Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time in February, they turned the Sting - Triple H feud into WCW vs. WWE. Personally, I was enjoying the vigilante angle they were doing with Sting coming in and confronting Triple H at Survivor Series and on RAW in January.

Did Triple H realise that he couldn't book himself to go over with that dynamic?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If Sting has any self-respect, he will never show up on WWE programming again. I can't believe he was OK with losing his first match in WWE against scumbag Hunter.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
my biggest problem with the match, as stated in another thread, is the handshake afterwards.

he was so hell bent in stopping HHH, then loses the match (by getting hit with a fucking sledgehammer in the head), and then decides, ya know what, it's cool. Nevermind about all that taking you down stuff Hunter and trying to end your career and put you out of power, let's just bury the hatchet. WWE is better than WCW, you got me there Hunter.

·
Registered
899 Posts
You guys are way too caught up in the kayfabe of it all. Reality is, Sting wanted a big WM match that he can be remembered for. Do you really think he cared about winning it? He knows he'll go out on a high note, and him losing proves he's not there for just one match. He's got more in him and he really showed for his age he can still go, probably better than half the current WWE roster.

Just take the match for what it was, a special moment between two dominant stars of their respective companies. DX vs nWo was the only pointless part of this as it didn't fit being that Sting tried to bring down nWo as well.

However, having said all that. The match ended in fuckery which means Sting still has real credibility. His last match with WWE, he will win. If you think otherwise, you are seriously delusional.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If that's Sting's last ever match then it'll suck. He deserves a spotlight on him. Not sharing it with a bunch of decripid dinosaurs.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
The question is why was it booked in the first place if you have the fucking authority heel go over with no follow-up?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Some time in February, they turned the Sting - Triple H feud into WCW vs. WWE. Personally, I was enjoying the vigilante angle they were doing with Sting coming in and confronting Triple H at Survivor Series and on RAW in January.

Did Triple H realise that he couldn't book himself to go over with that dynamic?
It was weird that they did that. Sting on the go home Raw restated that he isn't fighting for WCW. I guess the idea was that when DX popped up to take down Sting, no one was there to help him because he was a vigilante that has no friends from a dead brand.

Enter the NWO. The guys Sting failed to defeat himself in his own words coming down to help him take down WWE. Sounds like ad writing, but it's actually brilliant writing. There was a ton of character development that was done. It was all implied and they intended us to fill in the blanks, which was good and bad. One we got the real invasion WM moment we all wanted so long ago. The surprise factor absolutely saved any potential of them not living up to the NWO vs DX hype. We went ape shit by simple concept of what we realized was before us.

I hope Sting speaks tonight about how he didn't expect NWO to come out etc. and that it became a gang war. To which Sting lost that battle. But I hope the handshake was simply the war was not over. Sting can't simply fail right? He wanted to take HHH down but just doesn't? That's nuts. There's more to the story. Whether they meet again soon or at Summerslam I don't know.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
It was weird that they did that. Sting on the go home Raw restated that he isn't fighting for WCW. I guess the idea was that when DX popped up to take down Sting, no one was there to help him because he was a vigilante that has no friends from a dead brand.

Enter the NWO. The guys Sting failed to defeat himself in his own words coming down to help him take down WWE. Sounds like ad writing, but it's actually brilliant writing. There was a ton of character development that was done. It was all implied and they intended us to fill in the blanks, which was good and bad. One we got the real invasion WM moment we all wanted so long ago. The surprise factor absolutely saved any potential of them not living up to the NWO vs DX hype. We went ape shit by simple concept of what we realized was before us.

I hope Sting speaks tonight about how he didn't expect NWO to come out etc. and that it became a gang war. To which Sting lost that battle. But I hope the handshake was simply the war was not over. Sting can't simply fail right? He wanted to take HHH down but just doesn't? That's nuts. There's more to the story. Whether they meet again soon or at Summerslam I don't know.
There is only one problem the that

ITS 2015

The invitation is long over and I have no interest broken down old pretending that they are still fresh

Its a cute little reference but a cute little reference does not deserve a mania match

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I wondered why the promo didn't have the story element of Sting trying to bring down the NWO/Authority in WCW. Now I see why. I loved the moment and you are right Anglefan4life, it was done to fill in the blanks.

The NWO just came to save Sting because he was the last remaining soldier from the company they were in. NWO are too old to fight that battle and it could be said they did it out of feeling bad they wrecked his WCW.

Too bad it won't get followed up like that. The handshake just seemed like a way to say the war is over. It was stupid though and I know they are going to use that in the future as some ending to the war that HHH finished. That was no accident.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Yeah, and who will Triple H job to this year? Cena? Reigns?

·
Registered
649 Posts
There is only one problem the that

ITS 2015

The invitation is long over and I have no interest broken down old pretending that they are still fresh

Its a cute little reference but a cute little reference does not deserve a mania match
I mean thats all great and I'd actually agree with you if, I dont know, over 70,000 people didnt go NUTS live. Its a non debate given something called reactions. Sure you can sit there all pissy because Wyatt also didn't beat his broken down old part timer pretending to be fresh. I'm wiling to bet it was a damn honor to have lied down for the deadman.

HHH and Sting can still both go. Yes they are passed their prime but that does not mean people don't want to see them. As for the run ins, they were just that, run ins. Thats not giving them a match (which I and 70,000 other would probably love.)

And if your next response is "they shouldnt get a mania moment give it to the new guys" then once again wrong. Wrestlemania is the showcase of the Immortals. The NWO vs DX nostalgia ride not only belongs at Mania but it was the only true match to live up to THAT hype, showcasing people who are living freaking legends that move well enough to have some fun.

Did I mention wrestling is supposed to be fun. This was a whole lot of what wrestling should be. Fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts