Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
Technically, Scorpio never turned face. The reason they are continuing the feud with Sammy is because there is still a mixed-tag match with Sammy/Tay and Paige Van Zant/Men of the Year. It was part of the agreement for Scorpio to get a title shot.

Also, Sammy Guevara hurt himself doing that dumb phoenix splash, so he might not even be able to wrestle anytime soon. I bet they add a third babyface team to this clusterfuck. (perhaps Frankie Kazarian finds a female partner?)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Technically, Scorpio never turned face. The reason they are continuing the feud with Sammy is because there is still a mixed-tag match with Sammy/Tay and Paige Van Zant/Men of the Year. It was part of the agreement for Scorpio to get a title shot.

Also, Sammy Guevara hurt himself doing that dumb phoenix splash, so he might not even be able to wrestle anytime soon. I bet they add a third babyface team to this clusterfuck. (perhaps Frankie Kazarian finds a female partner?)
God why

It is 2022 and Kazarian is still shitting up promotions I like. That roster and he's got a prominent storyline.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
God why

It is 2022 and Kazarian is still shitting up promotions I like. That roster and he's got a prominent storyline.
TBH I don't think anyone would've complained if Sammy/Scorpio just stopped after the ladder match, they dropped the mixed tag storyline and figured out some other way to debut Paige Van Zant.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I like Scorpio and Kaz to put on good matches and act as enhancement talent for mid and upper carders. I dont want to see Sammy and tay at all.

But this wasn’t a heel turn it was a swerve. We need more swerves in wrestling.

·
Mr Big Shot
549 Posts
It didn't make sense. Sky and Sammy faced each other 3 times. With sky 2-1 that's feud done. The logical way would of been for Page to turn on Sky and take the belt. But instead Sky stays a heel. The crowd who HATES Sammy is now a face. As he ran into the ring with a chair. And sky bails. That made no fucking sense and further enhances why Tony shouldn't be booking TV.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Because Tony Khan is too stupid to realize that Sammy is the heel when they face each other. Tony thinks that Scorpio is a heel because he's managed by Lambert, and Lambert is the "Anti-AEW" heel. But, Sammy is so hated by fans right now that Scorpio and Lambert are faces by default. The fact that they still go out and insult the fans and do heel stuff shows you how bad they all are at reading the fan reactions.

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
7,139 Posts
Tony is just trying to keep things unpredictable. He isn't stupid. Clearly at the end of that whole thing they explained that Scorpio pretended to be face to fool everyone. Probably to lure Kaz in to thinking that he would have a fair match. Plus Tony probably did this to give the fans sort of a moment between two former SCU partners being pals, which there were some SCU chants in the past.

I do think that this feud between Sammy and Scorpio is getting old though. I imagine that Kaz will want revenge and if this leads to another title change then this whole thing will never end. That is the part that ill be sour on Tony about. Lets move on with this Tony....

Also, I do miss Miro.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The only thing I can fathom is they plan on Miro returning on a face run. But he was on a roll with the Redeemer stuff. Maybe Tony thinks he can kick off a new version, iteration along the lines of Rusev Day?

It does feel to me like they are obtusely avoiding the obvious, as others have said with Sammy the heel as has progressed naturally (like when Vince denies what the crowd wants as it doesn’t fit his plans) and even more obviously to me; Page and Lambert turning on Sky.

·
Registered
522 Posts
All Miro would need to do to be a face to come back and break Sammy and Tay two. Those two are so hated by fans right now that anyone who took them out would immediately be faces. That is why AEW is dumb for having Scorpio still act like a heel in their rivalry. it's almost like AEW doesn't understand what faces and heels are....oh wait....Yeah it all makes sense now.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think they did it just for the sake of throwing a curve ball. This feud makes no sense whatsoever, and just when it looked like it was about to make sense, they turn Sky fully heel. He was gaining some steam as a baby face, and obviously Sammy/Tay are just natural heels.

Wrestling is such that we naturally want to cheer for people or boo people — and the dynamic between the two competitors in the ring play off that. When both talents/groups are heel (with some amount of go away heat) then it becomes something you want to see less of.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts