires the Impact Zone to chant "This Is Stupid."

· Registered
9,932 Posts
Because Russo is incapable of making a star. How did the saying go? Oh yeah.

"Russo couldn't book R.Kelly in a middle school."

Reactions: alejbr4

· Registered
2,780 Posts
I wouldn't absolve him of blame. He's been booked horribly as of late, but from what I've seen his mic work has also taken a nose dive. He's still talking comfortably and confidently, but when I've seen him deliver promos he's simply talking crap that fails to tell a story or build interest in his feud.

· Registered
4,841 Posts
So they push ex WWE stars and thats wrong. Now they try to depush one and they should be riding him?? Make your minds up.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
So they push ex WWE stars and thats wrong. Now they try to depush one and they should be riding him?? Make your minds up.
Pope isn't an ex-WWE star. He didn't do shit in the company.

· Registered
1,120 Posts
He really isn't an ex-WWE STAR per say, he just started his career there

· Registered
4,841 Posts
Pope isn't an ex-WWE star. He didn't do shit in the company.
so its ok to push them if they were shit? So no1 should have a problem when Matt Hardy or Anderson are TNA world champion.

· Registered
1,926 Posts
This has been pretty much Russo's philosophy on stars. If a man begins to get well over with the crowd you almost immediately cut him down and put him in the most nonsensical of feuds.

A prime example would be the West Texas ******** from WCW. Remember when they were the heels feuding with the babyface No Limit Soldiers? The fans instead loved the ******** and booed the Soldiers. The ******** were very over with the crowds but since the heels were getting the all the love and it didn't make sense to Russo (that sounds so fucking weird saying that) he killed the angle dead and split them up.

· Anti-Hero
11,709 Posts
Depends on the talent. Pope never got his due with his run as Elijah Burke in WWE. TNA taking Dinero and lifting him to main event level would be 'creating a star'. I think your referring to the hate that shows up in these forums about talent like the Hardys, Hogan, RVD or whomever. There is some truth to this thinking as signing more established talent takes away from the creation of new stars. TNA would be better served spending their money (and probably less of it) on former WWE talent that for whatever reason never made the big time but still had loads of talent.
Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Jimmy Yang, the list goes on and on. They have their pick of talent that never made it big but have huge upsides. Christian is a great example of this type of booking. I figured with Popes charisma and mic skills that it would only be a matter of time before he broke through but at this rate, forget it.

· Registered
634 Posts
This has been pretty much Russo's philosophy on stars. If a man begins to get well over with the crowd you almost immediately cut him down and put him in the most nonsensical of feuds.

A prime example would be the West Texas ******** from WCW. Remember when they were the heels feuding with the babyface No Limit Soldiers? The fans instead loved the ******** and booed the Soldiers. The ******** were very over with the crowds but since the heels were getting the all the love and it didn't make sense to Russo (that sounds so fucking weird saying that) he killed the angle dead and split them up.
Russo didn't book the West Texas ********/No Limit Soldiers feud.

Bischoff did it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.