Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like to look back at 2011-2013 Jay Briscoe promos from time to time and every time I do I ask myself how on Earth did they never make it rather in WWE or anywhere else? These promos here are fucking ace:

Did they ever get another look by WWE besides the story they told in the cosmetically pleasing video? Dem boys have been consistent for so many damn years, particularly Jay, and they are so believable. I figure all it would take is some talent agent to take one look at these videos and they'd see money from any major fed. I'd like to see them get at least one run before they ride off so they can make some $$$$ for some upgrades on their farming equipment. Discuss.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Jay had a habit of putting his foot in his mouth. But that aside, they have been loyal to ROH for whatever reason.

·
Angry at refs
2,819 Posts
Because they're not good, they are obnoxious, not in a heel way but a scummy person way, and there are 100 other teams that offer the same or better than them without the drama.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Because they're not good, they are obnoxious, not in a heel way but a scummy person way, and there are 100 other teams that offer the same or better than them without the drama.

What was the drama?

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Jays mouth while fantastic in the ring doesn't lend itself well to a company that is major or wants to be major

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,052 Posts
I know some people think they're so real and legit. But they have always come across so fake and try hard to me. They're just what an angsty 12 year old thinks is badass and cool. Thats all they do really, they just act like what a tween thinks is badass. Its such a bad and cringeworthy act.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Mark Briscoe can't pass WWE Wellness Physical to get hired. At least that's the story I remember when there was mutual interest. Too many concussions for Mark over the years. Jay wouldn't leave his brother behind.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
They have too much history with ROH, they should have signed up with a bigger company when they were still young and uninjured

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,207 Posts
If I remember correctly there were rumors of them getting signed a few years back and I believe they even got a tryout.

I also believe that Jay's homophobic remarks were not a matter of digging up shit from ten years ago but they came out roughly around the time they were rumored to sign.

I've never heard about Mark's medical clearance issues.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Maybe they simply don't want to wrestle for WWE/TNA/AEW, and they are happy with ROH. They are one of the greatest tag teams of all time. Why go somewhere and tarnish it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I remember years ago there being rumour of them about to be signed but then someone made homophobic and antisemitic tweets or something of that nature but yeah. They are one of the top tagteams in the past 15 years and very underrated tho.

·
Premium Member
14,713 Posts
Post 2009 (when WWE passed on them), I'm under the impression being there was no longer a goal, especially if it isn't lucrative enough to justify leaving their businesses behind and moving their families.

ROH is a place of convenience. They make relatively good money (ROH topped WWE's offer in 2015), work maybe five days a month, can tend to the family business and pretty much do whatever else they want on the side.

I'm under the impression that those two, more than anyone, are guys ROH will do anything they can to keep. And because of their families and outside interests, likely wouldn't want to leave ROH anyway. Especially post-2009, as their situations are a lot different now.

Also, you'd have to question if, at this point, either of them could pass a physical. I'd be surprised if Jay ever got his shoulder fixed and I'd be even more surprised if Mark doesn't have a serious concussion issue.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts