Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was enjoying this product quite a bit in January/February and even some of March. Then Russo left and I'm not saying what he was writing was amazing TV. But when he was still part of the writing team earlier this year the shows were entertaining. Roode was playing an incredible world champion, Samoa Joe & Magnus were booked as a badass tag team. The beginning of the Abyss/Joseph Parks storyline seemed to have potential as did this whole thing between Daniels/AJ Styles/Kaz. Sting was doing a great job in his role as GM, Matt Morgan & Crimson's struggles as a tag team were kind of interesting, Austin Aries and Bully Ray were fucking awesome as heels. I loved the Bully Ray/Austin Aries/Booby Roode trio.

Now? What a complete disaster. The shows have been shit the past couple months. Why did they have to change things up so much? These new ideas are absolutely terrible. OFN is a cluster fuck. It's supposed to be anyone can come out and challenge anyone and all the titles are on the line right? Well it's first week there they have Jeremy Borash challenging Eric Bischoff, only one title per OFN will be defended and Hogan has to choose the contender. I thought anyone could come out at any time and challenge anyone? This new concept they revealed at the Impact Tapings sounds kind of interesting but does nothing for the actual product. It might lead to some fun TNA youtube videos but that's all. How does it actually improve the in-ring product and the storylines?

Every time it seems this company takes a step forward they take 10 steps back.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I was enjoying this product quite a bit in January/February and even some of March. Then Russo left and I'm not saying what he was writing was amazing TV. But when he was still part of the writing team earlier this year the shows were entertaining. Roode was playing an incredible world champion, Samoa Joe & Magnus were booked as a badass tag team. The beginning of the Abyss/Joseph Parks storyline seemed to have potential as did this whole thing between Daniels/AJ Styles/Kaz. Sting was doing a great job in his role as GM, Matt Morgan & Crimson's struggles as a tag team were kind of interesting, Austin Aries and Bully Ray were fucking awesome as heels. I loved the Bully Ray/Austin Aries/Booby Roode trio.

Now? What a complete disaster. The shows have been shit the past couple months. Why did they have to change things up so much? These new ideas are absolutely terrible. OFN is a cluster fuck. It's supposed to be anyone can come out and challenge anyone and all the titles are on the line right? Well it's first week there they have Jeremy Borash challenging Eric Bischoff, only one title per OFN will be defended and Hogan has to choose the contender. I thought anyone could come out at any time and challenge anyone? This new concept they revealed at the Impact Tapings sounds kind of interesting but does nothing for the actual product. It might lead to some fun TNA youtube videos but that's all. How does it actually improve the in-ring product and the storylines?

You obviously didn't read the guide lines of OFN?

Nothing has changed with Roode, Joe, Magnus, or anyone else. Sting is hurt and that is why Hogan is now the GM. Sting did a radio interview saying he needed time away to heal up.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I actually think it is a decent way to set up some feuds over the next few months. I would rather have a feud on the basis of a ofn call out re:mexican america vs angle than the poor excuse for the hardy/angle feud, which was good when it gathered pace, but the promos about angle hating hardy due to his son cody wearing face paint was just embarrassing.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Everything you said above is still going on.
And russo lost his power in TNA around slammiversary 2011...

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
The product is stale and has been stale. Bobby Roode is fine as champion, but something needs to happen to shake up the entire format of the show. Certain elements need to be eliminated entirely and a different presentation is sorely needed.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
- Only one title is on the line per show so that one division gets all the attention, which is in my opinion a great move.

- If anyone could go into the ring and challenge roode for the world title, then that would be the clausterfuck you are talking about.
Just imagine storm challenging roode with the champion retaining after a long match then sharkboy gets into the ring asks for a world title match -> and the new world heavyweight champion SHARK BOY.

After that comes garrett and asks for a match with shark boy... (you get the picture) basically it would be WWE hardcore title 24/7 BS all over again, thank god they didn't do that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I like the concept and they only have done it once so far. I like the fact the the TV title is being defended every week. I hope they make that last. Why when something changes to some people want it to turn around right away?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To me it seems like at the beginning of the year they were going with simple non complicated booking and it was refreshing. There was no need to change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts