Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the time I heard it was because he was injured but I don't recall him taking time off for any extended period and he was doing a great job during that run. Ratings were good, he was a credible champion and if the plan all along was for Sheamus to win the title at Mania why not keep the title on Henry going in? Mark Henry vs. Sheamus could've been a pretty big match if they both maintained their strong booking and would've certainly been a better match than what we ended up with. Sheamus being the guy to finally stop Henry's monster push would've been a good rub for him

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
He got injured apparently - and Vince wouldn't give Henry the time off to let himself heal - so he took the title off him.

Bryan marks should be happy, because if Mark Henry didn't get injured (and if the plan was to have Henry against Sheamus at WrestleMania) Bryan wouldn't of been champion.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Bryan was booked as a heel and ended up getting over as a face, clearly that wasn't the plan and they just sacrificed him to put Sheamus over. If all they wanted was for Sheamus to get over having him beat Mark Henry and end his monster push would've been a much better way to do it

Now you have a situation where Sheamus is booed by some of the audience, Bryan is the most over babyface in the company on some nights but is playing a heel and Mark Henry is irrelevant

Edit: I heard about the injury too but I mean he kept wrestling anyway so what was the difference? It's not like Henry does a lot in the ring

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
OMFG D-Bry could have been the one that beat Sheamus in 18 seconds!!!!
Think like this... Henry cannot be beaten..Sheamus wins the rumble..Sheamus vs Mark Henry at Mania.. then Sheamus wins and then Bryan runs down and cashes in..then kicks a groggy Sheamus in the head and pins him :O

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think like this... Henry cannot be beaten..Sheamus wins the rumble..Sheamus vs Mark Henry at Mania.. then Sheamus wins and then Bryan runs down and cashes in..then kicks a groggy Sheamus in the head and pins him :O
Honestly that would've been a much better way to do it, Sheamus remains looking strong and Bryan still gets the title without looking like a goof by getting squashed

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Well Bryan was booked as a heel and ended up getting over as a face, clearly that wasn't the plan and they just sacrificed him to put Sheamus over. If all they wanted was for Sheamus to get over having him beat Mark Henry and end his monster push would've been a much better way to do it

Now you have a situation where Sheamus is booed by some of the audience, Bryan is the most over babyface in the company on some nights but is playing a heel and Mark Henry is irrelevant

Edit: I heard about the injury too but I mean he kept wrestling anyway so what was the difference? It's not like Henry does a lot in the ring
Having Sheamus go over Henry at WrestleMania would of a been a much bigger impact and achievement. Remember Henry as World Champion was built as biggest threat in the WWE at the time, he also got great heat as Champion. So Sheamus going over Henry and finally ending his destructive run as World Champion would of established Sheamus as a top face for sure.

I'm not sure how bad the injury was, other people may know, but it seemed to be significant enough for Vince McMahon to suddenly put a stop to Henry's reign as champion.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I think this is definitely the best scenario for all 3 men, and if the match still came on first that really could have been a very realistic route to take.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts