Wrestling Forum banner

Why did they have Cole "Apologizing" for what he did on RAW this week?

2128 Views 17 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Crayo
Silly question I know lol, but When they came back from commercial break with Cole apologizing to the audience. He's never cared to please them or anything of the sort before. So that part confused me, why exactly did they have him apologizing to the audience?

Maybe they felt he took things too far with his character this week?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
20,764 Posts
Can't tell if this thread is serious or not.

· Registered
20,764 Posts
Why wouldn't it be? that went against everything they've been building his character towards

Just seemed pretty damn random was all

*Sigh* Ok, I'll spill the beans.

The "apology" was a sarcastic means of pissing the audience at home off more by making Michael Cole look like more of a worm than he already does by blaming The King for his actions when it is pretty obvious Michael Cole is the total prick in the feud.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The "apology" was a sarcastic means of pissing the audience at home off more by making Michael Cole look like more of a worm than he already does by blaming The King for his actions when it is pretty obvious Michael Cole is the total prick in the feud.
Great, thanks for taking a minute to share your immortal knowledge with me!

It seemed out of place since that's never been Cole's style is all

· ~Believe~
2,716 Posts

yeah I see what you are saying, I was just as confused as the OP was as the apology was totally weird to me at first. But I didn't really notice he was blaming King for his actions so the apology was definitely adding fuel to the fire as he was pretty much blaming King for his actions and making himself look like a perfect person who just happened to snap

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
Cole has done that before so it's not out of character.

He's not your typical cookie cutter heel and it confuses people. I absolutely love it.

· SWAG/SPICE
41,146 Posts
yeah I see what you are saying, I was just as confused as the OP was as the apology was totally weird to me at first. But I didn't really notice he was blaming King for his actions so the apology was definitely adding fuel to the fire as he was pretty much blaming King for his actions and making himself look like a perfect person who just happened to snap
This. I don't catch on to things that quick, plus I had my headphones on a bit.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Silly question I know lol, but When they came back from commercial break with Cole apologizing to the audience. He's never cared to please them or anything of the sort before. So that part confused me, why exactly did they have him apologizing to the audience?

Maybe they felt he took things too far with his character this week?
The apology was basically Cole saying No Offense. I hate people wh osay that because 1- they always seem to find it easier to say No Offense than to avoid causing offnese in the first place and because it demonstrates that they know exactly how offensive they're being rather than simply being ignorant.

· Registered
2,032 Posts
Its been sufficiently explained but I'll go ahead and try now. His character is delusional and he believes he is in the right so in his mind, the attack on Lawler was something that Lawler bought on himself. It also lets him feel like a badass since hes basically apologizing for beating Lawler down.

· Registered
4,609 Posts
Cole's goal is to be an announcer, and the best announcer there is (better than Ross, etc). He likes to root for who he likes (Miz), and bash people he doesn't like (Bryan). His constant bashing of some stars, and rooting for others is what began all this hostility between King and Cole.

So in Cole's mind, beating up King, kicking his ass at WM, humiliating him every week....all of those are just means to and end...the End being finally getting rid of King on commentary so Cole can go back to concentrating on being an announcer, and the best there is at that. So his apologizing was a way of saying "Guys, i'm sorry we once again had to go that far to kick Lawler's ass, but now that it's done, let's get back to announcing"

· Registered
163 Posts
Can't be as confusing as the fact that Michael Cole was also not supposed to be aloud to touch Lawler or else they'd both be fired. Yet there he was taking over Swagger's ankle lock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.