Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meltzer was the first one who reported that Lesnar threw the title at Vince after the WM 34 ME ( Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon exchange words after WrestleMania ).

I never quite understood why Lesnar did something so drastic. Vince's reaction was surreal and called him an a**hole. Not a single got up to protect Vince or interfere in the matter. Sure the main event was garbage because they had a guy who wasn't over fighting Lesnar. Some of the stupid ideas that Vince had leading up to the event also did not pay off; Reigns beating every top guy, Lesnar's F5 being super protected where every wrestler was losing in 1 F5, etc.

Why did Lesnar throw the title at Vince backstage after the WM 34 ME?

·
Premium Member
12,029 Posts
Don't quote me on it but I seem to remember there being later reports that it was a work?

·
The Babyface of WF
12,445 Posts
I thought it was quite funny tbh.

Maybe Brock was thinking "Here you go you got what you wanted out of me now I'll stay for your money and not bother with UFC"

Who knows.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Because he had a match with Roman that got boo'd to DEATH and Brock was like "here's your phony belt, genius. Enjoy!"

The match DIED a death. If I went out there to a match that didn't work at all in any way shape or form, and it was totally and entirely Vince's fault that it was the anti match, I'd be annoyed at him too.

·
Premium Member
14,932 Posts
I was under the impression that it was a work.

If you'll recall, that program was primarily built around Brock possibly returning to UFC and not giving a fuck about WWE, while also not having to abide by the same rules as everyone else.

Remember, there was like a two week period where a Brock/Roman face off was advertised for Raw but Brock "no-showed" and the second time was when Roman confronted Vince in Gorilla.

Basically, the entire program was presented as a shoot. They're openly acknowledging Brock potentially going to UFC. Roman is pointing out Vince's favoritism towards Brock. So it certainly isn't farfetched that Brock being upset at Mania was a work, especially when you consider how involved Paul Heyman is in Brock's creative and how similar that situation was to his booking of Taz/Sabu.

·
Registered
12,853 Posts
I see three possibilities all of which are pure speculation...

1) It's easy to assume Brock doesn't watch ANY WWe television, but he may have heard rumblings that his Mania match was once again going to get shit on harder than a statue in a pigeon sanctuary. Now while Brock cares little and less about prowrestling he does care about his box office appeal, something another WOAT Mania match had potential to harm. He probably went to Vince and was told those rumblings were overblown if not complete nonsense, something that obviously wasn't true. The match was shit on, and Lesnar acted accordingly.

2) Lesnar knew the match was going to get shit on, Vince disagreed, and Lesnar couldn't help but rub in the fact that he was right.

3) The whole this was a work just to get fans talking and by typing out to "mark theories" I did exactly what WWe wanted.

Again ALL speculation. Short of an autobiography we'll likely never really know. I'm most inclined to think the third.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be a work because Vince would never show himself in such a situation in front of everyone and that too taped. The only exception to the rule was Wrestling with Shadows and that was not a WWE production.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Brock Lesnar is a star. He gets paid a lot of money to do what he does because he has been careful in sculpting an image of credibility. When he returned to the WWE in 2012, there was probably a quid pro quo of "I'll come back to your company if you give me (x) and (y)." (x) is money. (y) is fucking good booking. Vince McMahon laid out a creative direction for Brock heading into WrestleMania 34. This was after the disaster of the Roman Reigns push in 2015. It was supposed to be there that Brock's grand immediate purpose to the company was to be fulfilled -- make Roman Reigns a star. Three years on and Vince has set things up with Brock and Roman exactly the way he wants it...and the fans start throwing beach balls around. It's not only that they don't like Roman; they don't give a fuck about Brock either. Brock's star power comes from his mystique and credibility, and this completely shattered that mystique.

He was pissed off creatively. Brock went out there and did what he was supposed to do based on a lot of "trust me's" and it was a disaster of a main event from the start, no matter how good Brock and Roman are or how hard they worked. Throwing the belt at Vince was a way of saying "Fuck you. I trusted you. That shit fucking sucked. You fucking suck." He went home, Heyman went home, Vince would have called up Brock and they would have talked about what they're going to do about it (probably involving more money and "I want Heyman doing my segments").

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
He didn’t like that the toxic fans ruined his match without even giving it a chance .

He felt under appreciated and thus blamed Vince for it so he threw the belt at him completely refusing to take any blame for the fans being toxic
That's a much more succinct way of saying what I meant, haha.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Many people or particularly, wrestling fans that think he's lazy but he's actually corporate person ,follow the instructions and just want finish his job finely. If Vince told him to finish his opponent with one finisher,he will do it and not try to do any improvisation. Just look how he make himself look weak in front of Drew or make Seth Rollins went over.

Brock was pissed because it suppose Roman's night and he's okay if he lost on that night but Vince change the direction in the middle of match which he don't like it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Because the match got buried and it was the main event brock was probably just pissed off because the whole feud was flat from the start and the fans made that vocal. They should of put the belt on strowman in late 2017 but they didn't because they wanted this match again and they was the only ones who wanted it

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
He was probably tired of working with Reigns endlessly by this point in these weird attempts to get him over.

Also, if it happened on camera, it was likely a work in some way.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
lol @ people thinking Brock actually gives a fuck about his matches or his fans. He was probably mad because he got paid ONLY few millions for that.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
He didn’t like that the toxic fans ruined his match without even giving it a chance .

He felt under appreciated and thus blamed Vince for it so he threw the belt at him completely refusing to take any blame for the fans being toxic
I hate this. It's not the fans fault if you tell a story terribly. If you weren't doing a terrible job, they genuinely would not boo you. Provably.

This is like blaming the fans for not like the Star Wars prequels. Like, no fucking way with that attitude.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I hate this. It's not the fans fault if you tell a story terribly. If you weren't doing a terrible job, they genuinely would not boo you. Provably.

This is like blaming the fans for not like the Star Wars prequels. Like, no fucking way with that attitude.
I completely disagree the fans were determined to ruin this match because supposingly “Roman doesn’t deserve to main event”. It has nothing to do with the storytelling as they were booing everything about Roman before he even had the chance to do anything .

That thug of war segment was obviously done becuase wwe didn’t want fans to boo or overcritizise Roman during segments so they tried to reduce his presence during the buildup but again- they had a shit buildup becuase of the toxic fans being very determined to make this a shit show without ever Giving it a proper chance to develop.

It has nothing to do with Roman doing a bad job it has everything to do with the fans hive mind to ruin this shit so they can prove a point that they are right and “Roman sucks and doesn’t deserve the spot he is in”.

Same fans that cheered when nakamura won the rr even though the guy never cut a good promo on English to save his mind and then tuned out of the his feud as soon as Roman was out of the title picture .

And the same fans who cheered so much for The Fiend to win the title vs Rollins becuase “he deserves it” and then tuned out when he did and stopped caring.

AND the same fans who cheered so hard about Kofi “deserving the wwe title at mania “ only to turn on him and tune out as soon as he won it.

So yea it had little to do with Roman there and all to do with the toxic fans being determined to ruin the main event , I remember people on here saying that they will only tune in and watch that Mania just so see how the fans will shit on the event.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Jesus, people still thought that was legit, lol. It was a work. Not a chance they would have released the footage if it wasn't.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts